PP Casita
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ao Nang Pearl(Ao Nang)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsbuilding roomair conswim up barsewage smellgreat poolferry pierrestaurants and shopsstayed here for nightsgreat resorthigh seasonbungalowislandbeachviewpointnightlifepartiesclimb
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Free WIFI but signal not too strong ( near reception better)

You will find cheaper ones, you will find nicer ones but my opinion was that after walking around Phi Phi island without a reservation PP casita seemed like the right quality/price thing to do.

Clean and practical.

As on the island there are no cars the hotel can provide you with staff from to help you with your luggage from/to the port.

The receptionists were nice, we got a room close to the beach which was practical BUT at night we could hear disco music from beach parties till 2-3 am, if I would go back I would not stay on the front lines.

The Air-conditioning in the room was leaking water and a guy came to fix it.

Most rooms are like little bungalows and it gives a nicer atmosphere than the usual hotel room, but people walking around can watch in, so a use of curtains is advised during your stay.

I really liked the the plants and flowers all over the way and around the bungalows, they looked home made and not industrial.

The pool was also nice, not too big and not too crowded.

At the reception there was a nice selection of free books.

In front of the hotel entrance (open space) you have plenty of massage centers, feet and neck massage really helped the sleeping time after a day at the beach.

Room Tip: In front beach rooms loud music from dance parties on the beach can be heard till like 2-3 am
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here for one night and moved for the remainder of my trip. It is like other reviewers say, the accommodations are dated and need a refresher. In the bungalow we stayed in the walls desperately needed a paint job, there was just drywall up so everything left marks. There is an odor of sewage around the property and the pool was bath water warm. For the cost I believe you could find a better place to stay. We preferred their sister Property P.P. Palm tree.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Guess_N
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Make sure you bring a print out of your reservation if you booked online. This is the first and only place in Thailand that required me to do so and I ended up having to spend 50 Baht at an internet cafe to do so.

We stayed in a private Bungalow and then in the "building".

The stay was just ok. The staff was nice but lacked communication. If there was a problem they would not understand when you would try to explain nicely what the situation was and just gave up trying to get the issue corrected.

I had told the front desk we did not know how long we would be staying but I would let them know a day ahead before we check out. I thought it was pretty clear that if they had not heard from me before sun down that we would be staying the night after that, apparently it wasn't. We woke up to go diving at 6am and were told we had to get out of our room before we left as it was booked for that night. All private bungalows were booked and we were forced to take a more expensive room in the building. Had they let me know the night before we would need to be out of our room I would have found another hotel to stay at as the building is more expensive. However our room should have never been double booked in the first place! And for that my review falls to a 3! I ended up having to move our room while my bf ran off to tell the dive center to wait 10 minutes for us. It was a huge inconvenience!

The rooms were decent in the Bungalows, but the washrooms are really showing wear. The tiles in the bathroom were eroding away and many of them were now missing their glaze and down to the brown clay. Some of the clay was molding. I am pretty sure our sheets were not changed/washed, there was blood on the sheet! YUCK! The air conditioner appeared to be on full blast cold no matter what we put our remote setting to. Being that the whole place was lovely and the staff very friendly I forgave most of it as its pretty much a standard Thai room.

The room in the "building" was a bit better kept and the washroom was in better shape. Our sheets seemed clean that time and I was a little more pleased. However it was closer to the beach and we could hear the pumping music all night long. So I don't believe the building was worth the 300 baht extra.

The plants all around the hotel are beautiful and well kept. All bowls of water are decorated with fresh flowers every day. The board walk is very charming. Watch out when it rains though, the board walk is covered in large snails and frogs which are hard to see in the dark. Not something you want to step on, I love all creatures so I feel pretty creeped out when I accidently step on one.

Also I noticed between 2 rows of the bungalows there is a cement section of open grey water. This seems to be pretty common in Thailand, but thought I would mention it.

There is a lovely pool and restaurant area. Breakfast came with the room and was buffet style, nothing to write home about, but still decent.

Overall the staff was friendly and helpful with the usual routine and provided bag transfers to and from the pier. However checking in took awhile due to a long line of others checking in. This is not the hotels fault, but after a long trek to get there and being sick, it might be nice if they had water to offer to those waiting in the lobby. It took 45 minutes from the time we entered to lobby to the time we were led to our room. If the staff and overall outside decor and pool were not so fantastic I would have given this review a 2 but these make some things forgivable and the value for money was on par for Phi Phi Don.

Room Tip: Stay closer to the reception to avoid beach party noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This resort was a breath of fresh air after experiencing a terrible time at Phi Phi Sea Sky Resort. We booked it last minute and were very happy with the outcome. Two bungalows for myself and three friends. It was a 5 minute walk from central town/nightclubs/bars etc. Great pool and complimentary breakfast. The rooms were a little smaller than expected but you get what you pay for. Great experience from staff and I was happy with how clean the rooms were, as well as the general look of the place. Very nice bungalows, gardens, atmosphere, etc. Will return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here, its ok its right in the village so its good for eating out and bars shopping etc. I chose this really because of the cost, the really nice hotels cost a fortune on Phi Phi. Rooms small but adequate, beds were rock hard as were the pillows. Breakfast was included but there were so many flies we didnt bother. The chorus from the hundreds of bull frogs is interesting and loud. Always had hot water, beds were changed daily and there were pool towels available. Pool was sparkling clean though there was never anyone serving at the pool bar. They meet you from the ferry and take your cases, and take them back to the ferry, the young guy who took ours back was amazing, he knew we were both ill (food poisoning from Hello India) and took our luggage aboard for us, I am eternally grateful to this man he never had to do it and was just so kind. Phi Phi is expensive and you wont get any better for the money that the Casita costs

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family