“Beautiful beach. ”

P.P. Erawan Palms Resort
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
“Beautiful beach. ”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

We had a very good stay at this resort. The beach is beautiful. The prices are very high though for food and drinks. The location is far from the main part of the island which means if you want to shop and see the sights at Tonsai Bay you'll have to take a longtail, which takes about 20minutes, but it's not that big a deal. This resort is for those who want to take it slow. Hit happy hour at the beach bar and relax. Beautiful sunsets. Good stay. Ps. Walk down the beach past the Holiday Inn, there's a tiny restaurant which looks dodgy, but has amazing food at rediculously cheap prices. Also, just past the restaurant on the brick pathway that is lined next to the beach has amazing views.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Wernzmal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Gustavia, St. Barthelemy
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We went from phuket to koh phi phi to enjoy the nice beached and relax, and this hotel was perfect for it.
Not so many tourists, nice beach, not far away from maya bay which is beautiful.
I'd just say two things that weren't really nice for us. The first one are the standard rooms, if you want to go there just take the bungalow, because the standard rooms are really far away from the beach and they're building an other hotel just behind so lots of noises.
And the second is the restaurant, don't go to eat there.. my boyfriend got food intoxication with gambas there.. and there is a fantastic tiny local restaurant called "chili and pepper" just after the holiday inn on a small hill.. it is just delicious, cheap and the view it's wonderful!!!

The best thing was the staff, so nice and friendly :)

Nice for a 3/4 days stop !

Room Tip: Bungalow are the best, next to the beach, bigger and quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Globetrotter489
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

To start off, if you're single, stay in Tonsi Bay. That's were the bars and women are. Just full of tourists.

Here we are on a 2 hour boat ride from Phuket, thinking this is going to be awesome. Well, it was not what we were expecting and really did wish we did more research.
This was no place for 4 single guys just looking to meet women and do a little partying.
It'd be nice if you are going there with your girlfriend/fiancé/wife.

There is really nothing to do here. Everything stops at 10pm.

The resort is ok and would be better if the mattresses were a little more comfortable (though we found in Phuket and koh samui, the beds aren't comfortable there either). The pool is done rather cheaply and a little run down. No pool bar either. Beach is nice and that's really all you can look forward too, although the beach is better as you walk down past the holiday inn.

It's safe to say, I won't be going there again.
I'll repeat, if you are single, Tonsi bay is the place to be.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joey696s

Travelers are raving about these Ko Phi Phi Don hotels

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed January 8, 2014

PP Erawan came highly recommended from family and friends, and we weren't disappointed. The staff were excellent, really attentive and always had a smile on their faces. Our room was huge (I think it was a deluxe or superior queen?), and was very comfortable except for the hard bed. This is quite standard across Thailand, so we were used to not having a super soft bed.

The wifi actually did reach our room (I just had to play around with the IP settings), but not having routers across the resort is a major pain for modern travellers wanting to call home from the privacy of their own room/s.

The restaurant attached to the hotel (Sawasdee) is reasonably priced and shares the same staff as the resort, so you can add those meals to your tab and pay at the end.

If you want to do day trips to Tonsai (Phi Phi Don's port) or further, you can arrange that directly with the hotel. We sorted out our own long tail boat for the day (by finding someone on the beach) to explore Maya Bay and surrounds, but in retrospect a speed boat may have been a better option (more time snorkelling and less time in between).

Try to pick up as much water, snacks and liquor before you get to Laem Tong as the supplies on that end of Phi Phi Don are much more scarce and cost more than the main port of Tonsai. I would recommend getting the shuttle to Tonsai and back if you do need supplies, and organising that with PP Erawan (it's no cheaper to do it yourself, and the long tails to Tonsai are more expensive if their's just two of you).

There's a pool at PP Erawan, but it doesn't get used too much as the ocean is right there. During December 2013 we had fairly windy conditions, so the water wasn't particularly calm - but that's nobody's fault. I would recommend that PP Erawan finish building their pool bar (it looks amazing!) to encourage more folk to take a swim in the later hours of the day.

Room Tip: If you want some form of wifi, try and be as close as possible to reception. Otherwise the further b...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tyce C
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The room and bathroom were very nice, clean and quite new. We also had a little balcony facing a little back garden.
You had two bottles of complimentary water each day and another two white bottles of water, they left if in the bathroom so we supposed it was for brushing teeth and so.

Another good thing was that when we had to leave an take the ferry to the pier, they collected the luggage of all people leaving in the same ferry, bring it there and make sure everyone was taking it. They had it very organized. For the arrival, you have to do it on your own, we arrived to the hotel by taxi boat as we were coming from another part of the island.

Breakfast was good, you had quite a variety of food to pick up from.

Bad things: there is no wifi in the room, only in the lobby, which nowadays, in a hotel like that is not very acceptable. One of the days it rained the whole evening and internet in the room would have been good.

Finally, I would not recommend this part of the island (Laem Tong Beach )as the beach was not clean, it was full of pieces of plastic, even cristal, wood... there were some so-called sea gipsies that were burying empty plastic bottles right in the beach... it was really sad looking at the dirty beach in such a beautiful paradise. We were before in the Long Beach, and even if the beach was not very big it was really beautiful, clean, white sand, Cristal clear waters...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ISABEL R
London
Reviewed January 1, 2014

What a pleasant experience.
Everything was perfect. The service was excellent.
Room and bathroom were big, perfectly clean and very comfortable.
All amenities and facilities were good. Breakfast was excellent with many options of cold and hot food. Fresh fruit available.
Please note that this hotel is in a secluded part of Kho Phi Phi and the journey take almost an extra hour from the main pier. However it's all clear and also easy to go by ferry. Just make sure you tell the staff in the pier when you buy the tickets. Also, this part of Kho Phi Phi is for relaxing only, do not expect any parties or crazy nights.
I was planning on staying one night only, but booked an extra night. One of the highlights of my 3 week trip to Asia.
I really hope to visit this part of Kho Phi Phi and this resort again in the future. Perfect for romantic trips, but also good for families and solo travellers (like me) looking for a break.
Paradise!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Paolo R
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is one of the best resorts I have ever stayed at. Our travel agent Andaman Adventures (top marks to them for a wonderful tour of the region at prices we could afford) recommended it, which was good, as otherwise we’d never have found this little gem of a place. The service they provide at the Erawan is excellent, starting when you get picked up at the main island for transfer to the resort. The resort is located away from the main party zone and you can’t be guarabteed a ride back if you finish up in the bars late and if the waves are high at this time – well, that’s what the resort’s receptionist told us and it right put me off a night on the tiles, even though I had been looking forward to that quite a bit – actually that was the main reason for visiting PP, so I was surprised to end up having a completely different but totally great experience of another, calmer variety. We did our fair share of partying on our tour of the region, particularly in Ao Nang and Railay, so it wasn’t a hardship to just bliss out on Phi Phi.
The breakfast was good and offered tons of variety, with the sausages and eggs my favourite – I don’t know what it is, but I just don’t do foreign food for breccie. I like Thai food and enjoyed the grub at this resort, but strictly for dinner and maybe lunch only, for breakfasts it’s the traditional English for me.
The overall experience is one of simplicity and class. The resort are aware that they are located in a remote spot, so lay on entertainments – think Thai boxing show meets Thai curly-fingered dancing and you just about have it – I have seen much better quality shows that this one, but it was still fun and enjoyable – my wife even got up to dance for a bit, looking really big next to the tiny Thai girls. It was entertainment enough for me to have a tasty dinner watching the longboats sway in the waves and listening to the sound of the surf – nature’s best relaxant, in my opinion, my wife thinks it’s also an aphrodisiac …
If you are looking to relax away from the party zone then this part of the island is for you and the Erawan Palms is a good choice. We stayed 4 nights which was enough as there’s not much to do here – after we had taken a boat trip out to go snorkeling on the reef we were kind of done.

We had a bungalows is one row behind the ones closer to the beach/pool. It was spacious, clean, and AC working perfectly (not noisy at all), good size bathroom, although shower is a bit on the soft side for me. In-room safe, but no wifi in the rooms.. only around pool-side and front desk area, which is fine cause you get a scene while surfing.

The staff are nice and very friendly but their English is not so great, so it was difficult to have a conversation. I could order anything I wanted and even got a problem with the shower fixed with no fuss, but in terms of getting to know people it was impossible, my wife made several attempts to get behind the smiles and find out what makes these people tick but had no luck.
This hotel has a really great massage hut, set facing the sea. It was a wonderful feeling to get a rub there, I recommend the oil massage as my wife found the oil-less one (called ‘Thai’ massage) a bit painful. The Erawan offers good value for money and the rooms are modern, clean and very nice. The shower wouldn’t do warm, only hot or cold, but this is the sort of thing you expect outside 5 star places in Thailand. Wifi was unavailable in the rooms, which was a bit of a pain.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family