“Amazing, amazing amazing”

$132.88*
and up
Phi Phi Deluxe Island-Hopping Tour by Speedboat from Phuket
Reviewed October 10, 2012

There is nothing to dislike about this island. If you have seen the movie The Beach, it is as beautiful as it appears. The whole island just kept on giving as we traveled around it.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,030)
All reviews
in 13 reviews
"life jackets"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My partner and I travelled October/November 2011.

This was my first time overseas and his second time.

We went on the Phi Phi Island/Maya Bay snorkelling tour and it was just amazing. Snorkelling is now my favourite thing to do!

Bobby was our tour guide and he was HILARIOUS - it was just my partner John and (Aussies) I in our tour group with the other 18 people being of Oriental background.

Bobby was so helpful and friently and FUNNY!!! I think he liked us best as no one else seemed to get his humour... He loved making fun of us and our accent and everything was in good humour. He was so knowledgable about the local area and natural beauty, even though this stuff doesnt normally interest me he made it interesting and enjoyable.

The water was beautiful, we went to all the best spots and spend a great amount of time at each.
He didnt mind taking photos of my partner and I even though we asked about 50 times the whole tour, he was very helpful.

We gave him a huge tip and the end of the day because he deserved it.
There was a good amount of drinks and fruit on the boat to go around and make everyone feel full. We stopped for a great lunch which I was reluctant to eat, because my stomach is easily upset, but hey, no problems. I had chicken and rice and fish at the lunch and it tasted great.

The whole tour per person I think cost around $30 Australian dollars.

Well worth it. I would have happily paid more for the great service, food and experience.

Oh, the boat ride is quite bumpy once you get out into the open waters, remember, your on a speed boat to get there faster... I enjoyed my massage that afternoon, but its not UNBEARABLE.
Definately worth it to get there and back faster in a small group as opposed to on a big boat/ferry where you have to compete for space in the water with 400 other people.

1  Thank Alicia C
Reviewed October 3, 2012

best place for chilling out, sorkelling and scuba dving, great variety of marine life and ciral around this island..must visit,,, but the tour groups do manage to kill the spirit of the place :-( still worth visiting

Reviewed September 29, 2012

32 tour boats. There is a small opening that all of the boats channel into and they take you to 'The Beach'. The boats are literally crammed like NYC traffic. It killed it. There is no romance here anymore. It is entirely capitalized off of the movie and people come to visit and there are so many boats no one goes swimming. People walk the beach like its a tour of a church. HOWEVER, if you dive around Koh Phi Phi Ley you will not regret it! I dove with Island Divers and saw colorful corals and three sharks and an octopus and moray eels and apparently sometimes you see whale sharks and huge manta rays! Loved the diving. Everything up top of the water is just commercialism.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We went to Ko Phi Phi Le as part of a day trip from Ko Lanta. As expected the place was beautiful, however it is a victim of its own success... There must have been at least 30 boats each with more than 15 tourists, and these come and go every 20 minutes... Walking across the island the smell was not the nicest, and once on the other side we had to queue 10 minutes to get to see the view for about 20 seconds. I am glad I saw it but it's not as peaceful as it looks on the photos!