“Beautiful, serene, remote beach resort with private villas!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zeavola Resort

Zeavola Resort
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Washington, DC
“Beautiful, serene, remote beach resort with private villas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

I really had no business being at a place as luxurious as Zeavola but I found an outstanding off-peak rate and figured i couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Guests take a boat (or series of boats) to Zeavola's private beach and we were greated by the customer service manager, which just set the tone for consistent, high quality service throughout the stay. The food is also OUTSTANDING and their restaurant offers a full Thai menu and full International menu.

Anything we asked for we received as all of the staff was remarkably accommodating. The pla

Room Tip: Search for off-peak rates
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lisbon, Portugal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

The hotel is at most a two star. Rooms are crawling with lizards, moths, bugs, and other animals. Stayed at the pool villa, where they charge an arm and a leg for a bathroom that is outside. Service is horrible, with very unfriendly staff at the reception and at the bar. It's a joke that this resort advertises itself as the only luxury place on Phi Phi Island... Pretty much anything is better than this.

3 Thank Mardm926
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

What a wonderful place!
My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary and what a treat it was.
A wonderful beach.
Superb cuisine.
Excellent service and hospitality.
I recommend the "day in paradise" package, worth every cent.
this place is back to basics so all the paths are sand, there are insects so bring some repellent and it's a 30 minute boat ride to the village. all this just made the holiday better.

1 Thank dannyanb
Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

Nice place to stay and spent a honey moon, yes its not so cheap but compare with all hotels in Krabi area we find it the best. Hotel under Austrian manager doing really great, place is fantastic and food in the restaraunt was really good.
One of the pleasant places in Thailand.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

Vert good hôtel , boutique style! We had a garden suite and have absolutelly jogging to report. Staff is very friendly and helpfull : a spécial thanks to Jael, young Mexican lady, who knows ver y well Thailand, Phi Phi and The area. She Speaks french and english, what's gréât. Rooms are lovely, hôtel is charming and foot is excellent with good prices.
Hôtel has a diving center too, competent and friendly. They organized a combined diving tour for m'y wife and i, with nô extra charge. Ver y Romantic hôtel and place. Perfect place to rest and ressource, enjoy !

• Stayed May 2011
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

I've given this a 1* due to the fact that I got an upset stomach whilst staying here and when back at home I was still ill and had it diagnised as salmonella. I'm also pregnant so had been very carfeul in what I was eating.

Even if it wasn't for the salmonella I would have only rated this a 2-3. We'd just been travelling roudn Thailand for 2 weeks and this was our last stop and it was such a dissappoinment. It was very expensive for what it was. We were in a Garden Villa which was just average. OK for a 3* beach hut but not for a supposed 5* resort.
I live in Asia so am used to the climate and the mossies and I hate it when people write reviews compaining about things like mossies,but I have to say, I've never experienced anything like these before and that's compared to all over Asia. They do defumatgate everyday, provide all rooms with mossie repellent, electric tennis raquests to swat them with but I still couldnt lie by pool, sit on the porch, without getting bitten constantly, even with strong repellent and mossie coils on.
The beach is probably the worst beach I've been to in a long time. We were expecting something paradise but there was rubbish, cigarette butts in the sand. I thought the resorts had a private beach but it's just a section of a beach shared with several other resorts. All the resorts use a tractor to take things out to the fishing boats so the beach is covered in tractor tire marks. The sea was murky due do the tractor being driven around and all oil from fishing boats.
The service and staff were very good and the food tasted good - so I thought until I got ill.
I don't know what to receommend this place for. I didnt think any of the other resports on the beach looked much better. If you want paradise island getaway there are far nicer, more unspoilt and cheaper places in Thailand e.g Phuket (North West beaches, not South), Krabi, Samui, Koh Phang Yang. I would really give Koh Phi Phi and Zeavola a miss.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank HKJC_11
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

I just saw a photo of the resort that Wills & Cate are staying for their honeymoon, it looks so similar to Zeavolas, granted no private waiter at Zeavolas but I bet it isn't far behind this resort, and one hell of a lot cheaper. Zeavolas is an amazing place to stay. We had a private pool room for our honeymoon and haven't stopped bragging about the place to our friends and family. We didn't need to leave the resort, the food was so good we only went to another restaurant once in 7 days. Breakfast was to die for and the service was the best I have experienced in all of my travels. Yes we had to walk a few steps to get to our room but believe me it was well worth it. It was opulant! Never had so much space, the outside lounge was fantastic, views of the beach and surrounding islands, we slept well as the bed was better than home. Loved showering outside. Mozzies are serious but I only got a few bites and didn't use any repellant, Husband hates them and used spray and the wipes provided, he only got a few, so not so bad. The staff here are so friendly and happy, they all knew who we were and what we liked to drink and eat. We did have a problem with our pool but believe me the Manager went out of his way to resolve the issue, never have we felt like our problem was so important. We couldn't have asked for more, this resort is a class act. We had gifts left on our bed at night, our cleaner sprayed the room while we were at tea and let the mozzie net down over the bed, it was so cute. there is so much I could write about like the private dinner on the beach or the beach itself - fantastic. All too good

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple