My husband and I have just returned from the most amazing holiday Outrigger Phi Phi Island Resort and Spa. We had a wonderful time and we can't stop talking about it.
We stayed at the resort for 9 nights (it was supposed to be 10, but Virgin Holidays stranded us in Phuket for a night) and it was super. The resort is beautiful, everything about it is stunning. The pool and beach are amazing. Free bottled water and beach towels were delivered to our room daily and on our last night the house boy decorated the bed with flowers, it was a lovely touch.
We ate at all of the restaurants during our stay. The food was very good and we didn't have a bad meal the whole time we were there. We ate everything from Pad Thai to spaghetti carbonara! The pool bar was great for lunch and we ate there everyday. My husband favoured the Hawaiian pizza for lunch. I loved the coconut ice cream. In the evenings we split our time between Marlin, Coconut, and Ruan Thai. If you're there on a Tuesday night definitely book a table on the beach at the Marlin restaurant for Bounty on the Beach. That was a lovely experience.
I know some other reviewers have commented on poor service, but I can't understand this as we received nothing but impeccable service throughout our stay. Yes a minority of the staff speak limited English, but they immediately go and get another member of staff that speaks better English so we never had a problem. Thanks to the reception staff for arranging a late checkout for us on the last day, it meant an extra hour by the pool for us.
The Wana Spa is a must. Yes it's more expensive than a massage in the village, but it is an amazing experience. We loved the cold tea we were given before the massage and the sweet biscuits we were given afterwards.
Do we have any grumbles? There is a culture of reserving sunbeds with towels at the resort, which means if you're not there first thing you don't get a bed and it is annoying seeing lots of unused beds when you don't have one.
We also got a bit irritated when eating at the Coconut Bar for the first time. On arriving we were presented with menus, yet as soon as they found out we were full board, staff whipped away our menus and presented us with another more limited one, and of course what I had previously chosen wasn't on that menu. I wouldn't have minded that so much, but at the end of the meal we were asked to sign for what we'd eaten above our full board allocation. If that was always going to be the case why not let us choose from the main menu?
We'd definitely stay at the Outrigger Phi Phi Island Resort and Spa again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A dream-like boutique resort situated on a private 800 metre stretch of pristine white sand beach lapped by the turqoise waters of the Andaman Sea. The resort is set on 70 acres of coconut palm plantations, in the privacy of Loh Ba Gao Bay on Phi Phi Island. Accommodation is comprised of 144 traditional Thai style bungalows and 12 exclusively private Hillside Pool Villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phi Phi Island Village Beach Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort And Spa
- Phi Island Village Beach Hotel
- Phi Island Village Beach Resort
- Phi Phi Island Village Resort