We stayed at Phi Phi island village for 4 days in May. We had a private speed boat transfer which was quite expensive but got you from Krabi to Phi Phi in about 45 minutes instead of the 2.5 hours - the views on the way were also amazing.
Our welcome at reception was warm and friendly and we were personally shown to our bungalow and all the amenities in the room explained.
The rooms were comfotrable, but as other people have mentioned the air con is a little loud and some parts of the rooms are looking a little dated. However, we were very comfortable.
The spa at the resort is very competitvely priced, especially compared to the UK and the major hotels in Bangkok. I'd recommend one of the combined treatments - massage and facial - it was fantastic.
The service at the restuarants varied depending on who was serving you. We ate from the buffet most nights, apart from the one evening we went to the Thai restaurant. Beware - if you're expecting small portions, you won't get them here, we couldn't finish our meal!
Despite all the rain we ventured out on an island explorer trip which cost 2200 baht from the activity centre at the resort (which has lots of different options). We visited "the beach", which was absolutely heaving with people, we also went snorkelling in 3 different spots and swimming at an amazing spot on phi phi ley. Lunch was also provided and Mon, our guide, was very friendly, as were the boat crew. It was also a great way to see the islands, despite the rain we did manage to see quite a lot of fish while snorkling.
The beach at the resort is second to none - clear blue, which white sand and excellent for swimming and snorkelling. The pool is also large but lacks service around the pool - you have to go to the bar to order anything.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay, but there needs to be a bit more focus on service in some areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A dream-like boutique resort situated on a private 800 metre stretch of pristine white sand beach lapped by the turqoise waters of the Andaman Sea. The resort is set on 70 acres of coconut palm plantations, in the privacy of Loh Ba Gao Bay on Phi Phi Island. Accommodation is comprised of 189 traditional Thai style bungalows and 12 exclusively private Hillside Pool Villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort And Spa
- Phi Phi Island Village Beach Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Phi Island Village Beach Hotel
- Phi Island Village Beach Resort
- Phi Phi Island Village Resort