“Friendly Service, Average Accommodation, GREAT BEACH”
Review of Blue Wind Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Koh Tao
Blue Wind Resort
Ranked #38 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
Berlin, Germany
“Friendly Service, Average Accommodation, GREAT BEACH”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The staff was friendly and laid back. The hut had only cold water, but it's quite warm weather anyway. The hut was simple, the bed comfy, and even came with a mosquito net. Prices weren't ridiculous either. We stayed for 3 nights. Ate at the Bakery for 2 mornings. No complaints there. During the day however, we spent our time doing activities or sunbathing on the Blue Wind section of the beach. So, we had little contact with staff outside of checking in and out. Overall, it was a pleasant stay if you don't mind going without a few luxuries.

Room Tip: Spend one night as close to the beach as possible. It's worth it. Then retreat back from the win...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is my third year visiting Koh Tao and I always stay at Blue Wind. Looking at other reviews I'm appalled. I always stay in the smaller bungalows near the beach. They are cheap and exactly what I want. Front row to the water. The accommodation is simple, bed, bathroom, fan. I always take cold showers because it is so hot in thailand. The fan is perfect because air conditioning is too cold for the climate and the drastic change often makes me sick. But they have rooms/bungalows to fit any travelers needs. The restaurant is right on the beach perfect for dining or just sitting for hours reading, working on the computer, people watching. The staff is friendly and approaching any of them for a menu or to order is effortless. There is sometimes a language barrier, that is easily fixed with a smile and patience. There is drop in yoga on site that rivals any I have attended in the US and costs half the price. There are hundreds of places to stay on Koh Tao. This is the one that feels like home to me.

• Stayed September 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Upon arriving in Koh Tao, we decided, based on ratings on trip advisor that we wanted to dive with Big Blue Diving so, we made our way here and my partner was told he could begin learning to dive that night! Unfortunately, Big Blue didn't have any bungalow accommodation available for that night so we took a walk up the beach to see if we could find somewhere cheap and cheerful to stay for a few nights....

We found Blue Wind resort which was certainly the former but definitely not the latter. We had a beach bungalow with a fan and cold water for 450THB a night. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for but I think for the standard of service we probably paid over the odds to be honest. On arrival the room was tired and dilapidated, frankly a good going over with a duster and a paint brush would do it the world of good. The bathroom was mouldy, rusty and out to the open air so we were afraid that the mozzies would use this to their advantage, a liberal spritz of 100% deet saw to it that they did not! But the bedding at least was clean and fresh so, being that we're not terribly fussy as travellers, we thought it would do as a base.

Sadly though, a child could have accessed the padlock on the bungalow door so we always took our valuables with us, which was something of an inconvenience lugging cameras etc onto diving boats for 3 days. Also, there was no housekeeping done on the room during our stay, no fresh towels, no cleaning of the shower and toilet.

I think to describe this accommodation is basic would be doing a disservice to those places I've already rated on this trip, so I will summarise by saying the hut was distinctly grotty but the location was good and served only as a base for our other activities, do not stay here if you're not going to be out at sea or partying the night away.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Koh Tao hotels

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

The only thing going for the place is that it is near the beach. Most of the staff are also friendly, but the management are quite possibly the rudest people I've ever met. They attempted to extort us for a fan that was broken when we arrived.

Furthermore, the prices we had read in Lonely Planet were no longer available so we had to fork out a very substantial amount. The room in no way justified this price and was infested by small cockroaches. Security was equally lapse and we'd often find shady locals looking through our windows. In addition, the snorkelling gear we rented was leakier than the piping in the bathroom.

To top it off, the bakery at the bottom has the smallest portions on the island so that you have to order about 4 mains to satisfy your hunger. Possibly my worst experience of travelling so far.

• Stayed August 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The rooms are clean and quite big (although our room had ants). And the location is great. However the service in the restaurant is poor. Often we'd sit down and have to ask someone for a menu, to which they would point at a stack of menus, and we had to collect them ourselves. The staff never seemed happy to help.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The location of this accommodation was perfect, situated on the beach front of Haad Sairee which is one of the main beaches in Koh Tao. The rooms were reasonably price according to this! The rooms were clean and bathrooms were decent.
Although I think the accommodation was reasonable I would not choose to stay here again due to the service we received! Whether it was the waiting staff at the restaurant or the guy at the reception they were rude and reluctant to help, so much so it looks like it pains them to take your order! Compared to other Thai people who are happy to help and will have a laugh with you the staff here are right at the bottom of the scale! I cannot express how bad the staff are here and would suggest trying else where before staying here!

• Stayed July 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I loved this place! I ended up stay 10 nights instead of four! They have a wide variety of rooms for different budgets but even the most expensive are very good value for money! The location is great, quiet and peaceful and a lovely stroll through the huts to the beautiful beach. I also enjoyed breakfast most days at the bakery - good value and delicious breads, croissants etc. I really found a home away from home here. Definitely want to return in the future. I also took part in the on-site yoga classes - they were great!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends