“Perfect location for us”
Review of AC Resort

AC Resort
Ranked #48 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Perfect location for us”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Nice rooms, A/C worked, huge beds. We had a cabin surrounding the pool which was nice. The food in the restaurant was both cheap and amazing. The view of the sunset on their terrace was amazing. Music could be a wee bit loud if you were looking for an early night, but we weren't so was perfect.

Room Tip: Get one near the pool
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Callum J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Xiamen, China
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed in the AC 2 hostel next door (I think they are run by the same people). The bungalow was full of holes, we had lizards crawling all over our walls and when we tried to leave early without paying they refused to give us a refund. Worst experience ever - dont go here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Sinead N

Travelers are raving about these Koh Tao hotels

Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I got booked here through Phoenix Divers (great dive shop!) and between my dives and certifications in I stayed 4 more nights which I paid myself. Very basic, but not bad. What makes it hard to recommend is that the resort is burning a lot of trash, particularly R11 and R12 are affected badly by this. All other bungalows closer to the bar will have bass thumping all night from the AC bar. Also, the AC restaurant is overpriced and you still get cheated.

Room Tip: Make sure you are in the far back and away from the trash burning.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Witte_Aap
bournemouth
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Booked on agoda for about 1400B a night, turned up and checked in, gave the key deposits over (1000B) for 2 rooms, walked to our room and saw the swimming pool was empty, fair enough, it's low season so I understand hotels prefer to do maintenance at this time of year, apart from that the room was no way worth what we payed, so we went back to reception to cancel our reservation, only to be told we can't cancel. I asked to speak to the manager and the bloke behind the desk abruptly answered "I am the manager" I then asked to speak to the owner, to which he replied "No" after phoning agoda and resolving our problem we then went to get our deposits for the keys back (1000B). The manager then told us we cannot have our deposits back, baring in mind we hadn't as much as set foot in the room for more than 5 minutes to have a look at it, I see this as very unreasonable, I told him this to which he replied " I don't care", very professional manager you see. In the end we gave up trying and literally cut our loses, much to my disapproval, we walked 2 minutes up the road and got a room for 1000B at bans resort, this maybe cheaper than usual as I was doing my diving with them, either way it worked out alot cheaper, they have 2 full pools of water & really nice rooms. Would recommend to anyone, if anyone does go to AC resort my advice is to check the rooms first before agreeing to give a deposit of 500B per room

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank dvdgiant2005
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed April 28, 2012

AC Resort is centrally localted at the main beach of Koh Tao - it operates several bungalows ranging from fan to A/C situated in a green, tropical environment. The resort futures a pool, a restaurant, a bar and discounted rooms in case you book dive lessons with one of the local schools (Phoenix divers - highly recommended).

The central location makes it a perfect homebase for diving, eating, accessing the beach and exploring the island. So far, so perfect. Unfortunately the overweight guy at the reception is so unfriendly that he not only deserves to be mentioned here but that it also leaves you sometimes just speechless. He might have had a bad day or whatever kind of problems, but in this case he had the same problems several times with different people.

The attached restaurant and bar overlooking the beach offer stunning views at sunset and reasonable food at decent prices - the service especially in the restaurant is totally dependent of your waiter. Some are just too busy chatting that they just can't take your order within 15 min while others will be fast and friendly.

The second thing to point out is the totally disatrous state in which the bathrooms of some of the fan-bungalows are. Mouldy walls, uncleaned, no real ventilation, no flush toilets - we are surely not picky but here a stroke of work wasn't done in years. If you don't believe it just have a look by by yourself. During one weeks we only got new towels after asking for them at the reception, the rooms weren't cleaned in this period.

Long story short told this resort offers great value for your money and we would have given the full rating but the above mentioned points are so prominent, that they are just not acceptable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I am absolutely staggered by the rudeness with which I was treated at this place. They drew us in with the sell that all the rooms had free WIFI (which we needed for work purposes), but we had to stay for a minimum of 2 nights, which had to pay in advance including a 300Baht deposit. The WIFI barely worked even at the front desk, and when my wife politely asked the front desk person to help he was extremely rude to her. I then told them that we wanted to leave since they were unable to hold up their end of the deal, and they refused and told me to 'f**k off' and were incredibly insulting towards us both. And all this from a polite inquiry as to why the internet service we were promised with our rooms wasn't working.

This place actually looks ok on the surface - great location, and the rooms aren't too bad (though 500 Baht for a sweltering insect infested bungalow is a little steep by most people's estimation). However, the incredible rudeness of the front desk person here was frankly disgusting. His attitude was the worst I've ever come across in all my travels around the world, and I couldn't warn people off staying here enough. I agree with everyone else who has given this place terrible reviews - they simply shouldn't be allowed to be in business.

I say it again - the people here were as rude to me as anyone has ever been in my whole life. Stay here only if you want to give your money to money grabbing, honourless, rude and horrible people.

Room Tip: Just don't.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank AEWallace
Koh Samui
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We were two nights on family bungalow and it was ok. Very good location and reasonable prices.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family