Paradise Resort Phi Phi
Phi Phi Banyan Villa(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$55
$159
$126
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Phi Phi The Beach Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$115
$86
  • Restaurant
P. P. Palm Tree Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$73
$63
$162
$143
  • Pool
Zeavola Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$290
$191
$49
$44
  • Free Internet
P.P. Erawan Palms Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$80
$67
  • Pool
Tohko Beach Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$49
$45
  • Restaurant
Phi Phi Hotel(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$42
$38
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewslong beachbeach frontbeautiful beachbeachfront villabaht per personstandard bungalowmassage arealong tail boatmain townboat taximaya baytakes minsair conmodern roomsoutdoor bathroomshark pointwhite sand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in March as part of a trip to Thailand.
Really liked the place overall including;
• Location- on long beach which is only 5- 10 mins away from Tonsai town by long tail but a million miles away in terms of seclusion. Long Beach is just right, with 4 or so low rise hotels it feels upscale compared to the busy Tonsai.
• We had a sea view room. After much deliberation as to whether to pay the added cost for a sea view room, was really pleased went for it. 5 or so out of the 8 beach front bungalows get a clear view, as did the one (bungalow 104) that we were in. It was worth it as you could sometimes just sit on the balcony with a picture view and have the convenience of not having to lock the bungalow up and trudge to the beach. It was nice to be in the air conditioned room sometimes but to always have that amazing view. So yes, it was worth it, the view of the white sand, turquoise sea, phi phi leh in the distance is just amazing.
• I score it a 4 and not 5 because its easy to get carried away with the amazing location- the beach, the turquoise sea etc, but if I were being really impartial, the bungalow was a little dated so if you didn’t have the location wouldn’t probably score it as high! There is a refurbished bungalow (their most expensive sea front one) so let’s hope over time they refurb all to that same modern high standard
• Ok, the restaurant shuts a 5pm, but at least it keeps the resort quiet and it’s only a 5 minute walk to other hotels which have an evening restaurant (Paradise Pearle)

The only areas for improvement could be to offer a pick up via the hotels own taxi when you arrive in Tonsai and then when it arrives at the hotel for their staff to help with bags up the beach. Maybe they offer this, but I didn’t see it on the website. On leaving it did seem to work better, but that’s probably because you are there on site and speak with reception direct.

Room Tip: One with sea views (we were in 104 and that was good). The best were 101- 104 and the premium refurbished bungalow (not sure of the number)
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The resort and location are without doubt incredibly beautiful; serene and picturesque. The rooms are generously sized, although a little too big for the very basic furniture in the rooms.
Long Beach is of course the little slice of paradise which has had the least development intrude onto the natural delights of Phi Phi. The short longboat journey from chaotic Ton Sai Bay transports you a million miles away in your comfort. Long Beach is amazing, within great snorkelling directly offshore, a number of great resort restaurants and a more sophisticated class of clientele.
So the up sides of staying on Long Beach can be experienced when staying at any of the neighbouring resorts.
The up sides of choosing Paradise Resort are; the slightly cheaper room rates, the quiet setting and the cleanliness of the resort.
The down sides of choosing Paradise Resort are; 60 mins wifi, which you have to request tokens for everyday, they then make you sign for them and treat you with great suspicion when you ask for them, reception for the wifi is poor and can only be achieved in the reception area, so no Skype possible in your room; breakfast is really poor quality, processed sausages and some rice, bread and a little fruit only, I had breakfast at The Beach Resort next door where the breakfast consisted of a mixture of western and Asian options, eggs cooked to request and lots of fruit and vegetables, a vast difference; Paradise Resort seems to prey on charging extras, such as internet, towels, soap, sun lounges, long boats and pretty much anything else which you need; on my last morning I went to have breakfast, pouring myself a coffee, when I was informed that I was not on the breakfast list that morning due to a booking issue, I didn't argue and said that I would just finish my coffee and leave, only to be told that I would need to pay 30 baht if I wanted to finish the coffee.

For all of the obvious quality and good maintenance and upkeep at the resort, it is the money grabbing and unreasonable extra costs which leave that sour taste that makes you realise you would not choose to stay here for your next Phi Phi visit.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Superb beach. V nice room. We were on the back row of rooms and one up from the cheapest.

There were small anoyances. Wifi in 30 min chunks and only while the office is open. I just want to check my emails sometimes and don't want to waste one of 2 half hour chunks.I also like to look at emails when people in uk are awake.

Also the restaurant should open past 5 even if just for drinks. Wine by glass would be good too.

A little pricy but worth it for the fantastic location. If they just made a few tweaks and thought about customer services this could easilly have been a 5 star review.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is the kind of review you write when you are upset because this is the place you pay the most for and it barely compares to the actual paradises you have just been to, where you only paid half the price!

We were really looking forward to our stay on Long Beach at Paradise Resort. I had spent countless hours on TA reading previous reviews, wanting to make our trip to Thailand perfect. However, this was not that case and Paradise Resort was actually the only negative thing on our entire trip.

To begin with, I had contacted the resort asking if they provided transportation from the pier, which they said they did. So I let them know the arrival of our boat and they told me that someone would be there at 2 pm to pick us up. We arrived and there was no one waiting from Paradise Resort, so we just hung out for a while, figuring someone would show up. 3 pm rolls around and still no one-so we decided to call (which maybe was silly on our part since that cost us probably 2x the amount it would've to just take a longtail taxi boat) anyways they told us someone would be there in 5 min. (The trip to Long Beach takes roughly 10min) so it seems as though they had forgotten about us, even though I wrote to them the day before and the morning of.

After we finally arrived we were shown our room, which was nice, but unnecessarily large. It was just a large room with a bed and two chairs and a mirror and it took quite a while for the AC to cool the room down since there was so much unnecessary space. It wasn't a very cozy feeling. What I found to be very bizarre was the towel and soap situation. We only received two shower towels. There was no hand soap or hand towel. When I asked reception if we could have some soap, they said that we could purchase some for 50 baht. When you are paying over 3,000 baht a night, I do not expect to have to pay for soap OR have to put a deposit down for extra towels.

Also the bed is EXTREMELY hard. I personally like a firm mattress, but this was way too hard. I was unable to sleep on my sides because the bed was so hard.

The reception was not very friendly and always seemed to "conveniently misunderstand". I found it very distasteful that every time I entered reception they were constantly counting money and could care less if you were there. I asked about "Lets Sea Restaurant" which I read about on TA and they had no idea what I was talking about, when it was less then 300m away!

When you are paying this type of money, you except a little more, which we did not receive. It felt as though they were more concerned about making money rather than pleasing their guests. They charge for WiFi, which is unheard of nowadays. Every ROOM gets 1 hour of free wifi a day and it only works between a certain time of day and you have to be in reception.

What really disappointed me was when we had to depart. I asked the reception if they offered free transport back into town, and one guy said they did. But the next day another guy told us we had to pay 100 baht each. ALL of the other resorts on Long Beach offer free longtail boats throughout the day going to Tonsai Bay. Once again, all about the money.

As for Long Beach, its a pretty beach, but it is crowded. Reminds me of Mykonos. This is an island that has become popular so there are many tourists, do not expect to be alone. Long Beach is one of the nicer beaches on the island, but after coming from Koh Lanta where you were one of five on a beach, this isn't what I expect paradise to be.

I wouldn't recommend Paradise Resort to someone looking for a relaxing beach vacation. (Paradise Resort is also the only resort that does not offer free beach chairs). There are so many other locations with better prices and helpful staff.

It is a nice location with clean and modern rooms, but I would save your money and stay elsewhere if you are truly looking for paradise.

6  Thank Caralina F
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was a bit scared of Phi Phi : too many persons, too tourists, too much noise... I took the boat Phi Phi pier and thanks to friends recommendation went to Paradise resort. For that you need to take a longtail from main Pier (100 THB per person). Few minutes later I arrived on beautiful beach facing Phi Phi Ley. The resort is situated on the beach. Rooms are a very good value for money. They are quite simple and a bit old maybe, but who cares, the time is spent on water and on the beach. The restaurant (open in the morning and for lunch only) is ok (standard restaurant) for a cheap price. You can do massage just in front of the resort. I was there in March and there were not so many people on the beach. It was a very good time there! I will go back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo