“Beautyful”
Review of View Point Resort

View Point Resort
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed March 6, 2013

It's actually not that easy to describe this place. We stayed in villa 2 and 4, and while the former is lovely and exactly as described in the photos, villa 4 just blows your socks off. It is the most beautiful space I've ever stayed in and I pondered about not leaving and waiting for them to throw me out by force. The views, the jungle in the bathroom, the yoga sala where you can have your breakfasts delivered to, the round living room with it's funky round sofa, the second outdoor shower overlooking the sea, and then the totally secluded round infinity pool pool...so many highlights. No one can see you apart from the longtail boat operators out at sea and they don't care. The villas are designed around nature and yes, you will see some local creatures if you're lucky. Squirrels, crabs, frogs, birds, ants, they all belong there and I envy them because they on't have to leave.
Viewpoint is not a 5 star resort, so people who think they should get a whole luxury package will be disappointed, but it offers stunningly designed accommodation and very friendly and competent service. The restaurant is lovely, newly built just by the sea, and the food is excellent. My only criticism is that the small beach by the resort could do with a bit of a make over.
We hope to come back soon.

Room Tip: Villa 4 is just stunning.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sab1ne
There are newer reviews for View Point Resort

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We loved our stay at View Point Resort. Fabulous service, great location! We stayed in one of the cheaper bungalows and found it very clean and comfortable. We planned on staying for four days and ended up staying for ten. You even have a small, secluded beach right next to the hotel. Would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Although many of the rooms (like the villas with the private pools) are for those with a higher budg...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights in January and had an amazing time. Pool villa 1 is absolutely amazing with a breathtaking view over the ocean, we wished we could have stayed longer.

The staff were exceptionally friendly and couldn't do enough for us. They even gave us a cottage free of charge on the last day for us to shower in and store our luggage until we left that evening.

Will definitely look into going back at some point, and recommend it to anyone who is after a bit of luxury on their travels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lucy_w967
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My partner and I stayed in pool villa 7 for 8 days over Christmas. It is quite an expensive villa/ room really , but if it had been worth the money I wouldn't mind.
Firstly the view from the villa is amazing, but that's it really.!
I think it unfair to call it a 'resort' , the restaurant was still being built and that is the only facility offered. We were asked if we would like our meals in our room, but the room is so far from the restaurant it would be cold by the time it reached us. There is no phone in the room service. There is a very steep, exhausting and at times dangerous walk to the restaurant which is by the sea. I fell over once in the dirt, there are limited lights and no hand rails. I am only 40 and reasonably fit but found myself dreading the walk back up the hill to our ' villa'.
The villa although at first has the wow factor you quickly realise once darkness falls (6pm) that you need to rush around lighting every mosquito repellant possible. There a/c in the villa but none of the doors shut together propery so you have to wrap you self in a mosquito net to sleep, it's such a palava. The bathroom conects to the bedroom with a folding door and the bathroom s open to the elements... The Mosquitos again. We had our own infinity pool but it was dirty and as the power goes off regularly the filter stops.
The staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough for you, but it's very overrated. Definitely not worth 12000 tb a night!

Room Tip: Wait til they have finished building the rooms closer to the sea front.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe H
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 10 days in pool villa #4 in March 2012 and it was great. The view from the plunge pool in the cliff edge and sun deck sunsets was amazing.
The outdoor bathroom with wan water was a treat and a great open shower over loping the sea was just a delight!
We had a great experience And the service was fantastic.
Yes the resturant could do with an upgrade but the service and view over the bachelors you overlook this aspect.
We highly recommend staying at view point and in villas.
Ant n Meg's

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Anthony_McKee
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We only stayed for 1 night at this place.
First I do have to say that the view is amazing from the sea side bungalows.

Pros:
- View

Cons:
- No hot water although promised
- Rats in the room at night
- Windows without curtains towards the walkway (Everyone can see what you are doing)
- Broken locks on the windows (Everyone can climb in when you are not there)
- Mould and rust allover the shower
- Wifi only works in restaurant
- Breakfast not included
- No safe in the room

All this you get for 1500 Baht per night. The bungalow we had was V03 and the bungalow we got when we went to another place the next day, had working locks on all windows, hot water, no animals for 700 a night.

What was also interesting that no one bothered to ask why we leave after one night although we booked for 4 nights.

If you only stay at yur room and look at the view it maybe can be ok when you get a nice room, but if you need it to sleep and are diving through out the day it is not worth it.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Berickus
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were a family of 8 travelling together my husband and I stayed in Pool Villa 5 for the first 2 nights and had 3 Cottages V for the others. The Pool villa's are absolutely fantastic and the service excellent. We couldn't really afford the pool villa for more than 2 nights and to make the most of it you need to be there in the day and not out and about. I assumed that after a couple of days we would be ready to venture further afield and that a Cottage V would be just as suitable for a nights sleep when we returned. I was right but still missed the luxury of the pool villa. The best views are from the Cottages V but if we had been fortunate enough to have a sunset the Pool villa would have come into it's own. Chalok Bay is a lovely clean bay with a really nice bar called Babaloo just along the beach--great for chilling in Hammocks. We left here and went to Sensi Paradise---not a patch on this place--we even returned by taxi one evening for a few drinks on the beach. Nothing going on in Mae Head--I wouldn't recommend going there.

To summarise we enjoyed our stay here very much. The staff are very attentive and the resort peaceful. Only niggle I have is that they charged me 800 baht for a shampoo dispenser that my son accidently dropped. £16 seems a bit steep and I do think they should accept that some small breakages will happen. Other than this my advice would be to go, we loved it there.

Room Tip: Pool villa's are beautiful but pricey---best for a sunset Best views and value however in my op...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family