We stayed at Phi Phi the beach for 3 nights in Jan 2014. Overall, a very nice place to stay with courteous, responsive staff.
- excellent views as their bungalows are built into the hill
- good selection for breakfast. Be warned, selection doesn't vary greatly day by day.
- staff are always willing to drive you up since the stairs are quite steep and numerous to get back to your room
- Fresh fish grill, while significantly expensive, offers unbelievably fresh seafood. We had 2 tiger prawns, 1 blue crab and 1 red snapper and the bill was about $55. (Sold by weight)
- the resort offers a private trip to Maya bay, which is definitely worth it. Don't expect to do much snorkelling, just enjoy the beach.
- regardless of what you read, there is free wifi and it spans the whole area including rooms and beach very well.
- completely complimentary mini-bar that is restocked daily.
- the beach itself isn't much. There is about 30 - 40 feet of water before coral and rocks take over and you need water shoes. Bring water shoes!!
- air conditioning in our bungalow takes several hours to cool the place down.
- stairs are quite steep and not very well lit in the night
- safe in the room comes with no instructions. After 3 failed attempts, I called the front desk. They sent someone over within minutes.
Altogether, an excellent place to stay for a few nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phi Phi the Beach Resort is a peaceful hillside villas located at the most beautiful beach of Phi Phi Island with fantastic view of the ocean, white sandy beach and crystal clear water. You will enjoy holiday and have fun of snorkeling regularly see Black Tip Reef Shark, Dining in our Thai restaurant see sunset and have your fabulous moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Phi Phi The Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phi Phi The Beach Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Phi The Beach Hotel
- Hotel Phi The Beach
- Phi Phi Beach Resort