See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I've stayed at Blue Wind for 3 nights in december with a friend. We had one of the new (fan) bungalows with hot shower and paid 800 baht per night for the two of us.

Location was perfect, at te beach, with nightlife, restaurants and shops within walking distance (2 min). Yet far away enough not to be bothered by it.

Bungalow was very spacious and clean, no comments there.

Reception, and therefore acces to safety lockers, closes at six so you have to keep that in mind but that wasn't really a problem for us.

If I would ever return to koh Tao I would definitely go back to Blue Wind

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Elze138
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Almost all bungalows are different size, price and quality. We just wanted the cheapest price. We paid 700 baht/night for a very basic fan room (during high season, this was all that was left and cheapest), with mosquito net, cold water, and manual toilet (not western). We had a balcony with a bench and hung our clothes to dry (most bungalows do). Location wise, it's pretty good. It is a 5-10 minute walk to all the nightlife, bars and restaurants in Sairee Village and the beach out front is pretty good too. Service/staff pretty non-existent, but it didn't bother us.

Pro: good value and location, also there is a yoga class there if you're into that!
Con: wifi in restaurant only, fan in room is not strong enough if you are also using mosquito net
Overall: recommend
Tip: The restaurant is superb. The fish burger is to die for. The rest of the menu is also quite good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank charlotte_darling84
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We, (Me my son and Fiance) stayed in one of the 800Baht Fan bungalow's which we found to be average not good not bad. i will say that with the mosquito net on the 4 poster the fan did nearly nothing. if you don't mind a few creepy crawlies like we don't it's fine. we stayed 2 nights and slept comfortably. Staff in the restaurant and reception we're not the politest of people although we found this to be the case in much of Koh Tao (maybe because of high tourism) the restaurant is nice and sells good food nice place to watch the sunset and catch up on emails. The coconut and mango lassi's were delicious!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Isobel W
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here for more than a week, at bungalow 18, which came with a queen size four poster bed with mosquito netting, hot water and a fan. I paid 800 bht per night. It was about 20 m from the beach, and was one of the rather "modern" looking bungalows. I was pretty satisfied with the accommodation. Having said this, I'm not so sure about some of the other cheaper bungalows.. they looked really worn and uncomfortable. There was not much in terms of service, the rooms were not cleaned at all unless you request it. The restaurant was not too bad, the curries were decent, and it was a good place to watch the sunset. The location is excellent, right next to Big Blue Diving, where I was learning how to dive.

Room Tip: Bungalow 16, 17, 18 are newer and much nicer than the others.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I booked a fan bungalow for just one night for 450B. The worst of all was: as I was preparing to shower, I saw a parasitic worm "swimming" on the water on the floor. But there was more. Toilet doesn't flush -- you have to throw water in it from a bucket. I suppose it has never been cleaned -- spider webs everywhere. A cockroach was on my bed as I got back in the evening. It was also scorching hot, not enough ventilation in the room. Windows and door don't lock safely -- and there is a sign alerting to "recent break ins in Koh Tao". Staff careless and unfriendly.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo