“Romantic Loh Dalum Bay”

Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
phuket
“Romantic Loh Dalum Bay”
Reviewed April 17, 2010

Best place to stay in PHI PHI island face to the most beautiful romantic bay. Really surprise by personel attention and food which was not the case while our last journey a couple years ago.
Sincerely ,great
Only bemol NO INTERNET ACCESS but not sure available in heaven.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed March 29, 2010

This hotel is in a superb location,just two minutes from the Pier and its spreading in both sides of Ton Sai Village,The entrance of the hotel is from Ao Ton sai and the poolview and the beach is in Ao Lo Dalam.The view is great. Hotel is next to Ton Sai village with easy access to restaurants.
Breakfast is average,rooms are spacious with nice balconies. Accomodation in Phi Phi is expensive but you are in a paradise and this hotel is great.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dimitris78
Australia
Reviewed February 9, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed in this hotel which was one of the best on the Island at the time. We must have stayed off peak because it was only $100 AUD ($90 USD) at the time.

We were awoken about 3am one morning to some 'rustling' sounds. We turned on the light to see a huge filthy rat scurry across the room! We also noted some 'chew' marks on a packet of cashews we bought. I was a little shook up but my poor girlfriend was terrified. I'm actually getting creeped out just writing this report thinking about it again.

The hotel security staff came and were helpful, but it couldn't be found. It appears it came up via some openings in the bathroom. Note - we were on the 2nd or 3rd floor as well, not ground!

No apologies or offer of compensation from management. In fact they kinda looked at us unfavourably as we talked about the incident in front of other customers who were checking in.

Amazing pool, amazing views, amazing location but hell... a RAT!!?? Looks like we weren't the only one either.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank domcc1

Travelers are raving about these Ko Phi Phi Don hotels

london
Reviewed January 31, 2010

The view from our 2nd floor room was amazing! which is the big plus of this place. Breakfast was including, but after the 1st one went outside for all meals. Not up to scratch really. More like 2 star hotel. Staff were not exactly friendly, they were also not rude. Just average. Hated the carpets inside the room...didn't feel really clean. Good location. paid 4100bht a night. If you go look for the esantheyroy thai restaurant (mainly thais eat there but it has the best food we have ever tasted in Thailand)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I don´t know if there are nice hotels at Phi Phi Island itself. First of all, I´d like to let you all know that Phi Phi island Cabana Hotel does NOT look like the pictures at their website and brochure at all. I think that those pictures have been taken 50 years ago, at the very least. The hotel is a huge, neglected building. It has several buildings with lots of rooms (no amenities), some of those rooms have a nice view to the one huge and old swimming pool of the hotel , and to the very nice beach. Other rooms have a view to a plastic rooftop or to an old and neglected "garden". I requested a view to the pool but I could n´t get it. The rooms are worn and depressing. The hotel decor is just kitsch. The breakfast buffet.... what can I say...I did n´ t dare to eat that breakfast, since I had the chance to take a peek at the kitchen and it was simply disgusting and dirty. Even the coffee was just awful. The staff is truly incompetent, they hardly speak or understand english. I called my agent and demand her to get me another room some place else (which took her three days!), but everything was booked, so I returned to Phuket. If you are planning to go to Phi Phi Island for your honeymoon, then I would advise you the following: stay at the Phi Phi island Village Hotel. if you can´t (we tried but everything was booked), then just stay in a resort at Phuket, like Katatani, and take a boat to Phi Phi for one day or two at the most. Phi Phi is mostly a backpacker´s town, it is nice, but after one day or two it gets boring, specially for honeymooners. It is very crowded. The beach at Phi Phi itself is really dirty and noisy. But the islands nearby are just lovely and quiet. You can rent a boat in Phi Phi and it will take you to the other islands, which are really beautiful, and you can do some snorkeling as well. They take you to visit "monkey bay" and you can watch the monkeys there. On the other hand, if you visit Phi Phi Island with friends and you like to party, perhaps Phi Phi is more suitable for you. There are plenty of pubs and discos, and young, single people in their twenties. You can look forward to meet new friends there.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ItisBuenosAires
Shanghai
Reviewed January 27, 2010

Have to start with the view. Magnificent. Overlooking the ocean. Pool was also fantastic. And resort only a few steps from beach. The room itself was a bit shabby, but serviceable. No tub, just shower-and very small bathroom. Beds hard and cheap. Now the bad-no internet AT ALL. Not even for pay. Staff was well meaning, but completely incompetent.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Eire
Reviewed January 26, 2010

Were woken up at 3.30am by nosies in the room, actually thought there was someone in our room. Switched on the light to see a large RAT run up beside the TV, he then dissappeared behind the TV and i could still see his long tail heading in after him. He came out the other side and ran across our open suitcases and dissappeared behind the curtains. We rang reception immediately and they said they would send housekeeping, a few minutes later two men armed with a pole to tackle the RAT arrived at our room. We then waited in the filthy corridor for 10-15 mins while they hunted for the RAT. At this staged my husband asked for a manager, a few minutes later a man showed up, my husband asked if he knew what was going on and he said we'd seen a MOUSE in the room. I don't know what kind of mouse is 9-10 inches long with a tail equally as long, that is big enough and noisey enough to wake you in the middle of the night!!!! We asked if this had happened before and he answered " NOT IN THAT ROOM". He did not seem remotely surprised, we had actually heard scratching nosies in the wood panelling behind the bed since we arrived but did not take too much notice, this was our second night in the room so we had been sharing the room we the RAT since we arrived. I asked how do they get in as we did not leave the patio door open and he said they come through the ducting for the Air-Con. We then had to pack up our belongings at 4.30am and move to another room. We did not sleep for the rest of the night and got up early to get the ferry at 9am. On departure we would have expected a manager or member of staff to speak to us about what had happened but of course no sign of anyone, no apology. We asked to speak to the manager and expected our money to be refunded under the circumstances. A member of staff rang somebody and handed me the phone, I explained the situation to him and he told me to send him an e-mail when I got home and he would investigate it, he then also said it was a mouse and refused to do anything further. It was only when I suggested that I tell everyone in reception what had happened that he decided to make the effort to come down and speak with us face to face. What a coward, he was in the Hotel all the time!! He then came down never introduced hinself and ushered us off to a quiet corner out of the way. I'm not surprised at the bad reviews the hotel gets with this idiot as manager. He refused point blank to listen to anything we had to say and kept saying it was a mouse, I don't recall seeing him at 3.30am when the RAT was running around so how could he claim this?? This is obviously the Hotel line used when a guest mentions seeing a RAT!!! We couldn't believe the blatant disregard for pest control and the safety of their guests, what if we had had a child in room?? I have written to the Tourism Authority Of Thailand, we have been to Thailand many times and have always had very good experiences, hotel's like this give the country a very bad name, unfairly. This was our one and only bad experience out of many excellent experiences. To date we have had zero contact from the hotel neither an apology or a refund of any decription. I hope this will save someone else from having the same shocking experience as we had.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple