“Beautiful Location”
Review of Bay View Resort

Bay View Resort
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Location beautiful, rooms and food great, bell service boys awesome...however, the frony desk staff we dealt with was extremely rude, disorganized, and unhelpful which put a damper on the en db of our stay there.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank MaddorainSk
There are newer reviews for Bay View Resort

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Very nice view from the bungalows overlooking Ton Sai bay.
10 min walk away from downtown and the Ibiza like party atmoshphere that defines the downtown at night. A longtail boat picks you up upon arrival, so easy to get there.

Some reviewers complains about having to walk a few minutes uphill. For me thats just a plus and gives me a free exercise in an otherwise lazy holiday. And that walk is also what gives me the beautiful view I wanted in the first place :)

Quite clean hotel rooms but rooms are definately starting to show their age. Tha balcony just got painted, with the result of paint everywhere on the floor of the balcony. Where they smoking Mariuhuana while painting?

Service leaves a little bit to be desired. How about some eye contact while talking? After checking out in the morning we wanted to stay two hours on the premises while waiting for further transport. We were hoping to borrow a couple of towels to relax on the beach. But that was only possible for guests (and we werent guests anymore since we had just checked out..haha)

Its a three star hotel so I know I should have reasonable expectations. All in all an ok stay.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This 'resort' is a 3 star, not a 4 star as billed. However, having said that it could so easily be improved by a lick of paint here and there, particularly around the poolside area, which quite frankly looks dirty. They set tables out on the beach for dinner but they're very basic plastic chairs and tables which doesn't make it look very inviting - even with the amazing backdrop of the bay.

We found the location to be OK. It is a 10 minute walk to town, but that walk is along the shoreline and punctuated by various bars, restaurants, hotels and stalls, so it's not an arduous, boring walk by any means.

Breakfast is OK with a reasonable selection. I could've done without Thai TV blaring out at me each morning over breakfast though.

We were a bit worried about the overbooking situation with this hotel having read some of the reviews submitted before our arrival, but we got a room straight away, although we had to wait until 2pm as it had not been cleaned. They don't have enough cleaners in this resort as even when you're there your room doesn't get cleaned until 3pm-ish, which again is not a 4* experience.

Most of the staff are very friendly. There was one exception - a girl on reception, she may even have been the manager. We paid for a deluxe room and I'm pretty sure we didn't get one. She just point blank refused to discuss it with me and said that we'd got one. However, I couldn't see the difference between our room and many of the others. Some of the other rooms looked better than ours, which I tried to point out but she walked away. I would therefore advise not paying extra for the better room, because you'll never know if you got what you paid for and there's hardly any difference anyway. My main gripe with her was her abruptness. For example, I went to reception to get 2 beach towels for the day and she said "beach towel finished, no more". When I asked when there would be more, she said "come back in 2 hours". I walked to the pool area (which is a fair distance from the hotel reception) and there was a huge pile of beach towels and the very friendly man there let me have 2, no problem, If this was a 4* hotel, she'd have got someone to fetch them for me or at least suggested I try the pool area myself. I found her to be very surly and unhelpful.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

The Bayview Resort - I had organised an extra bed 2 days prior to arrival, upon arrival the room had not been organised. I then continued to wait for NINE hours after checking in, and the the request was still not completed. I had to recall reception for the THRID time to for them to complete for our paid requests not only did they not apologise for their inattentive service but after each phone call they hung up on me mid conversation. Once the bed arrived we receive this Absolutely filthy bed, bent, moulded and covered in stains that was supported by what looks like a prison cell bed frame. Being incredibly disgusted by what we were provided with, we then asked for a NEW mattress and upon the arrival of the second mattress had even more stains and spots of blood all over it. They refused to provide a refund for the extra 850 baht we paid for or provide any form of compensation for their complete incompetence. I have had the most amazing time in this beautiful country until I arrived to this terrible resort. from the second we arrived to the Bayview Resort we have received nothing but absolutely rude customer service not only from reception but the service men here.
I would advise all travellers who want to enjoy the beautiful island of Phi Phi to stay as far as you can from this resort if they do want to be patronised and disrespected.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank vmaeee
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed in 3 hotels during our trip, bayview was the quietest of the three. The rooms are great and the views are excellent. We were in the new 'superior wing'.

The rooms are spread over a hillside so they can be a bit of a walk.

The hotel picked us up from the pier by longtail boat so we didn't have to carry our luggage after we arrived.

The 3 star rating is definitely correct; marks on the walks, gaps between windows and walls, etc. But nothing that will leave us with a bad taste.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The resort is located well away from the madness that is Phi Phi. 10 to 15min walk to vibrant party area of the island so close enough but far enough to be able to escape it all during the day. The rooms have a wonderful view! A warning though - there are lots of steps! So if you are stairs averse then might be better to stay clear or ask for a room on one of the lower terraces.

Room Tip: there are lots of steps! So if you are stairs averse then might be better to stay clear or ask for a...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank thebluetyphoon
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed here at Bayview on Phi Phi Island for 2 nights.
Upon arrival at the pier, they have a long boat that will pick you up and drive you over to the front of the hotel so no travel is required to get to the hotel. This was a nice surprise as we didn't realise this was available, so thought we would have to walk.

When we got to the hotel, unfortunately the staff could be a bit more friendly, they just threw off a rude vibe, like we were annoying them by being there. Please be aware that this hotel is not for the unfit. Most rooms are situated on quite a steep hill, so it can be very difficult walking up and down, sometimes you just feel like staying in your room. They will drive you and your bags up to your room upon arrival but after that, you're on your own. It can also be quite a walk to the pool, depending on where your room is located, but once your arrive, it's beautiful.

It is located directly on the beach so the views are stunning. The rooms (well the one we stayed in) seemed modern, bathrooms were clean, it was quiet. We were very happy.

The restaurant food was delicious, as were the cocktails. Please make sure you bring mosquito repellent with you, as come night time, they are everywhere. Thankfully we had a waiter bring us some, which was very friendly.

Overall a great place to stay.