“Great place in Koh Tao”
Review of Saireehut Resort

Saireehut Resort
Ranked #88 of 147 Specialty Lodging in Koh Tao
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at the Saireehut Resort for nearly a week during end August 2012. I was initially concerned upon reading some reviews however, in retrospect, think it was a great choice.

We had originally booked two Family Rooms (which I didn't like much, the bathrooms in particular were not very clean) and then upgraded into the Pool Villa with the plunge pool (which was certainly brilliant). The water pressure was somewhat of an issue and despite several complaints, the hot water was not resolved in the upstairs bedroom throughout our 6 day stay. Things worked fine in the downstairs room. I am not sure if this was oversight or something that just could not be or was not fixed.

The resort is right on the beach and one spends most of the time in the beach/pool areas. Breakfast was okay, the bartender NAM was brilliant, and spent lots of time around the beach area ordering food and drinks. MOJO (from Myanmar) was full of humor.

Noteworthy, there are construction works going on within the site but that doesn't interfere with the day-to-day living of the guests. There are rooms of various types to suit different budgets, and I cannot comment on them. The resort also arranges free pick-up and drop-off from hotel premise to-from the Ferry pier at Mae Haad.

I will stay at Saireehut Resort again during future trips to Koh Tao, although will be picky about rooms because GBP 30-40 per night difference makes a huge difference in quality in Thailand.

Room Tip: The villas are excellent.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravellerThruTime
Saireehut_Resort, Manager at Saireehut Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

DEAR GUEST

Thanks a lot to give me information and wellcome for next time but so sorry about missing I will check with maid soon

Reviewed August 13, 2012

If you are coming to Koh Tao you really only need the beach, food, and maybe a swimming pool. Luckily, this hotel has all three at an affordable price! We recently stayed here for three nights and had just about everything we needed. The room was spacious and just steps from the pool and restaurant area. I was a little surprised that there was no hot water in the shower considering most nearby guesthouses all advertise hot water for lower rates. The bathroom also had a strong urine smell to it when we arrived which was less than pleasant. Most people won't be spending a lot of time in the room, and the pool was clean and overlooking the beach. The included breakfast was also delicious and had many different options. They don't really restock the breakfast items, so don't sleep in if you want the best choice of food. The hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle service to the ferry dock two times a day-- at 9am and 2pm. While the food at the restaurant it a little expensive than most, the food and shakes were good and you can't beat the beachfront view. I wish motorbikes weren't allowed on the path up to the rooms, so be careful when walking- especially at night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jessica D
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This was my 2nd visit staying at sairee hits, I came last year for a few weeks spread out and stayed here both times in one of the cheaper wooden huts towards the back, which was cheap budget accom and good for what we paid, my sister and I Luved our little bungalow :) we also did our padi here which was amazing, probably the best thing I have ever done, our teacher was Steve and he was great!
The 2nd visit though me and my boyfriend had booked to stay in one of the new rooms after I had seen them getting built last year (they do look fab on the outside!) but to be honest I wasn't to impressed in the inside, yeh there nice, but there not very spacious once insider it looks ash tough you have the whole villa but we didn't as the door for upstairs was locked and other rented the room upstairs, the sofas were rock hard and it just wasn't very comfy..and after a night out we we woken early by builders across the road. Paying 85 pound per night you was expect more anyway we only stayed one night and went into somewhere else id been before, much cheaper luxury!
I would stay here again though if backpacking like my first time as its very central to Koh Tao for nights out etc, and cheap, but wouldn't recommend the new builds!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank missmerryweather87
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Saireehut resort is a beautiful well kept, friendly and relaxed place to stay. They have a wide variety of rooms and bungalows to suit everyone. All the rooms are kept to an exceptional standard, and offer daily fresh linen, towels and cleaning of the room. The staff are always friendly and can offer great advice on exploring the island including fair prices and where to go. The restaurant opens out on to the beach and offers brilliant views of Sairee beach. The restaurant offers an extensive menu including Thai, Western, Chinese, Italian, and many more varieties of food, all at affordable prices. There is a wonderful cocktail bar next to the restaurant which serves up some of the best cocktails on the island! Overall Sairee Hut is without fail the best place I have ever stayed in on Koh Tao, I have been visiting with my family for over 10 years and would not stay anywhere else!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Roisin J
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The hotel is in the main area of koh Tao and is right on the beach, I stayed in the bungalow which was good, the island is a lot more expensive that others I visited and even tho I payed a fair amount for the room I have stayed in nicer in koh Samui and Bangkok.
The staff are lovely and very helpful, the food was tasty and the pool was brill, they have a dive school also that has great rates and English tutors. The hotel did have a beach bar and also brand new villas (expensive but amazing). Its worth a stay for sure.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This resort is indeed a great value for money.
We booked a standard triple room at ~1000 Bahts. I would call it a very fair price considering good research I made on the various resorts available in Koh tao. The premises looks very new and very well kept.
Positives:
Cleanliness, Location & Amazing Pool.
Negatives - Language barrier with staff, no hot water.

Room Tip: Even though the resort is on the beach side, no rooms are beach facing since only restaurant faces t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank yssunil
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

HI GUEST

Thanks eor review us we will do better next time and sorry about unconvience about langauge ,anyway standard room is only one type without hot shower because is bugget room other type all with hot water sir
thanks

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Sareehut Resort just has it all. I have been been visiting Ko Tao since 1999 and just keep coming back to Saireehut every time. Great standard of accomodation with rooms spotless and throughly cleaned daily. Staff are lovely, and food is as always fantastic. The pool is right next to the beach-that is a great for me as I like to see that wonderful beach as much as possible. The restaurant is both inside and actually on the beach-just perfect for the evening breeze. At about five pm nothing beats a big margarita at the cocktail bar to watch the sun going down. All hotels will give advice but at Saireehut, owner/manager Mon has always given me the very best careful and reliable advice on anything I was thinking about doing on the island. You are definitely much more than just a customer at Saireehut so, many people like me, just keep coming back year after year for that perfect experience! Dont go anywhere else!

Room Tip: I am avery light sleeper but have never had trouble sleeping at Saireehut.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family