Lowest prices for your stay
$87
$86
Agoda.com
$65
Extra 3% off with AGOTA1222
Hotels.com$86
Priceline$76
Travelocity$86
All reviews nice pool fire show your luggage min walk beach front sea view quiet location tonsai pier sun loungers maya bay
Selected filters
Reviewed December 3, 2012

First of all if you are thinking of going to Phi Phi to visit a picturesque island do not go to Phi Phi. The island is a dump full of tacky restaurants and tourist shops. If you do decide to go to Phi Phi, this hotel is probably one of the better and cleaner ones.

However, it still isn't great. When arriving the hotel requests that you pay upfront. They accept cards and cash. Be warned that they charge 3% for using cards. After paying they then ask for a 1000bt cash deposit for the room key!

The rooms are reasonably big and spacious. The bathrooms are dark and basic with a simple electric shower. 3 times our shower broke and we had cold water.

Breakfast is simple - juice, melon,pineapple, cereal, toast. They do have pre-cooked fried and scrambled eggs and pancakes. There are a lot of cats around the hotel and restaurant.

The pool is big and there was always space to sit out. The pool towels seemed very greasy. Also they never cleaned up glasses and bottles around the pool or emptied the bin by the pool.

Wifi is not fast and only available around reception and the pool.

Be warned that there is a building site currently next to the hotel. It's not too noisy, however there was noise from trucks and the air smells of bonfire. Also there was a lot of building materials on the paths outside the hotel and on the way to the beach.

The gym was out of service whilst I was at the hotel.

Room tip: Rooms nearer the pool may have wifi
Date of stay: December 2012
2  Thank MR18127
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The location of the resort is quite good, it is at the end of the tourist road of Ko Phi Phi so there are less people around and the noise level is really low. The bungalow area is very well maintained - the bungalows itself are less. One of my bathroom lights was broken so it was quite hard too see anything. There were no tiles on the walls in the bathroom, only a concrete wall. It seemed a bit like showering at a construction site. Furthermore, there was a certain smell in the bathroom. The rest of the bungalow was alright, flatscreen TV with loads of channels, the beds were nice. It was a bit disappointing that there is no wifi in the rooms and the connection at the reception was really bad. Every backpackers for a few dollars a night has perfectly working wifi on the island; so for the price one pays at Phi Phi village resort this should be included too.
The hotels restaurant was good and clean, as most places on Phi Phi are.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 996michaelm
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I chose to stay here for the great location.
I toyed with the do we go to one of the newest 5 star places, but couldn't see the point.
I love island life, peace and tranquillity.
I'd stayed here before in 2006, after the Tsunami, but fell in love with it. It's 3 star, and doesn't pretend to be anything else.You get what you pay for.
Last time I stayed, we loved the the deluxe luxury bungalows, but you only have one bedroom, mostly. This time we needed 2 bedroom, so we were able to negotiate on the day our that they call, deluxe bungalow, but managed to get a small suite, for extra, but we were able to have 2 sleeping areas. Depends on who you go with, but if your happy to share the bedroom, and bed, the luxury deluxe bungalows are great, but will cost you more. Rooms were fine, little problem with the outside of the bungalow, with water seepage from pipe work, but a phone call to reception, and man was straight there to sweep it way!!
They had a new pool this time, a bit of an infinity type, it was heaven. Then there's the other bits I love this place for. It a few strides to the white sandy beach, not too many bungalows, beach empty, sea turquoise, even looks good in a storm, navy sky, and light blue sea, with white sand! This year they have made a few improvements, as I said, new pool, made the old bar into a new smarter restaurant, then the area under my favourite restaurant in the world, is now a bar, with the music and decks, (for Bob Marley and Karen Carpenter!!) and to watch the Fire Dancing at night at The Carpe Diem Bar. Above one of my favourite places in the whole world, the tree house, where you can sit on a mat, and eat drink, and take in thirstily the amazing views, sea, limestone cliffs jutting out of the sea, and the Ton Sai Bay. A little piece of Heaven. Quiet, great for chilling, but a short walk to the other side of the island, if you can be bothered!! No cars, only push bikes, stalls, other restaurants, and my favourite this time, where they sell the Thai pancakes! Recommend Ham and Cheese with Chilli Sauce, and Banana and Chocolate! Daily!!! About £1.50!! Boat trips- you get what you pay for, all similar price, they are all enjoyable. Whether you go early on your own, 1500 BHT for 3 hours, or 500 BHT for a group trip later in the day, all enjoyable. It's a truly special and beautiful place, but I am biased!!
Now want to go again...................one day.

Room tip: If your a couple, or sharing the bed, go for the the luxury deluxe bungalow. You have the veranda to sit on, and it's lovely. Think they do have beach front with more than 1 bedroom, but they get booked up v quickly. but beautiful option. You get what you pay for, breakfast is now served upstairs, above reception, used to be on the beach practically, but now they have made the new sea edge restaurant, you go upstairs. It's OK. Perfectly edible. However, if you want fresh, and you don't like getting up, breeze in at 9.45 am and ask for an omelet!! Done to order, in a couple of minutes. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for, and for me here, it's the location, and the quietness, not the masses. But, just walk a couple of minutes up the path, and there are loads of other places to eat.................
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Disgraceful customer service. The old woman behind the counter covered in make up is an absolute horror show. I called reception on the day of check out for some help with our bags and they said they would send someone. Noone showed up after half an hour so we went to reception and she witheld our key deposit as a late check out fee - about 30 USD - for something which was not our fault. There were never any towels for the pool, and the gym was out of use for the entire stay. DO NOT STAY HERE. There are far better places and in a better location. I never, ever give bad reviews but felt compelled in this case. I ll be putting this review on as many websites as I can. I would appreciate some feedback from the hotel on this issue, which I tried to get at the time but the manager wasn't available, he never was going to be if they can steal money from customers once your stay is over.

Room tip: Don't bother
1  Thank Ross H
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have to say after reading everyone's reviews on this place before I went, I thought it could have gone either way. As a seasoned traveller, on return, I can honestly say this was great value for money. People who talk about 'dated room decor', 'ugly bed linen' and 'staff not speaking english' probably shouldn't be on Phi Phi Island in the first place. For everywhere I have been in Asia especially, it is their nature and friendliness that shines and made my stay here very pleasant.

Phi Phi Villa Resort was ideally located for us far enough away from the main hub of activity but still walking distance. The restaurant was so delicious and breakfast had a better than I expected selection to choose from. The pool is great, just be early to get a day bed as it is popular :) The only problem we had was that our bathroom door didn't close properly but that is what I classify as 'character' and it just meant we need to call out 'doing a wee!' to our roomies so they knew not to come in.

If you remember you are in another country, on a secluded island where amenties the Americans and English come to expect as standard are few and far between, here's what to do: go book an expensive 5 star hotel with all your comforts from home with fluent english-speaking staff, don't wander too far away, and see what kind of cultural experiences and stories you unfortunately don't return home with.

Rant over.

Room tip: The hotel section up the back is the newer part, so for those fussy on 'dated' rooms (personally I call it 'character' and 'culture') you would be best to stay in this part. It is also the furthest away from the bar and main foot traffic so if you want peace and quiet this would be for you. Disclaimer: drunk Norwegian boys next door may appear, consider silence over at this stage but you've made some great friends :)
Date of stay: January 2012