Koh Tao Tropicana Resort
$73
$57
Agoda.com
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
$131
$108
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$66
$39
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
$249
$124
  • Breakfast included
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$45
$41
$96
$70
Agoda.com
Aminjirah Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$51
$148
$137
Agoda.com
All reviewsbasic roomcold showernice balconyenglish guyceiling fandouble bedthai stylediving packagediving schoolpadi coursesairee beachchalokpharmacytideferrynets
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Tropicana resort offers excellent value accommodation and food. The resort is spotlessly clean and comfortable. The food is tasty and well priced. The staff are extremely friendly and they clean your room every few days for free

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shar0n1978
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Ten of us arrived in Koh Tao after the full moon with no accommodation in the torrential rain! We sat in the Koh Tao cafe calling around every resort, we had visited everywhere nearby but EVERY single place was full. We had strangers helping us, but there was nothing available, at all. Luckily, MR Wan (but likes to called no.1) came to our rescue allowing all ten of us to sleep in the outside massage gazebo. Obviously we had massages and bought lots of food as a thank you for his kindness. It is meeting people who put themselves out for you without knowing who you are which makes you want to go travelling even more. If you go, and you should, stay at Tropicana resort. The beautiful view of Chalok bay and budget bungalows - couldn't be better for a traveller. Stay at Tropicana resort for a real Thailand experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank KoutneyS
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Close to Buddha Dive school, so that was good. On the other hand apparently not all that clean since my dust allergy flared up pretty badly. I asked to change the room, which made the manager extremely unhappy ("How do I know you're not going to change rooms every day now?"), but eventually she agreed. I'd definitely give this one a miss next time.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I came to Koh Tao for dive trip to stay for one week, the hotel is just next door to the Islands major dive centre (Buddah View) and almost on the beach.
The hotel is is very nice place. if you are here to dive. but a bit far from main pier and where all major bars and parties are.

By the way, problem with hotel is Bedbugs!! I had almost my whole body bitten by bedbugs in 4 nights and have asked to change my room. by the way it costed me for two extra night to see Dr.
You can have option of having room with A/C or Fan, with hot water or not.
They do not clean the rooms everyday, (every 3-4 days)!

They do not have WiFi! :(

Room Tip: Minimum standard, surely better places are around!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank HesamSaroukhani
Reviewed August 21, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at Tropicana many times over the past 5 years. The resort caters to all travelling budgets, the food is sensational and cheap, and the staff are the friendliest on the island. I definately recommend the Tropicana to everyone travelling to Koh Tao.

Room Tip: Book in advance. Everyone wants to stay at Tropicana so it is very popular. Always telephone ahead, don't just rely on email.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple