“Anti Stress”

Zeavola Resort
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed March 17, 2014

May 2013
After a loud and noisy Pattaya experience, this is the best place to unwind and release all the tensions brought by city life. The GM Mr. Florian is very accommodating that he let us feel that Zeavola is ours. Food is nice and the staff's are welcoming.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Guin A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,845)

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is the most over hyped resort in Thaliand.

The staff have to be the rudest I have ever encountered in Thailand. After a month travelling throughout the islands of the Thailand in similarly priced/rated hotels I can't believe this hotel could be rated number 1 on tripadvisor.

For the price you'd expect far better. Instead you get snarling restaurant staff, grumpy spa treatments & a pool in desperate need of an upgrade (trust me you need to use the pool here because the tide recedes 100 metres out from noon onwards leaving the beach an unusable muddy mess).

The rooms are small, the towels are tattered & the toiletries dont get refilled. The restaurant food is terrible (that is if you get served) and unbelievably overpriced.

Do yourself a favour & book somewhere else! It amlost ruined our holiday...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Matt398
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Arrived after 5 days at Villa Royale in Phuket (also reviewed) knowing this was a different type of hotel. Again the room was lovely with a great DVD and stereo player. Great outdoor living setup with an air conned sleeping room. Our room was on the edge of the property though and you could see a building site over the fence and the overhead electricity wires crackled ominously. The resort and beach has an odd setup for us. Why isn't the natural (now pretty derelict) harbour on the other side of the island used for all the boat transport ? The 3 resorts on the beach mean there are boats pretty much parked and used all the way down it with segregated swimming areas. Although warm, the water is cloudy and the sand underfoot is sharp. There is a long coast road from the other end of the beach to Phi Phi Village which has bars and restaurants, otherwise you're pretty much isolated, nice if you want to do nothing. It's a boat ride to Tonsai but unless you want to go on a trip or do some souvenir shopping it's pretty soulless. The best bit is the boat ride there and back. There were a few service issues about which I spoke to the manager but he's doing his best to run a good resort. This review sounds a bit negative but if this sort of rustic beach holiday with nothing to do but relax is for you then you'll be happy enough.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I just got back from Zeavola about 3 days ago and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this resort is from start to finish. They accommodated me and my 5 friends to take us directly from the airport, to the marina, and straight to the beach of the resort. We were greeted with cool, mint scented towels, and the customer service was wonderful throughout our entire stay. I was taking mental notes each day so that I could share with friends and family at home about the experience and encourage them to stay at Zeavola too. Beautiful beach, great food, quiet location (not like Tonsai Bay on the other side of the island), and many options for activities to explore the islands.

Room Tip: My room was cabana 34, close to the beach, retail shop and registration. I enjoyed hearing the wate...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ytajik
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is really paradise. You do not need even a shoes there. The resort is located in the forest on the beach. Every villa is real Thai traditional one. Part of tradition on the island. Like a village. There are cats &hens so you can really feels like in the village in the past. Very big SPA - I didnt have an opportunity to try, because that was a pick saxon and that you have to make yours booking with a long advance. Original reception, nice restaurant and bar. Very nice cuisine. Food amazingly tasty. It's really hard to describe it. The best option is just go there!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My wife and I stayed in one of the suites at Zeavola and fell in love on the boat ride in! We stayed for 8 nights and could have stayed for much longer. The beachfront of the resort was beautiful! You get a nice view of mosquito island, which we ended up kayaking to (althought they did advise us against it because of the distance) and doing a little bit of snorkeling. Our suite was wonderful. The outdoor shower was always a refreshing part of the day and our infinity pool was great to cool off or just relax in. The breakfast buffet in the morning was delicious and the place where I discovered guava juice! They have a variety of different breakfast cuisines to choose from and fruits and bread galore. They had very nice boat captains to get us to the other side of the island and bring us back. We ended up doing one of their excursions with scuba diving and dinner on the beach. It was beautiful, romantic, and everything we could have hoped for.

I can't recommend this resort highly enough. All of our expectations were met and exceeded tenfold. I hope we get the chance to revisit this wonderful place and I would recommend this more for couples than for families.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Me and my wife stayed thre for four nights. It was absolutely fantastic! The rooms are very spacious, the breakfast is awsome! The staff is always helpfull and polite. Mr. Abdalla, the general manager was always there to help us with whataver we needed! The pool isn't really big, but it is really cosy.

Their "barefoot luxury" concept is really there all the time! If you go expecting a beach resort like the ones in the Caribean, forget about it. Yes, the hotel is just "inside" the jungle, so you'll have to deal with mosquitoes. But so what?

I would definetely recomend the hotel to anyone who expected to go to Phi Phi Island. Leaving the place was terribly sad!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple