Phi Phi Relax Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Phuphaya Seaview Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
  • Beachfront
Phi Phi ViewPoint Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
  • Pool
Tohko Beach Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
  • Restaurant
Phitharom Phi Phi Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
  • Free Internet
Harmony House(Ko Phi Phi Don)
View Hotel
PP Charlie Beach Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
Phi Phi Top View Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
1,400 results
All reviewsno electricity during the daymosquito netcold waterhalf day tourcoral reefclamsmaya baytonsai pierhigh tideremote locationlong boatmain townfire showpeace and quietthai massageflip flopsgarden bungalow
Reviewed July 21, 2016 via mobile

Before I begin, I must say that I was completely put off by the negative reviews on here. So much so, that we very nearly rebooked elsewhere. However, we did go and we had a good time.

What I would say is that I think the resort is perfect for 1 or 2 nights tops. I really struggled with a few things: there were a fair amount of bugs that freaked me out, the mosquitos were bad, and the room was really really warm. Now I know this resort is beside a jungle etc but I'm not sure the prices are the best value. The bed is comfortable but the room is roasting. I was too scared to open the windows because of mossies and bugs so that probably didn't help. There are ants everywhere! The cold shower wasn't a problem at all but I preferred showering in the communal showers. That was decorated to a high standard and was absolutely spotless. Kudos to the cleaner.

The resort itself is small but I found the intimacy a positive thing. I met a few lovely people and I thought the food in the restaurant was very good. Decently priced too. The cocktails were lovely and I thought the staff were really polite and friendly. They gave me an extra fan when I was struggling with the heat and it really was service with a smile. I see that people have commented about the guy who works there being rude and I can see why they have said that - his manner is abrupt but that doesn't equate to rudeness.

What did annoy me a bit was that everything had threat of an extra charge: you want ice? Charge. You break your snorkel - charge. You soil your sheets - charge. You check out 1 minute late - charge. The boat to and from the hotel is also charged which I think should be included in room rate. Even for the initial pick up. The constant reminder that you may be charged for things made us feel a bit like we weren't on holiday. They should really tone all that down - I'm an adult who has basic respect for other people and their belongings as I'm sure most people to the resort are too.

The actual location is beautiful, and nothing like the main part of Koh Phi Phi which is refreshing for people who just want to swim in beautiful water and lounge on a gorgeous beach. We did the maya bay trip through the hotel which was good - the snorkelling was amazing. It was a good stay but as I was eaten alive by mosquitos and could barely cope without a/c, I don't think it's for me. We won't be back but would recommend the experience to others.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jem06
Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

Wish I could give minus stars..this place should pay you to stay here absolutely awful..arrived by taxi boat which costs 150 baht per person which they don't inform you of until you have arrived and if you miss this boat you have to pay between 800-1000 baht per person. You are very isolated here away from any other restiarants, bars, resorts or points of interest so have to go to this expensive and underwhelming bar! They also do not state that the electricity goes off between 8am and 5pm meaning that you are without a fan, sockets to charge devices in or use of any electrical item. They also should not specify that they have wifi because they certainly dont! The shower is also freezing and there are cockroaches in bathroom because of the holes in the wall! If you want to enjoy your stay in phi phi don't stay in this grotty place

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Katy K
Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

We arrived at phi phi resort two days later than our original booking, but not worried as I had emailed booking.com to which they had replied telling me they had contacted the resort and our date changes where fine. At reception the receptionist waisted no time telling us we had showed up late and our booking was void. I showed her the emails to which she tried to say wasn't confirmation? We had paid £130 for two nights beach front. Out of 'courtesy' she offered we could stay one night but would have to pay for the second.
We got shown to our hut, which wasn't beach front like we had booked. The hut was sweaty, smelly and dark. No electricity during the day which is awful in the dark huts. And only a fan to keep you cool at night.
The island is a 20 minute boat ride from the town forcing you to stay on the island and buy their food. Staff weren't helpful and the wifi was awful. The swing on the beach was probably the only nice thing on the resort. Place is a rip off and im surprised they don't charge for how many rolls of toilet roll you use while there. (which was probably the only free thing)

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
3  Thank Dervlamc
Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

Looks like paradise but only if you can handle being eaten alive by mosquitos every night while you sleep. In all fairness the reception manager did explain that the resort is part of a national park and in wet season the mosquitos are aggressive. However at 2300 baht per night (beachfront) it is not good value and somewhere I would choose to return to.
Positives: beach is quiet and pretty especially at sunset. Food at the restaurant is really yum and lovely atmosphere to sit at. All the staff are lovely and friendly (not sure why other reviewers have said they were rude??). The resort itself is quite nice.
Negatives: The bungalows :-( .... No power during the day means dark sweatbox. And in wet season they are infested with mosquitos and most guests while we were there (including us!!) were mauled by them during the night while we (tried to) sleep. My husband got hundreds of bites. No relaxing. I wanted to give a glowing review to this resort but the bungalows are just not worth the money they are charging for them, and we have stayed in plenty of basic Thai bungalows over the years. Would never stay here in wet season.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Louise G
Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

Amazing place, away from the centre of PhiPhi so a bit of a faff to get away, has to be on the boat, or a long walk through the rainforest (which is well worth doing, beautiful!) but perfect if you just want to get away, right on the most beautiful beach with beautiful snorkelling. The cocktails are also amazing!

Stayed: July 2016