“pretty!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$132.76*
and up
Phi Phi Deluxe Island-Hopping Tour by Speedboat...
Reviewed January 19, 2013

ko phi phi le is pretty! you'll definitely see it from your long tail boat ride and like all the islands its pretty and not to be missed!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,091)
All reviews
"private boat"
in 14 reviews
"white sand"

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Phi Phi is surrounded by islands which are fantastic snorkeling and scuba locations. The sea life are in all colors of the rainbow in larg numbers. The coral formations are fascinating so i would recommend you carry an underwater camera. You wont regret it.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Definitely ask to go to Maya Bay BEFORE 9am. All the speed boats and tourists turn up around 10am, ask your tour guide person if you can get there around 8am. Moneky Bay is cool but don't underestimate those monkeys, they will bite you if they think you have food that you aren't giving to them. They are scared of the water though so if one chases you, run into the water. If you just stand and watch them though they are fine.

2  Thank KatieNZ31
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Well worth a visit, but organise with one of the local taxi boats for them to take you late afternoon/early evening so you miss the crowds as its heaving during the day with tour boats.

Take a few of your own drinks with you to watch the sun go down as there is nowhere to buy anything.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was my second visit to Thailand but my first to Ko Phi Phi Le. I had been warned/told about what to expect about the popularity of the place from a couple of my friends and I'm so glad I was prepared for the hundreds of tourists that lined 'The Beach'.

It has to be said that when you pull into the bay and see the crystal azure water coupled with the stunning rugged scenary, it takes your breath away. It is truly beautiful and you don't really know where to look first. When I saw the beach and the amount of people on it, with the speedboats lined up, I wasn't surprised. This is one of the most talked-about places in the world make famous by a Hollywood blockbuster...what do you really expect?

We pulled up and jumped off our boat into clear warm waters and managed to find our own little space on the beach. The sand is white, the sea is calm, almost lagoon-like and made for perfect snorkelling and swimming conditions. The place itself is magical and it was a pleasure to visit. I think it's one of those places that you definitely have to go to during your lifetime. You can see as many pictures of it as you like, but nothing compared to actually going there and standing on the beach at Maya Bay. I did find it kind of ironic that in the film 'The Beach', they had been desperate to keep the location of the island a secret to protect it from everything that it has actually become right now, such a rampant tourist hotspot. Saying that, it didn't take away from the beauty of the place for me, just go and enjoy it with the company that you are in.

Despite all this praise, this wasn't my favourite part of Ko Phi Phi Le. My favourite part was when we got back on the speedboat and went around the corner into a lagoon area that was surrounded by rugged clifftops. This was simply breath-taking.

I would've loved to have spent more time here, next time I won't go as part of an organised tour, I will hire my own boat and just go and spend the day floating around the magnificent island.

Don't hesitate, just do.