I stayed here in 2012 whilst on a Contiki. Im not sure if anything has changed since staying here. But I liked it, in some ways, it was peaceful with the rooms perched up on the side of a hill - quite a long walk from the center of phi phi. The buffet breakfast seemed OK. The staff always had a smile on their face. But there were also a few things I found inconvenient with this hotel though.
1. The hike up the hill which was both stairs and steep pathways to the rooms is quite intense (and I considered myself pretty fit).
2. When I stayed we had to walk down the beach and "walk a plank" to get across to the hotel once late at night the high tide was coming in which was a bit dodgy after a night of drinking. (They did have staff members supervising the "plank" though" but waves were sweeping up and over it at times).
3. The room we had smelt quite musty and seemed a little run down. The bathroom was very old school and I didn't like the shower much I think the warm water wasn't very good either.
Im not sure how expensive this hotel is... But if you are looking for a cheap place that is out of the way this would definitely do the job.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bay View Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phi Phi Bayview Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Bay View Hotel