“Disappointing”

Phi Phi ViewPoint Resort
Ranked #29 of 39 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and were very disappointed at the standard of the rooms. Firstly the location is up a steep hill so access is poor and highly dangerous at night due to the raggedy steps, a torch is a necessity! The staff were also very unhelpful and rude. We booked an excursion to Maya Bay through the hotel but were not told to bring money with us for the island tax, having been told we had paid for the whole trip at the hotel. The only saving grace of this hotel was the pool and the view.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Emma O

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I am a 25 year old female traveler and was really disappointed in my stay. It was 1900 baht per night, which is the highest I've paid so far, and there was no hot water, the aircon was broken (which did get fixed rather reluctantly later). There was no hose for the toilet (and you can't flush toilet paper). However, the staff were really friendly and they have a pool onsite. The more expensive bungalows looked really great, but if you are on a budget you can find MUCH nicer and cheaper places just down the road!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Katemiss
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We had booked here originally for the location - near to the town/beach/parties, but we found that this hotel far exceeded our expectations. The staff are very friendly, the free breakfast is pretty good, and the view is spectacular! I would certainly recommend this hotel as amazing value for the price!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 186338Jess
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this resort - the views are probably the best on the island, the swimming pool is lovely, staff very helpful, we stayed in a lovely bungalow on stilts, very clean. There is some noise at night, which is normal for Ko Phi Phi - would highly recommend this resort

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clare O
Reviewed November 26, 2013

prob the best view on the island of phi phi looks out to the bay an you never get tired of the infinity pool and it's view. Stayed in one of th e better bungalows managed to negotiate a decent price 88GBP a night for 1 best view twin bed bungalow Location is ideal but you can hear the music from the beach which goes on until 3/4am. The service is nice an rooms very decent but the price is mainly reflected by the view. Highly recommend this and prob one of the best places to stay in main part of phi phi

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ash f
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The view is fantastic, the swimmingpool is simple but very nice and location is nearby dancing bars, the beach and a few minutes walk to shopping area, restaurants etc (towards the pier). I booked a room 2500b a night, which was overpriced actually. The room was nice, lot of space, however the bed (very old matras) was horrible. I haven't complained about the bed after the first night though. But in the second night, the aircon was leaking..dripping on the bed. I was quite in a hurry the next morning and forgot to mention it. So, when I came back from my trip, they were surprised it was leaking. Which was funny because the maid should have seen it. The sheets were dirty and it was dripping all over the floor, so it was quite obvious. I got another room after request (standard) for one night. I insisted to get refund because this was a standard room and I payed for deluxe and they did after 20 minutes waiting. Because the aircon couldn't be fixed on time they gave me another deluxe seaview room (52). First they wanted to rip me off with the standard room. It has a better bed on the other hand, but the bathroom was terrible and leaking everywhere. So I refused to move into that room and got room 52. If you want to book a room, dont take room 58. When I checked out, I mentioned to replace the bed for the third time but they ignored it.
Service could be better and they need a good maintenance of the rooms but everything else is pretty good if you want to pay more

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel steels your money we booked here after getting our romm for 2500 baht wich is 3 times what its worth we went to leave they made us pay an extra 2000 baht for a bed sheet that had a little tattoo ink the size of my pinky nail from a fresh tattoo I got I told the lady it would wash out she said she would try she then walked around the corner turned came rate back and said see I try to wash it didn't come out the sheet wasn't even wet I told her I could wash it for her to do her a favor she then damanded money and said if I didn't pay she would phone police threatened my wife and my self these people at this resort or not nice people I highly recommend not ever staying here there is lots of other places to stay with very friendly people for half the price

• Stayed: November 2013