Reached by long tail boat (200baht per person),this idyll is nearly perfect. Bungalows traditionally built but with all mod cons and in lovely well maintained grounds. No noise except wildlife. An always empty pool. Menu extensive. Staff invisible until required.Blue ocean, shells and fantastic snorkelling for all abilities,especially at low tide.Only expensive activities are offered, so you must be resourceful.
We took the walk to the local bay via the Thai village which had been destroyed in the 2004 tsunami. A sobering outing but well worth the effort. A few new houses are now established behind the resort. A quaint street of tiny shacks where they sell clothes, local fruits and offered local meals. The 40 minute trek through the jungle to the view was worth it. Do it first thing in the morning to get the best views of the island, or take the 2 hour return walk via the jungle to Tonsai, the arrival port..
wifi etc only available in the lobby areas which is free to clients.
This is not a resort for young children unless you plan to live in the pool.
My only regret was the cost of an icecream...ridiculous prices, so skipped this treat.
Would definitely revisit and explore the island some more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A dream-like boutique resort situated on a private 800 metre stretch of pristine white sand beach lapped by the turqoise waters of the Andaman Sea. The resort is set on 70 acres of coconut palm plantations, in the privacy of Loh Ba Gao Bay on Phi Phi Island. Accommodation is comprised of 144 traditional Thai style bungalows and 12 exclusively private Hillside Pool Villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phi Phi Island Village Beach Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort And Spa
- Phi Island Village Beach Hotel
- Phi Island Village Beach Resort
- Phi Phi Island Village Resort