“cheap option”
Review of Saireehut Resort

Saireehut Resort
Ranked #93 of 142 Specialty Lodging in Koh Tao
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed 10 days in this hotel in Sairee beach. We had one of the standard rooms. The room have seen their better days and is very tired. The linen and towels are all old. W asked the cleaners to change the linen every two days, but they ignored the request and only after asking number of times from reception they changed them. Even the rooms are old and tired, the beds are still comfortable and the room had plenty of pillows. The room did have aircon and fridge. The resort has built lovely new bungalows and I would definitely consider staying in one of those as the price was ok. The main reason staying in this hotel was the price and it was very cheap in the peak season.

We also had breakfast included and it was ok, nothing special and they did not offer any gluten free bread options. If you turned p 20-10 minutes before the breakfast was about to finish and if something was finished it was not replaced at this time, so make sure if you want to have breakfast turn up in time.

The pool gets busy and it is hard to get lounger. When we were in Koh Tao the water was quite high and it made tanning on the beach difficult, also the beach back of the hotel is nothing special. The location is ok, but quite a walk from some of the beach bars.

Room Tip: Look into booking in one of the new bunglows
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Saireehut Resort

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Sairee Hut Resort is a disappointment. Cleanliness, services and food all quite poor especially for fees charged. Lots of trash on property. Newer suites might be different but older ones cramped and worn. All four days no hot water and wifi worked a total of 10 minutes. Would not return here. Housecleaning left dirty dishes in room for our entire stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Sairee hut was a lovely relaxing getaway after a slightly stressful full moon phagnan visit.

The rooms were lovely and spacious, cleaned every day, included a fridge and free water daily and had a nice balcony to chill on.

The staff were all super friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome. Breakfast was tasty too!

Perfect location on sairee beach, next door to a lively bar called cancun which you can go to for a more buzzing atmosphere before heading back to some peace.

Pool was beautiful and refreshing, bar food tasty and not too expensive. Over all, it was a bit of a paradise trip to recover from a hectic weekend!!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay here. Good pool and right on the beach, room was a little cramped and not much floor space once all luggage was in. All staff were friendly and smily. Ate in restaurant once which was ok food. Never made it for breakfast but my friends that did all said it was really nice.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The location of this Hotel is excellent. The pool is right beside the beach and the general cleanliness of the common areas are good. The rooms however, left a lot to be desired. The first room we stayed in had a problem with the covers on the windows to keep out mosquitoes. This was a major issue for me as I am highly allergic. I notified reception and they sorted the problem when my friend and I were out for breakfast. There were also a lot of dead mosquitoes in the bathroom that housekeeping hadn't bothered to clean up. The following day we woke up to a very strong smell of sewage. I almost threw up when I went into the bathroom. I told reception and after examining the room, they asked us to pack up our things and they moved us to another room. Luckily after a rocky start, we had no more issues. The food in the restaurant is okay- we had breakfast a few times because it was convenient. We did our PADI course with the diving school. My friend and I had our own instructor. Apart from our rocky start we enjoyed our stay here and would definitely consider staying here again if we came back to the area. Sairee Beach is such a beautiful place!

Room Tip: Worth paying the extra money to stay in the newly built rooms closer to the beach
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank dathaigh
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed there 4 nights and I have to stay that we were comfortable. We were greated by Komsou and Gida, whom have been very helpfull.

Komsou in particular has been very attentive tou our need and has done is best to make sure we were comfortable. He provided us with usefull information and have a good source of information for us.

The place, although slowly aging is well located. Right on the beach, with a very good restaurant which is always busy at night. The reason, the great cooking and you are on the beach for the sunset.

The down side, is house cleaning. I don't mind using the same bed sheet for a few days, I do it at home. What I do mind is not having the toilet wash everyday. Let me explain, if you don't leave me a brush to cleane it myself, how I am supposed to clean it? Unfortunately we have had to endure this which is not something I would have done at home. No glass washed or replace if they have been used, again what are we supposed to do?

Also this is not a diving center resort. When we booked this resort, wewere happy to see that it was a diving resort. Actualy this is more like an office with a diving pool. In all my stay there I have not seen one course givin there nor any diving gear. So if your are an active diver and have experence a real diving resort be aware, this is not what I have experience before. One last detail, the breakfast is serve only from 7:30am, so if you plan to either go diver or any activity that require early departure, breakfast will not be available. Suggetion, open from 6:00am, since all the diving club will leave at 7:00am to go to the dive site.

But honestly, beside these details that can be corrected rapidely, the place is fine.

I would still recommande it since I am certain these points can corrected.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at sairee hut for 3 nights and had a good time.
Nice, but simple, rooms. Good airco, which is most important with temperatures like this!

Nice,clean pool overlooking the ocean. Not too much sunbeds though.
Restaurant is ok for breakfast, but i would not recommend it for dinner.

Great reception staff, especially Sander! Took his time to answer all of your questions and was more than happy to help you wih anything. Great!

The thai massage right across the street from the resort is great! Def recommend it!

Only thing i did think was that the entrance of the resort looks really poot and unattractive. I would have walked straight passed it.

• Stayed: April 2014