“Sun, Sand and Sea” 4 of 5 bubbles

Manila, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sun, Sand and Sea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

As with the most tourist places, the Tachai Island is overcrowded with boats and tourists but the island itself is very nice. All tourists are barefooted, the sand is so white and so fine! The waves is a little rough but it's still very nice to swim. We stayed here for a few hours and went to snorkeling and a little trekking to look for "chicken crab" which in we didn't find one. I just hope they will continue to maintain the cleanliness of this place.

1 Thank frostini

• Thai first
spain
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Great daytrip with Seastar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Tachai island is well worth a visit. We went with Seastar who looked after us very well. Our guide Sam was wonderful, he took great care to look after us all and fixed my snorkel when I had problems. The snorkelling was surprisingly good. We had two sessions and saw masses of colourful fish. We had been warned that the Similan islands had been affected by the Tsunami but the snorkelling was as good as most places in the Caribbean for example. We travelled on a medium sized speedboat and were not too crowded. although it was quite a long trip and rather rough the day we went. The island was beautiful with white sand beaches and crystal clear water. The lunch was surprisingly tasty too. It is a popular trip so inevitable a bit touristy but much better than the other Similan island trips.

A big disappointment despite all the guides' best efforts was the rubbish people left behind. It is quite unbelievable that people would choose to pollute such a beautiful place just for the sake of a small amount of effort. People left their drinks cans where they were sitting on the beach for example.

uk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Beautiful island - let's hope tourists don't spoil it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Described as the Maldives of Thailand this was pretty close (having been to the Maldives!). Sea Star was the best company to go with their service etc was fantastic, great food and drink and the staff really helpful and friendly. The guide came out on tghe snorkelling trips and really helped you spot things - he also took some great pictures of Nemo fish. This compaby gave a far superior service. Beach was stunning and the snorkelling was some of the best. I just hope that this doesn't get too busy and maintains its char,

Edmonton, Canada
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Lovely but like everywhere else, overused”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Have not been to the other islands here, so have no basis for comparison, but found the island a bit overwhelmed by the number of boats and tourists. I was almost accidentally run over by a boat while snorkelling ( luckily, I am told I was spotted at the last minute by an alert passenger). That being said, the snorkelling was great, the beach beautiful and the food (prepared by a central kitchen on the island) was great. Would highly recommend it and, based on what I have heard from others) it is much less crowded than the alternatives ( shorter ride out 1 hr 15 min).

Hong Kong
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 444 helpful votes
“Great adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We went to Tachai Island with the love andaman operators. I dont know how to write this review without sounding like an advertisement but there is no one other way because firstly this island is beyond amazing and secondly the operators of the tour were truly exceptional.

Tachai island is a little over an hour from khao lak by boat and it is certainly worth the journey. I have been to many beaches in my life but never has one wowed my like this.

If you are coming to khao lak come here and BRING YOUR CAMERA