“Paradise on Ko Phi Phi Don”
Review of Zeavola Resort

Zeavola Resort
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Zeavola for two nights, and the resort lived up to all the hype and our expectations. We were looking for a luxurious, easy going and relaxing few days, and Zeavola defintely lived up to this. The entire process of check in, right from our transfer at Phuket airport, all the way up to the speedboat and then finally checking in on site was great. The hotel staff were friendly, and had everything ready for us when we showed up (about 5 pm local time). The property sits right on the beach, so you have easy access to the water, and the local longtails to get you anywhere you need to go on the Island.
Food for the most part was good. We ate breakfast at the hotel on both days which was better than average. Nothing special, but good quality stuff. WE also ate lunch one day while we were relaxing on the beach. The lunch was amazing! My wife had the Khao suey, and I had a tom yum soup which was absolutely fantastic. We also had the sticky rice and mango for dessert which was just as good. Drinks were also great at the restaurant.
My two complaints at the hotel were:
1. Theres no real happy hour, or welcome reception for guests. Usually, at resorts around the world, when you pay a premium price, the hotel tends to do some sort of drinks and snacks through the evening to allows guests to mingle with others at the hotel. Considering you pay a premium price for the hotel, I was expecting some tropical juices, or snacks.
2. My AC in the bedroom was awful. It would stop working after about 3 hours. This made sleeping at night quite uncomfortable. Considering how warm it was outside, sleeping in a puddle of your own sweat is no fun. I didnt complain about this to the hotel, because were were there for only two nights, and I was hoping that the problem would fix itself on night two, but it didnt.
Overall, Zeavola was beautiful, and I would definitely go back, and would recommend it to anyone making a trip to the island. Next, I will be sure to complain if the AC doesn't work :).
For dinner options, definitely try out Jasmin, a few steps down from the hotel on the beach. That place was amazing!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Florian H, General Manager at Zeavola Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Rohanpdsouza,
Thank you very much for your positive rating and report about the Zeaovla. We appreciate all your good comments and observations.

Sorry to hear that your air-condition did not work as expected and yes you should have communicated this fact. Against all believes the climate here on the island is actually very aggressive as there is a lot of salt in the air. My Engineering team is always prepared to assist with fixing any kind of break down you might experience.

We also will consider the happy our comment, we have started now with some thank you cocktails for our guests who are staying over Christmas and New Year. We will consider a happy hour option for January.

We wish you a joyful Festive Season and a healthy and prosperous year 2014.
Florian and the Zeavola Family.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,845)

Reviewed December 16, 2013

This was our first time on Phi Phi and we decided to go for the real island experience and stay at one of the beach bungalows in this fabulous resort! We stayed here for a week and had an amazing time! The view from the beach is breath taking! The food is great, we even took one of the Thai cooking classes and it was a lot of fun! We ran along the beach, sunbathed during the day, enjoyed the relaxing time at the Spa and had a splendid time! You don't have to wear shoes here! Our bungalow was very cozy and nice, and a minute walk away from the beach! We even had little crabs go near us on the sand, it was beautiful! The only issue is getting to and from the island if it is not the dry season, and the occasional rain, which is what we had in August, but our whole experience was wonderful!

Room Tip: Our beach bungalow was perfect!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Vonkhan,
Thank you very much for your belated review of the Zeavola and all the very positive comments you have given us. It always makes us happy when guests like you had such a wonderful time.
August nowadays is one of our best months of the year, cause the weather is normally very stable and nice. I remember we only had 5 -7 days of rainy weather this year and I'm sure that next August is very similar.
Our aim is to create a place to be yourself and also rediscover yourself. The regular Life is becoming faster and faster, everybody is in stress. So if we can achieve that our guests are relaxed and content when they leave us we achieved our goal.

Wishing you a peaceful Festive Season and a healthy and prosperous year 2014.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

As a brazilian citizen it's really difficult for me to find a place and hotel where I can say "This is perfect", once in Brazil we have amazing beaches, places and hotels ("being unassuming"), but Zeavola just proved me as the perfection in all sense. All their staff is lovely ones, the room is much more than I could express, tasty cuisine (their staff is fantastic, PA thank you for your attention every minute), the dive center (Jenny) is really kind, the general manager Mr. Hallermann is incredibly receptive with every single one. The beach is heaven. Many people could consider the price expensive but when you decide to stay in any 5 Stars RESORT should know there is some cost to do it and the truth is the Zeavola has comfortable price considering what they offer us. I suggest any person who thinks their price does not worth it, to visit Nordeste (Bahia and their region or even Rio de Janeiro) in Brazil to see what is really unfair. Ko Phi Phi has a wide range of hotels from unexpensive to luxuries before the check in you know what you chose. THANK YOU ZEAVOLA TEAM FOR MY 7 NIGHTS IN PERFECTION!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Selma_Momosse

Dear Selma-Momosse,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review from our lovely little resort. A personal thank you for mentioning me so positively. I could not achieve anything without my staff and they are doing an excellent job. We might not be the most professional ones but we work with our heart and try honestly to make the guests happy. We want to know our guests since the Zeavola is not our work place it is our home.

Thank you once again for taking this long trip to visit us. We wish you a peaceful Festive Season and a healthy and successful year 2014.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I had great hopes that this resort would be a week in paradise. When we pulled up on the boat, it was beach filled with other hotels and many noisy motorboats. Maybe I had too high of expectations for tranquillity. The villas were wonderful but were designed to look into the back of other villas leaving very little privacy. I would describe the resort as funky which is not what I expected for $300 per night.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Dixiegal2929,
Thank you very much for your comments about your stay in November. Please let me explain our aim is not to be funky. The resort is build like a Thai village 30 years ago. Our free standing villas are made from hardwood and have inside sleeping and outside living components. While there is a big effort to create privacy with a dense jungle garden setting we can not provide 100% privacy. Shear curtains and bamboo curtains are installed to help in this effort.

We are a nature resort and try to create a place to chill and unwind for all our guests. Life in the western world is becoming more and more stressful and fast. So here at the Zeavola things are a bit slower. You can discover the island or only the resort according to your pace. Our hope is that you return to the daily world of yours relaxed and rejuvenated.

We wish you a wonderful Festive Season and a healthy and successful year 2014.
Florian and the Zeavola Family

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Zeavola resort is lovely. The individual apartments are really different to any other hotel I have stayed. In a good way! The only downside was the amount of long tail and speed boats arriving at beach...I'm just so glad we didn't have a room by the beach as the noise from engines is anything but relaxing. We were really unfortunate to have bad weather for our entire stay and even had to stay an extra night as no ferries back to mainland. The hotel were very helpful and we stayed another night. I would love to stay at zeavola again but will provably give it a miss due to the beach!

• Stayed: November 2013
Florian H, General Manager at Zeavola Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Cven12,
Thank you for your positive comments about the resort. You really were a bit unlucky since you had all this bad weather. On your departure day was about the worst weather situation in the last 3 years. I understand that all the guests, trying to leave had a very challenging day. I was glad that the evacuation from the ferry back to the hotel was successful without any accident.

I would really love to have you back during a nicer weather period. You will see that the resort is even better then. Thank you for your great spirit during the rain and during the last day.

Stay healthy and successful have an excellent 2014.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I forgot my wallet at Hotel resturant and It loss,I quite sure that waitor or waitress stole my wallet,anyway,It loss,every service especially tour is soo overprice.If someone is interesting about tour,I suggest to make a deal with long tail boat close to there by yourself,You will get reasonable price and private tour.I think I will better stay in another accomodation are locate in the same location, Like Holiday inn or PP Erawan palm cuz of reasonable price,They seem not care about Thai tourist at all

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mariczzz

Dear Mariczzz,
Thank you for your comments.
I regret very much that you have lost your wallet. IT seems that you spend the evening time on our Sunbeds and that the wallet was left there. This area is directly on the beach and many people are using it to sit down and look at the beach therefore we consider it as a public area. Many people would have had a chance to find and take your wallet. It would not be completely fair to accuse my staff of taking it. On the next morning my staff tried to help and searched for the lost item but also could not find it.

Yes our services are a bit more expensive than the local boats, but we include the snorkeling equipment, fresh water, towels and a snorkeling map. Also we can have a pre-departure briefing and listen to the ideas of our guests and assist them to make a plan with the local captains.

We are all Thai people and we do care very much for fellow Thai guests. Our aim is to make everybody happy regardless of their origin.

Once again I regret that you had this experience at the Zeavola Resort.
We wish you an good year ending. Please have a healthy and successful year 2014.
Florian and the Zeavola Family

Reviewed November 30, 2013

alert: if u r vegetarian than u shud either carry packed food or about this resort because u wud get very few options for veg food. breakfast is continental with good options but for lunch and dinner they have one restaurant with limited items.
ok coming to the resort, i loved my stay there except for all the bugs that creep in the room some how. rooms r made in middle of the plantations so at a point u feel lie u r staying inside the jungle. sitting in the open living section has its own charm because of the cool ocean air coming in.
there is nothing much to do once u r here. there is another part of the island wher u can go to maya bay . its the place where THE BEACH movie was filmed. u can take a 3-4 hr trip to several places which also includes trip to their lil town which has fresh sea food.
beach is calm n clean. its a secluded island. sunset is a must watch cos the skies r normally clean. beds r comfy. bathrooms r big enuff. even with the jungle style , they have all the luxuries.
note: u might have to wait for 1-2 hrs for ur transfer from the docks to the island, so either be prepared for it or spend good $$$$ to arrange a private transfer.

Room Tip: they have many options...so see what fits the best to your pocket.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank atulgupta85
Florian H, General Manager at Zeavola Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Atulgupta85,
Thank you very much for your positive rating of your vacation experience in our resort. We are grateful for good review and very happy that you had such a good time.

I'm sorry to hear that you felt our vegetarian selection was limited. Actually most of our Thai dishes we would have turned in a vegetarian version on request. We tried to feature some of the dishes on the menu, but our ability is much greater. I would invite future guests to tell us your preferences and we will try to cater for your taste.

Yes as a jungle resort we do have bugs, geckos and small animals. Most of them don't find their way into the rooms but should that happen we are happy to send a Houskeeping staff.
immediately.

The resort is offering joined speedboat services in the high season two times a day. Please contact our resort to get the times and details. While the speedboat is more expensive than the ferry it only takes 75 minutes instead of 3 hours in a crowed ferry.

Once again thank you for all the good points you have brought up. We wish you an excellent year ending and a healthy and succesful year 2014.
Florian & the Zeavola Family.