“Noisy hotel with poor staff” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunset Buri Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Koh Tao
Sunset Buri Resort
Ranked #49 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
Oslo, Norway
“Noisy hotel with poor staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

There is no reason to book a room here unless you plan on getting so drunk on the beach party nearby that you are not able to walk home. Loud techno and trance music until 5 AM, and got interrupted by drunk people looking for a nachspiel place several times during the night. The rooms were dirty, were not washed during our 2 night stay, and we had to pick up toilet paper and towels for ourselves, even though the staff promised to deliver it to our room.
The price is not low compared to other Koh Tao hotels, so avoid Sunset Buri if you can!

Room Tip: Far away from the beach.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank toneaa

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Yesod Hamaala, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was inexpensive for a room with 2 double beds with a/c and seemed quiet and close to the beach.... Until the crazy fire show with dj started. It was very smelly from smoke and there was unbearably loud music until 2 am. Ruined my day.

• Stayed July 2013

Travelers are raving about these Koh Tao hotels

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

My girlfriend and I checked into this place after walking along the beach and liking the look of the pool and the proximity to Sairee Beach. We should have taken heed from the rotten attitude of the lady at reception because not only did she refuse to smile she wouldn't even escort us to our room.

We had drunk a few too many Changs on the ferry and we were tired after the commute from Bangkok so we booked a room, but were disappointed with the extreme heat and lack of shade in the bungalows. After having a nap in the sauna-like rooms we awoke to find we were covered in sandflies.

The toilets were dirty, the pool was dirty and I was not game to leave my valuables in the room because the lock on the door barely worked.

Despite paying 700 baht for a room with a fan we decided to look for a better place during the same day we had booked in. Luckily we found another place (O'Chai Guest houses who unfortunately are not on Trip Advisor) and we booked in there on the same night for 500 baht a night and stayed there for the next 4 nights.

For shame Sunset Buri - we should've known better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mibattye
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

This place does look good from the outside, great location and a cool pool area. The hits are basic but overall ok for the price. The service here is a disgrace, ignorant and unenthusiastic. The electricity was out in the resort for two nights in a row!!! With no one to answer to the issue, the staff ( if any) just clear out. No welcoming or charismatic atmosphere to this place at all.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

WOW ...first impressions can be deceiving! The place I was staying at had all the rooms booked up past when I was staying, so I needed to move hotels. I had walked by here and it looked nice, so I went and paid for two nights. I was quite shocked when I checked in that they not only didn't take a photocopy of my passport(as most do) ....they never even had me fill out my name or a registration card, they just took my money and gave me a receipt????? The little huts looked so nice from the outside, with their little patio areas and big windows, but that's where it ended ...what a dump! They had done some crappy cleaning job ...there was still garbage from the last person that stayed there ...it was filthy, rundown, bugs everywhere. I paid for two nights, but after one went and asked for my money back, which surprisingly I was given! Don't be deceived on how this place looks from the outside ...you can do MUCH ...MUCH better for your money!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Dave B
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Had been here 5 nights - no flat screen tv it was a box that didn't work!
Swimming pool was green and dirty and not useable, staff are rude and not helpful.
Had 3 power cuts during our stay, one at 11pm then the next day at 6pm and couldn't even have a shower then one the next day at 12pm went to reception at 2 and said it was cut off till 5, it was sweltering hot and wouldn't give us any money back even though we had paid for aircon!!
The balcony doir wouldn't open so had to leave our clothes to dry in the room. Do not book here!

• Stayed February 2013
Goole, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for one night, because as soon as we got into the room (after changing room twice because there wasnt a bed in the room) we went looking for somewhere new to stay.

The room was very dull and boring, the headboard on the bed was mouldy and the bed sheets stunk and had stains and holes in.

The door to the balcony wouldnt lock so had to take all our valuables with us while looking for somewhere new to stay.

The staff werent helpful in the slightest, couldnt understand anything I was saying and just kept handing me a key for a new room.

It is one of the worst places I have ever stayed.

Oh and the swimming pool is disgusting and unusable, but that doesnt matter as much as it is right on the beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple