Saireehut Resort
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
The Rocks Villas(Koh Tao)
View Hotel
All reviewssairee hutscuba shackolder roomscheaper roomshotel is excellentdeluxe roomsbreakfast was includednice breakfastpool towelsdiving schoolnice poolpool viewair conditioningsun loungersstayed longerislandtao
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Any diving activity you want to book is available here at a very fair price. Very small groupS. I was as lucky as to have a 1 on 1 instruction. 1 person two persons or group they don't care they start any time you wish. You are an excellent hands. Perfect instructions, first in pool 1 then pool 2 and then out in the ocean. they have got a boat on their own to take you places, serving free: coffee,tea water fruit and cookies.
They charge a very fair price not foul package deals like their competitors; who put you into a shabby room or you have to pay a lot extra for an upgrade. So compare prices well and ask how much the course will be without accimmodation in case you want to stay somewhere else. And here huge differences are to be found. Everybody who has completed a class or participated in any activities with Sairee hut diving including me highly recommends this diving school. The pools are wonderful and the restaurant serces good food at decent pricing. don't get it confused with Sairee cottage. just give it a shot you won't regret it.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank travelgirl0511
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Booked 7 nights in this hotel with a double room with booking.com. On arrival we were told we had a twin room and when we stated booked a double they said there were no doubles left except for in the more expensive bungalows WHICH THEY SEEMED TO TRY TO SELL TO EVERY ONE. At the same time we were we checking in, there was another couple that had book a twin room but were given a double. Both receptionists (who were extremely rude) both stated that we and the other couple had not made such requests and demanded email proof. At the time I couldn't find my email to them and accepted the room as they said they would make the twin beds into a double. The other couple which did have proof were pretty tough but we will give you a camp bed which we usually charge 400 Baht a night for free. As we couldn't show our email as proof we went to the room.

The room was dingy, dirty. There were dead mosquitos that had been squashed on the walls and not cleaned off. The walls had dirt marks all over them. The bathroom had a dirty water pipe on one of the walls that was black with dirt and mould. All of which you can see in the photos.

We left the room to go and get a drink. When we came back the hotel staff had just about pushed the beds together and there was no double sheet put over the bed- I found my email stating that we had asked for a double bed and went to the reception for the 3rd time to have it out with them. Again the receptionist was having none of it. He did not want to help at all. He said that I can stay one night and get a refund in the morning. So we called his bluff and said ok. He seemed quite pleased as he said that Ko Tao was busy at this time and thought we wouldn't be able to find another room, but we did and it was the best decision we made. He said it wasn't a problem as someone wanted the room anyway - i said that I was glad it hadn't put him out - he was so rude.

We bought sarongs to put over the bed because there was no way I was going to sleep in their dirty sheets.

The hotel from the front looks lovely as they are building modern rooms and these are the rooms they only seem interested in. These are also the rooms they tried to sell us

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank courseiam
Saireehut_Resort, Manager at Saireehut Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

dear guest
Thanks so much to give me information I'm already check all the paper which is booked from booking .com it's not specially request just booked standard room so if we have double bed / twin bed you will get that option but if you request before in your booking we will prepare that type for you and also at your check in time is very busy so we just have only expensive room left then we try to give you information if you 're not happy with that choice we're so sorry and does't matter for us but we just need to do something better for our guest only. anyway I must thanks a lot to send me the picture that's I will complain with maid soon .

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at the Saireehut Resort for nearly a week during end August 2012. I was initially concerned upon reading some reviews however, in retrospect, think it was a great choice.

We had originally booked two Family Rooms (which I didn't like much, the bathrooms in particular were not very clean) and then upgraded into the Pool Villa with the plunge pool (which was certainly brilliant). The water pressure was somewhat of an issue and despite several complaints, the hot water was not resolved in the upstairs bedroom throughout our 6 day stay. Things worked fine in the downstairs room. I am not sure if this was oversight or something that just could not be or was not fixed.

The resort is right on the beach and one spends most of the time in the beach/pool areas. Breakfast was okay, the bartender NAM was brilliant, and spent lots of time around the beach area ordering food and drinks. MOJO (from Myanmar) was full of humor.

Noteworthy, there are construction works going on within the site but that doesn't interfere with the day-to-day living of the guests. There are rooms of various types to suit different budgets, and I cannot comment on them. The resort also arranges free pick-up and drop-off from hotel premise to-from the Ferry pier at Mae Haad.

I will stay at Saireehut Resort again during future trips to Koh Tao, although will be picky about rooms because GBP 30-40 per night difference makes a huge difference in quality in Thailand.

Room Tip: The villas are excellent.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravellerThruTime

DEAR GUEST

Thanks a lot to give me information and wellcome for next time but so sorry about missing I will check with maid soon

Reviewed August 13, 2012

If you are coming to Koh Tao you really only need the beach, food, and maybe a swimming pool. Luckily, this hotel has all three at an affordable price! We recently stayed here for three nights and had just about everything we needed. The room was spacious and just steps from the pool and restaurant area. I was a little surprised that there was no hot water in the shower considering most nearby guesthouses all advertise hot water for lower rates. The bathroom also had a strong urine smell to it when we arrived which was less than pleasant. Most people won't be spending a lot of time in the room, and the pool was clean and overlooking the beach. The included breakfast was also delicious and had many different options. They don't really restock the breakfast items, so don't sleep in if you want the best choice of food. The hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle service to the ferry dock two times a day-- at 9am and 2pm. While the food at the restaurant it a little expensive than most, the food and shakes were good and you can't beat the beachfront view. I wish motorbikes weren't allowed on the path up to the rooms, so be careful when walking- especially at night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jessica D
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This was my 2nd visit staying at sairee hits, I came last year for a few weeks spread out and stayed here both times in one of the cheaper wooden huts towards the back, which was cheap budget accom and good for what we paid, my sister and I Luved our little bungalow :) we also did our padi here which was amazing, probably the best thing I have ever done, our teacher was Steve and he was great!
The 2nd visit though me and my boyfriend had booked to stay in one of the new rooms after I had seen them getting built last year (they do look fab on the outside!) but to be honest I wasn't to impressed in the inside, yeh there nice, but there not very spacious once insider it looks ash tough you have the whole villa but we didn't as the door for upstairs was locked and other rented the room upstairs, the sofas were rock hard and it just wasn't very comfy..and after a night out we we woken early by builders across the road. Paying 85 pound per night you was expect more anyway we only stayed one night and went into somewhere else id been before, much cheaper luxury!
I would stay here again though if backpacking like my first time as its very central to Koh Tao for nights out etc, and cheap, but wouldn't recommend the new builds!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple