Tripadvisor
Ko Phi Phi Don
5,308 results
All reviews hillside villa thai restaurant the early bird beachfront junior suite long tail boat recreation center our honeymoon public ferry swim up bar maya bay low tide beach front pad thai welcome drink private beach massage places cold towels
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

After 27 hours of flying and the moment I walked out of arrivals I knew that I picked the right place. I was greeted by a representative of the hotel who quickly put me in a cab and off I was headed to grab the boat to the resort. The transfer was great and I think spending a few extra dollars knowing you’ll be taken care of is worth it.
Once I arrived at the resort I was greeted again by some fantastic people. The check-in was smooth and without issues. Granted there were a few other guests that arrived the same time and I was traveling solo, so I knew it shouldn’t have taken long. I was whisked to my villa and right then and there it was time to relax.
I purchased the full-board via Agoda and since I arrived towards the afternoon I made my way to dinner.
The food was great and there were plenty of options for everyone. The employees that worked in the restaurant were just fantastic. They always greeted me with a smile.
Though I purchased the lunch option I really didn’t use it much during my 8 days. I think I spent more time meeting new friends at the pool and having drinks. Breakfast was fantastic and just so much food.
I’ve read about flies and stuff but it’s an open air place so it’s expected. You’re on vacation so why sweat the small stuff.

The pools, grounds are great and there is always someone working trying to clean up. I spent most of my vacation hanging around the pools as I met some great people and the pool bar was a fun place to be.
I took advantage of renting a boat and spending some time at one of the small islands with a group I met. Great time and pretty inexpensive for the time we spent.

If you Scuba, you will love this place. The people working at the dive shop were on top of their game. I wish I could have dived a bit more but having a cold put a damper on it.
The bars were a great place to unwind at night, tho they were not busy as a lot of guest go to the village to eat since it is a bit cheaper. I did have dinner there one night but I think I liked the people at the resort a bit better as they always made me feel appreciated.
The woman that manages the place was great. She always made it a point to stop over while I was having a drink at night. Super nice and helpful with any question you had.
If you are looking for somewhere to go that had a little bit of nightlife but focuses more on you being taken care of and making sure your vacation is a relaxed one I would definitely tell you to try this place out.

I think my only complaint was that Agoda marketed this place as a great place for solo travelers but I think I was one of a handful of people traveling alone.
To me, it wasn’t an issue as everyone I met that were guests were open to communication and I had a great time.

Check this place out. You will not be sorry you did.
I may just come back very soon.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank mikedR381IZ
Karin J, Manager at Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Dear mikedR381IZ,

Thank you so much for your detailed information. Sounds like you had a great time and despite the fact that you were traveling alone, you seem to have met many guests who you befriended? Our hotel is very suitable for couples looking for a romantic getaway or spending some quality time with each other. Thank you for recommending the dive center, I am very pleased that you mentioned them. A dive experience with them is always well organized and a lot of fun. Our dive boat is very suitable for dive excursions, it offers lots of space for everyone. Thank you for the compliments, I remember greeting you every night at the bar, we really appreciate that you wrote.

Best regards,

Karin Jongman
Resort Manager

Reviewed January 11, 2020 via mobile

Visited January 2020. Weather great, hotel speedboat transfer from Phuket good (although it was a little bumpy due to state of the sea). Upon arrival at resort, straight from beach into reception and welcomed with original music which was a nice touch. Easy checkin procedure. We were upgraded to a deluxe garden bungalow towards the back of the resort, a 5/6 minute walk from the main facilities. The bungalow was spacious with good amenities and kept immaculately clean.

Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. Ate at resort one evening which was nice, but pricey compared to the restaurants/bars in the village behind the resort.

The staff were excellent and gave good service. The buggy service around the resort was very handy at times!

We spent most days around the smaller lazy pool which suited us. It was great to be able to cool down in a nice pool with lovely views overlooking the beach and sea.

Overall we though the resort was very good and only had one issue - a majority of the sunbeds didn’t have cushions and we found them a little uncomfortable. Would have thought that a resort of this quality would have had better ones.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Mr_Chao_Treenawong, General Manager at Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2020

Dear Shimore

We're so glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. We appreciated in your kind rating and reviews. Our staff members are all doing their best at their jobs so they will be very happy to hear your compliments.

For the sunbeds and cushions matters, we would take your comment as an opportunity for us to make an improvement on your next stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort again.

Best Regards,
Chao Treenawon

Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

Location - sandy beach along the sea, close to monkey bay and Viking cave. Great view, relaxing. Spacious villa, comfortable with balcony. Courteous staff.

Good restaurants and great food with a variety of cuisines in the different restaurant.

Nice pool with a pool bar to relax.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Karin J, Manager at Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Dear JyotiChhibberGoel,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay, I am very pleased with your feedback. Sounds like you had a pleasant stay with us.

Thank you for the recommendation for future travelers.

Best regards,

Khun Chao Treenawongse

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

I booked the trip to phi phi island by the hotel. It was well organised. We went in the morning a group of 20 in a speed boat. We had many stops for snorkeling. To see the monkey island. The day started by 8 am and we came back to the hotel by 5 pm. We really enjoyed it a lot but we came very tired.
It is better not to accompany kids.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Mr_Chao_Treenawong, General Manager at Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2020

Dear Nadinalogy

We're absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed the exploring trip with us. Our staff are doing thier best at their jobs so they would be very happy to hear that you had a great time. We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the very near future.

Sincerely Yours,
Chao Treenawong

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

We arrived on Christmas morning and were met with a great welcome and a refreshingly cool drink. My wife was celebrating a special Birthday on the 26th, she had a Spa treatment in the morning which was out of this world. That evening I chose the private dining option on the beach, it was utterly amazing and they went out of their way to make it a special occasion.
I went for a dive with the team at the resort and it was so awesome. I finally got to swim with a turtle and saw some reef sharks so for us this place ticked all the boxes.
We also celebrated the New Year at the resort which was a spectacular experience!
A special shout out to all the team at the resort that met us with a smile every morning and were so helpful and friendly to us.
Thank you to everyone we shared this special time with. We have some special memories that we will never forget.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Seanb179

We're deeply appreciated in your review. We're absolutely delighted to hear that you and your wife had a great time while staying with us. Our staff are doing thier best at their jobs so they would be very happy to hear your compliment. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to our resort in the very near future.

Sincerely Yours,