“Cockroaches !!”

Chaokoh Phi Phi Hotel & Resort
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
“Cockroaches !!”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed 3 nights, and it was just horrible !! We changed 2 times room, because we had cockroaches and other Mosquitos inside the room ! Very very poor ! And not a really apologize from the front desk !! They sayd: ok, change room.
Second time they say the same!!!
And paying 3000BHT for a night and getting this , NO NEVER again !

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Paris, France
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The staff is horrible welcoming you talking on the cell phone and ignoring you, The rooms are terrible with a very very bad smell in the bathroom, and they're dirty. The water in the swimming pool was nothing but clear, I guess they don't know that the water must be purged.. The area, Tonsai bay, is a king of tropical disneyland, very noisy and crowdy...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Ko Phi Phi Don hotels

torpoint
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We loved the location, about a five minute walk from the beach. The area was quiet at night and we did not get disturbed whilst staying here for five nights. The outdoor area is very pretty, lovely looking pool.
The rooms are fine, yes the rooms need a bit of TLC etc but at the end of the day you are not in your rooms for long periods of time. I have stayed at five star hotels and you can still pick fault with them!!!
We were happy with the room but would definately up grade to aircon if I stayed again. Also there was no fridge.

Rooms was cleaned daily, clean towles/beds made. We have breakfast everyday at the htoel and it was lush. Loads of choice.

Would recommend this to anyone, ignore the negative comments and go enjoy the island.
We booked prior to arriving through booking . com . There are definately worst places to stay

Room Tip: go for aircon
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cornishpastyTorpoint
Brantome, France
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Very nice looking place...large bedroom but very shabby bathroom. Holes in the wall by the taps, in need of painting a long time ago. Staff bored looking...could have given them a list of thinks they could have done. Ate first night at their restaurant and was very I'll during the night. Being sick in the bathroom was a nightmare as the smell from the drains was dangerous. I complained and was given a spray can. A security box was important as I had money,passports,and iPad to keep safe....no box in room but in an open hallway were lockers.
We paid 2400 tbt.

Room Tip: Room not a problem....you have to rely on other guests to respect people sleeping. On Phi Phi there...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank CarolBrantome_France
Donegal Town, Ireland
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I suppose you pay for what u get!after trailing phi phi for nice cheap accommodation u soon realise that there is no such thing!so we settled upon here!the good points that this hotel has to offer is a pool,breakfast and it's location so close to the beach!

We stayed in a fan bungalow for 1200 tbt The negative points were the sewage smell in the bathroom, the blood strained curtains, the door isn't very secure and the staff were not helpful friendly at all!!

• Stayed November 2011
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I have been travelling for 8 months now and let me tell you, this is the worst place I have stayed so far.

As soon as i got off the ferry at the pier, I was led to an accomodation services area. For the first time in my travels, I hadnt pre-booked anywhere since a few other friends had said its pretty cheap to book somewhere when you arrive. There's heaps of accomodation there.

Anyway after speaking to this accomodation lot, I went for a place called 'White Hotel' - Agreed on the price and everything. Paid for accomodation etc and they then took me to this crap hole instead!

I paid 600 bhat a night - SO overpriced! I was paying 400 baht a night in Phuket Town for a 5 star place including HOT showers and Aircon & FREE Safe in room.

The leaflets advertise the place being on the beach, and free safe in the room and also showers. It doesnt tell me for my room it was COLD showers - the water was SO bad it stunk of sewage and it was salty!! The room was SO stuffy - the fan was ok but the stench in the rooms is AWFUL.

The internet, it said free wifi but there is no free wifi -you have to pay 100 bhat for internet even though you can get free internet at most accomodation including bars and restaurants you eat in phi phi. Even then, when i asked for internet they told me some rubbishmexcuse about it not being available although it was showing on my laptop as a wifi spot.

To top it all off, chckout day arrived and asked for the transfer service - and they wanted to charge me 100 bhat for wheeling my bag down to the pier even though upon arrival i was told its free transfer service.

This place is a joke and its horrible! would NOT recommend. Normally I'm fair in giving review but these guys are clearly a scam.

The guys at the reception were horrendous - always watching tv and rude.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank silvertwister09
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We chose this place as the reviews were okay and it was in budget, and near to the pier. WHAT A BIG MISTAKE! When we arrived we were greated by a bunch of staff sat gossiping on a bench, the look we got when we checked in and the lady had to come and talk to us was unbelievable, anyone would have thought id walked in there front room and used thier toilet.

After being shown our room and bags thrown in it took a min for it to hit me, the room was aweful, cobwebs, mould and shoddy. No way was I staying there. I went back to reception to be greated by mrs miserable again and asked her to get someone to sort the room or move us. Her english had gone from okay to non existant in a matter of seconds. The maid came and said she couldnt clean the room as she didnt have time???!!! So i went back again, same woman, same attitude, this time i asked for the manager. We dont have a manager was the reply. Finally we agreed to let her show us another room with a view that if it was better to move. This room was marginally better but still dirty.
As there was no one further to complain to as they dont have a manager or anyone on hand we admitted defeat and unpacked. The shower was freezing cold salt water and the worst thing of all THE POOL WASNT OPEN!! That was the iceing on the cake.
Breakfast was bland and looked like it had been sat over night, there were around 8 staff all sitting down talking and smoking which is odd. Didnt eat at the hotel restraunt as it stunk all the time.
Wouldnt even bother looking here, plently more places for similar price or if you can pay a bit more for something better

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple