“Not Impressed.”

Paradise Resort Phi Phi
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is the kind of review you write when you are upset because this is the place you pay the most for and it barely compares to the actual paradises you have just been to, where you only paid half the price!

We were really looking forward to our stay on Long Beach at Paradise Resort. I had spent countless hours on TA reading previous reviews, wanting to make our trip to Thailand perfect. However, this was not that case and Paradise Resort was actually the only negative thing on our entire trip.

To begin with, I had contacted the resort asking if they provided transportation from the pier, which they said they did. So I let them know the arrival of our boat and they told me that someone would be there at 2 pm to pick us up. We arrived and there was no one waiting from Paradise Resort, so we just hung out for a while, figuring someone would show up. 3 pm rolls around and still no one-so we decided to call (which maybe was silly on our part since that cost us probably 2x the amount it would've to just take a longtail taxi boat) anyways they told us someone would be there in 5 min. (The trip to Long Beach takes roughly 10min) so it seems as though they had forgotten about us, even though I wrote to them the day before and the morning of.

After we finally arrived we were shown our room, which was nice, but unnecessarily large. It was just a large room with a bed and two chairs and a mirror and it took quite a while for the AC to cool the room down since there was so much unnecessary space. It wasn't a very cozy feeling. What I found to be very bizarre was the towel and soap situation. We only received two shower towels. There was no hand soap or hand towel. When I asked reception if we could have some soap, they said that we could purchase some for 50 baht. When you are paying over 3,000 baht a night, I do not expect to have to pay for soap OR have to put a deposit down for extra towels.

Also the bed is EXTREMELY hard. I personally like a firm mattress, but this was way too hard. I was unable to sleep on my sides because the bed was so hard.

The reception was not very friendly and always seemed to "conveniently misunderstand". I found it very distasteful that every time I entered reception they were constantly counting money and could care less if you were there. I asked about "Lets Sea Restaurant" which I read about on TA and they had no idea what I was talking about, when it was less then 300m away!

When you are paying this type of money, you except a little more, which we did not receive. It felt as though they were more concerned about making money rather than pleasing their guests. They charge for WiFi, which is unheard of nowadays. Every ROOM gets 1 hour of free wifi a day and it only works between a certain time of day and you have to be in reception.

What really disappointed me was when we had to depart. I asked the reception if they offered free transport back into town, and one guy said they did. But the next day another guy told us we had to pay 100 baht each. ALL of the other resorts on Long Beach offer free longtail boats throughout the day going to Tonsai Bay. Once again, all about the money.

As for Long Beach, its a pretty beach, but it is crowded. Reminds me of Mykonos. This is an island that has become popular so there are many tourists, do not expect to be alone. Long Beach is one of the nicer beaches on the island, but after coming from Koh Lanta where you were one of five on a beach, this isn't what I expect paradise to be.

I wouldn't recommend Paradise Resort to someone looking for a relaxing beach vacation. (Paradise Resort is also the only resort that does not offer free beach chairs). There are so many other locations with better prices and helpful staff.

It is a nice location with clean and modern rooms, but I would save your money and stay elsewhere if you are truly looking for paradise.

6  Thank Caralina F

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was a bit scared of Phi Phi : too many persons, too tourists, too much noise... I took the boat Phi Phi pier and thanks to friends recommendation went to Paradise resort. For that you need to take a longtail from main Pier (100 THB per person). Few minutes later I arrived on beautiful beach facing Phi Phi Ley. The resort is situated on the beach. Rooms are a very good value for money. They are quite simple and a bit old maybe, but who cares, the time is spent on water and on the beach. The restaurant (open in the morning and for lunch only) is ok (standard restaurant) for a cheap price. You can do massage just in front of the resort. I was there in March and there were not so many people on the beach. It was a very good time there! I will go back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The resort is located on a beach called 'Long Beach'. It's about 2 kilometers from Ton Sai bay - just at the sweet spot where you dont have to pay an exhorbitant amount to taxi-boatmen to ferry you to and from the resort every time (100 Baht per person per way). Also, if you wish to walk to town, that's very much doable too (though the way is more of a trek than a walk - but it's fun!)

Point being - it's not too close to be bustly nor too far to be very inaccessible from Ton Sai - it's just right.

Long beach is - well - a very long beach! It has some 4-5 resorts lined along the shore, Paradise Resort being one of them.

The resort has a large (about 100 m - 200 m) beach facing it, in which you can do all sorts of water sports like swimming, Kayaking etc. The resort has an attached dive shop where you can get snorkels and life jackets for rent.

The beautiful beach facing restaurant where I had breakfasts staring out at the blue Andaman Sea in front of me, is not something which I'll forget quickly.

The staff is very friendly and do their best to make your stay comfortable and provide for all your needs.

I found a couple of areas where I'd like improvement:
1) The room itself was very basic and had almost nothing apart from a bed, a safe, most essential furniture and a TV. But at 2500 Baht per person I dont think I should be complaining. The other higher-category rooms apparently are a lot more beautiful than mine. I'd have loved to have a telephone in the room though.

2) The breakfast buffet could have had a bit more variety.

But these are minor blemishes on an otherwise flawless resort experience - Go for it, you wont regret it.

1  Thank Tanmay_Joshi
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel is just lovely! On the nice side of Koh Phi Phi called Long Beach you arrive after seeing the madness of the main Koh Phi Phi harbour to a little piece of heaven.Gorgeous beach, crystal clear water and quiet!

Can't say enough about the hotel and its location. The staff were very nice, the rooms were lovely and the breakfast and lunch just delicious. The Banana pancakes were to die for!

The beach is lovely for just relaxing but you can also arrange tours through the hotel. You can walk to the main area of Koh Phi Phi in about 15 mins but wouldn't do that if you were going out for a nice meal...just get the boat taxi and you'll be there quickly and not sweating!

We ate dinner at the Paradise pearl hotel just a few mins walk away, again food was great.

Would stay here again in a flash!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

we stayed here for 2 days in March, the place is just beautiful.its on long beach which is away from the crowd of phi phi don.the beauty of the views from long beach is breathtaking.you can snorkel and we could hire the masks for 50thb/person from resort.the resort itself is well maintained the checkin was a breeze, they even sent us a long tail boat on request to pick us up from phi phi don.we stayed in a superior not beach front room, it dint make much diffrence as we were 3 rows away from the beach.the room was a newly constructed one and was spaciuos neat , had vault, bathroom was also spacious and good.room was serviced everyday.Ekka chai at the reception was a humble smiling guy who helped us with all the requests and querys, we got good massages by the beach which belongs to the resort.the breakfast was great they had a vast variety of international and local food.they also serve lunch , for dinner you need to go to the neighbouring resort pearl paradise, which has good food as well at reasonable prices.if you want to be away from the night clubs and the sounds of phi-phi this is the place to be.
I am just waiting to come back here again.....:)thanks you guys were great!!hope i get a beach front room next time.!!
Olivia

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I are in our late 20s and early 30s and wanted to experience koh phi phi but not in the drunken teenage way, so we looked at all other locations on Koh Phi Phi besides the main town, Ton Sai. We chose long beach because of the gorgeous beach, quiet nights, opportunity for excellent snorkeling right off the beach, and close proximity to Ton Sai (the crazy loud clubby port city koh phi phi is notorious for) so that we could easily get to our hotel after taking the ferry in and in case we wanted to do any of the activities only available in Ton Sai. We stayed here 3 nights and after visiting Bangkok and railay beach, koh phi phi was the highlight of our trip.

The location of this hotel is on Long Beach, a 30 min walk or 100 baht per person boat ride away from the port town of Ton Sai. You cannot hear the bump of clubs from here and there are no clubs on long beach. Just a handful (maybe 5) hotels with hotel restaurants. The beach looks out on koh phi phi le and an excellent snorkel spot with sharks, clown fish, anenomes, and starfish is an easy 200m swim from the beach. This hotel is the cheapest of all the hotels on long beach (big plus) without sacrificing quality. While other more expensive hotels like The Beach are wonderful, at this hotel bungalows farthest from the beach are literally three rows back. At places like The Beach you have to walk up the hill to get back to your bungalow. Bungalows were large, air con nice and cold and not too loud, had fridge and safe deposit box. Beds are large (king) hard but comfortable. Showers large and clean with free shampoo and body soap only.

The breakfast at this hotel is included and is excellent: juices, granola, fried eggs, Thai curry, pancakes, fresh fruit, coffee and tea. Tables are all beach front with sand for the floor, amazing! Also included is one hour of Internet wireless a day but they don't tell you, you have to ask. There are 2 dive shops on long beach but we dove with the aquanauts in Ton Sai. We walked daily there and back and it took 30 min each way, not bad. This hotel has no beach chairs, all others do. Bungalows that are beachfront mostly are looking at the ocean through a tangle of trees and people getting massages (awkward) so not worth the splurge at this place. The hotel staff were friendly and are helpful in planning lots of tours, prices seem good. Our best dinner in long beach was at the phi phi hill resort, excellent and cheap with the best sunset view, though quite a climb. We were glad we stayed on the beach and not up there.

Room Tip: Beachfront not worth it. The furthest you are from the ocean is 3 rows back, choose the cheapest roo...