“Wow. Shocked by service!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Phi Phi Banyan Villa
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
New York City, New York
“Wow. Shocked by service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Room was actually good except there was sand in my sheets and i had just arrived so it wasn't from me

I told them the next morning about the sand and she was so offended and told me if I wanted to leave I should do it. She insisted the room had been clean and I just said " ok but there's sand so I want new sheets". She said I don't care if you leave I have other people here I don't need you and then said shed put my luggage out! It was the full moon maybe?? I don't know but it was so bad i asked to speak to the manager and she said she was the manager and refused to find me anyone further.

Just so bad and is the opposite of customer service - rude!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank hirscan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel basic but provided everything my daughter and I needed. Good choice of breakfast with lovely beachside location. Fab gym facilities, sauna and free wi fi in welcome air conditioned centre. Plenty of eating options and bars not far but not too close to be noisy. Swimming pool got a bit dirtier second week and limited seating around poolside but that's the only critiscm.

Room Tip: We stayed top near far end which suited us.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sallyaustin58
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

My sister and I were on a long holiday in Thailand May this year (2012). We travelled around quite a few places in Thailand, but Phi Phi was the only place we struggled to book accommodation online as we couldn't find a hotel on the island that had good reviews. We read quite a few bad reviews about Banyan Villa but we were so glad that we didn't let them put us off. For us the hotel was in a great location, we were close to the nightlife in the evenings, close to the pier so we did not have far to walk with our backpacks when we arrived and we was also within walking distance to long beach, which is well worth a visit, so much nicer than Loh Dalam beach. It did take a good 30 minutes to walk to long beach and it is only something that can be done in the daytime, but it is well worth it. As for the hotel, in addition to the great location, it was clean and secure, we had a comfortable stay, the decoration in the room we stayed in seemed a bit dated, but it was all clean and that was the main thing for us. We were able to access wi fi in the gym during opening hours. Even though this hotel is in a busy area, we had no trouble sleeping and didn't find it noisy at all. We only stayed on Phi Phi a couple of nights, but if I decide to go back I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again. When we left the weather was very bad, a lot of rain, but the staff on reception and the concierge were very helpful, they gave us umbrellas, covered our backpacks up and carried them to the pier for us to catch the boat back to Ao Nang. Couldn't fault how helpful the staff were.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank TMR86
Tel Aviv
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel is located near the peer, we stayed at the Garden wing. This is our second stay in the hotel, the first time was 2 years ago.
We have to say that time didn’t do well to this hotel.
Our room wasn't so clean when we entered: there was dust on the shelves, the mirror and glass doors where stained, old shampoo bottle in the shower probably remained from the last guests. We notified the front desk and they sent someone to clean it.
The room looked like it needed some renovation (repainting and renew the wood).
We also found a cockroach running around the shower…
The shower was very basic in compare to the other hotels we stayed at in Thailand.
The fitness center however is very spacious and the best we have been in during our stay in Thailand.
The pool wasn't clean and didn't look inviting.

We had a discount on the regular price which was less than the web lowest price so if we had payed more we probably gave it a lower grade.

To conclude - just OK.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Långås, Hallands Län, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Excellent hotel, good rooms and near to everything! Very good breakfast with amazing view right on the beach. Garden around the hotel and nice with beach shoes to the guests. Nice with water kettle so you easily can make your own tea or coffee´. The only bad thing was that we´d lots of small, very small ants(?) running around in our room especially if we left some fruits for a moment.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Marie J
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

dearest travellers,
i go to thailand at least 3 times a year and so far this hotel is the worst hotel I've ever been to.
here goes my story...
i flew in from bangkok to krabi expecting to catch a 1.30pm boat ride. once we landed, we went to the TOURIST INFORMATION counter to find out about the ferry to phi phi island. the guide told us that we r good to go on the 1.30pm ferry. everybody got excited and bought bus tickets to the pier. sadly the bus doesnt stop at the pier, it stopped at a tour company/restaurant. we got there n the guide there said there has been no ferry heading to phiphi for 3 days now and the next one that you can wait for is 3pm if the waves settles down. at the mean time he was offering hotels in krabi and told us that he can cancel our hotel in phi phi n just stay in krabi. makes me wonder why the tour info lady at the airport told us that we r good to go when they should know there has been no ferry. if i were u guys and have more that 5 pax with u, just hire a taxi. its not that far from the krabi airport. we walked to the next restaurant and manage to get ferry tickets instantly for 350 baht per pax for the 3pm ferry ride to phi phi. we got to phi phi island and was greeted by the banyan villa guy and walked us to the hotel. he didnt even bring a trolley, didnt even helped us carry our bags as most of the other hotel would bring their trolleys. we got to the hotel and finally the drama started, she (POOH) looked at me and said " PASSPORT PLEASE" 2 seconds later "SORRY MISS YOUR BOOKING HAS BEEN CANCELLED BY AGODA! WE HAVE RELEASED ALL 3 ROOMS" i was shocked and called AGODA right away...agoda confirmed that the hotel rooms are confirmed and there was no problem with the booking and try to speak to the front desk. she just said "RESERVATION CLOSE TRY AND CALL BACK TOMORROW BUT RESERVATION IS CANCELLED" and passed me back my phone. and then she said "YOUR BOOKING IS CANCELLED IF YOU WANT YOU CAN PAY CASH FOR WALK IN RATES" i was soooo shocked and try to settle the problem but all she does is being rude and giggles. she even said "WE DONT WANT YOU TO STAY, YOU CAN GO DIFFERENT HOTEL THANK YOU! omg! this front desk is your worst nightmare.i called agoda and they called bangkok to settle this straight with the hotel and suddenly the hotel phone rings and she picks up. start speaking in thai and after she shut the phone she said "EVERYBODY PASSPORT" thats all! she issued us the room keys with breakfast vouchers and didnt apologize. so i told her that thai people is usually very nice and you as a hotel staff shoud say sorry for what you have done. she looked at me and said "I DONT KNOW YOU WHY SHOULD I SAY SORRY, I DONT KNOW WHERE U COME FROM AND I DONT CARE IF YOU WANT YOU CAN GO TO DIFFERENT HOTELS" she was so rude! my husband always blew it cos he was so pissed. after we got the key we went online and saw all the bad review on this hotel and we just got goosebumps cos it scary to read other reviews and facing the same thing.
this hotel is not worth it, the breakfast is really bad! the egg station lady is always gone on a break and some guests was frying their own eggs/omelettes! all the staff hates us cos they know about the check-in incident. worst food on the beach and worst customer service in my entire travelling life!
the rooms are rundown and the pool has never been cleaned. far from other places and the beach is useless there. you have to walk to the view point beach and its much nicer.

Room Tip: please dont bother. theres bugs and the bed is hard, pillows is hard, shower doesnt drain for 1 hr.a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank greenc0at

Travelers are raving about these Ko Phi Phi Don hotels

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in July. The rooms could have been a bit more up-to-date but overall they were pretty clean and the air conditioning worked well. We would stay here again if we go back to Phi Phi.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple