“Loove phi phi”

Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Loove phi phi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is my second time at phi phi island cabana hotel. I stayed here 5 or so years ago, not long after the tsunami and I would have to say they have made some positive changes. Firstly though i have to mention that a lot of the hotels on phi phi are older in style. They do not look like the hotels in phuket or koh samui so dont expect Ultra modern. The reason people go to Phi Phi is because of the amazing view you wake up to every morning, and boy does this hotel offer amazing views. Its in a great location, walking distance to the ferry on one side and walking distance to the beautiful beach on the other side of the resort. Plus it's also really close to the cute little town. The hotel rooms have great air con and are spacious. The bathrooms are a little dated and my shower door was broken. The staff were all really attentive and friendly and the breakfast buffet has definitely improved since I came here 5yrs ago. I definitely recommend this hotel for its location, amazing views, LARGE pool and lovely staff

Room Tip: Pick a room on the third floor for a nice view. But beware, there are no elevators so you have to ca...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for the 3rd time - However I must add there has been no effort to upgrade or fix anything we commented on 5 years ago. It's a grand, tired old lady ! Loads of unused wasted space. Our bathroom roof was leaking from the aircon upstairs so we had a wet toilet and wet toilet paper everyday. We avoided the breakfasts and headed into town :-) The beds are comfortable enough. The aircon's worked on full or nothing. The front desk staff don't try or care. So, why did we stay there again knowing all this ? It's conveniently placed and on the quieter side of town. The swimming pool is great and anyone going to Phi Phi knows you are going there to chill, take in the night life and chill. If you are expecting a 5 star hotel with great service - rather head off somewhere else. But if you want to chill and take in the night life GO to Phi Phi - it's really worth it.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in July. I had been recommended this hotel by a friend who had stayed so wasn't concerned about some of the scathing reviews on TripAdvisor. I had stayed on Phi Phi Island before so knew not to expect the modern, sophisticated style resorts you see in Phuket and Koh Samui.
This hotel is not new and does need some work done on the facilities and amenities within the room. In saying that, it is a traditional Thai style hotel, with traditional decor and furnishings, so if you are looking for something ultra modern, then perhaps this is not the hotel for you.
I stayed in a room on the third floor which had fantastic views of the beach and the pool area. I would recommend requesting a room on the second or third floor with ocean views.
The resort is only a short walk from the pier (approx 2-3 mins), and a baggage attendant always assists you with luggage.
This hotel has a large pool and sun bathing area, with an adjoining restaurant and bar, so there is poolside service.
The service was great, staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. There is wifi available but a charge is involved (keep in mind that wifi is not very readily available on Phi Phi Island). Towels are also provided free of charge on a daily basis by staff.
The breakfast buffet was good, the food catered to a variety of tastes and cuisines.
The room was quite spacious. The lighting did need some improvement and the shower door did need to be repaired, however they are my only complaints.
Otherwise it was a great stay, one which I wanted to extend. I would certainly return to this resort again.

Room Tip: ask for an ocean view room, preferably on the second or third floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JessyGee
New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I found this hotel a bit odd. Huge yet a lot of unused space. No elevators so if you have heavy bags, good luck going up the stairs if your room is on the 3rd floor like ours was. The rooms were spacious enough but dated. The beds were hard and the pillows lumpy. Our room had a balcony so it made up for other things. We chose the pool view room since we had a look at the pool area before we booked. The pool is very nice, HUGE and overlooking the ocean. Breakfast buffet very nice too.
Staff very pleasant for the most part.

Room Tip: choose the pool view
1 Thank SavvyTravelNZ
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Cabana Hotel appeared to be quite better than i expected (after reading some previous reviews here), i was feeling very apprehensive on my way there... Although we had some minor problems with shower and water on arrival, it was fixed quickly by the staff. Overall it was very pleasant stay (6 days), the staff of the hotel were very helpful and friendly at all times. On our last day our checking out time was extended (as per our request) for 2 hours (our ferry back to Phuket was at 14:30, check out time is 11:00), which was very convenient for us.
The hotel is a bit old but very nice. Breakfast was always very nice too. When we are on Phi Phi Don next time - definitely will stay at Cabana again.

Room Tip: The corner suite's balcony have no privacy as you can see directly into the next room's balc...
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

It's excellent . Female employee is very friendly.

Service of this hotel is very well. They make tourist happy all time when we stay in this hotel.

Food in hotel is delicious.The restaurant is look like luxurious. Atmosphere is here feel romance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

After roughing it my first week in Thailand with a backpacker friend, I wanted to step-up the experience when I arrived at beautiful Koh Phi Phi.

I separated from my friend, marking my first time traveling solo. I didn't make any lodging plans ahead of time, as I wanted to find something that felt right. As I was walking from the port, I passed by and looked at many hotels before checking in here.

The staff was willing to negotiate on price, which was great as I ended up saving $15 USD a night. I got a suite on the 4th floor, a walk-up (which was fine by me), with incredible views of the beachfront pool and surrounding limestone cliffs.

The room was clean and spacious. Everything worked. The balcony was my favorite part, great for taking in sunsets. I also met a lot of other travelers here, the business center was great for that.

The breakfast brunch was hearty and full of fresh local fruits and dishes.

For the price per night, location and stunning pool, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo