My partner and I stayed here in the last part of our holiday. No amount of looking at pictures can prepare you for the sheer beauty of this place!
We got a ferry boat from the Nopparat pier in Krabi which took you too Tonsai Bay in Phi Phi. From there walk towards the end of the pier where members of staff from Outrigger (they will be wearing a uniform with outrigger on it) will meet you and load your bags onto a long boat. The long boat will then take you to your hotel. Its about a 20 minute boat ride which is an excellent experience within its self! On arrival at the hotel we were given a lovely iced coconut drink, and a voucher for a drink and snack as our hotel room wasn't quite ready.
We stayed in a superior bungalow which didn't disappoint! Very clean, free bottled water and the air con was lovely and cool! The staff here where fantastic and helpful when needed, although me and my partner didnt really have any problems!
The island however is pretty secluded and there isn't much of a night life at the hotel. If you walk to end of the beach (by the coconut grill) and follow the sand path to the little village behind the hotel where there is a lovely beach bar with a great owner and a fantastic little restaurant called Oasis..we stayed in Phi Phi for 4 nights and ate there every night with no problems and the food was just brilliant!
We hired bikes one morning and cycled to the gypsy village and around that end of the island, we planned to cycle to Tonsai but this isnt possible. We also planned to walk over to tonsai but the path wasnt very safe so we booked a long tail taxi boat (200 bht each way per person), however I found Tonsai ruined the ambience of the island as it was quite busy and touristy. I had a massage at the hotel, the prices were pretty expensive (1500 bht) but whole experience was fantastic, from the free cold tea at the beginning, to the room the massage was in, to the therapist! Right down to the hot tea and biscuits at the end. I did also have a foot massage next to tunas restaurant and bar from the village at the back of the hotel. This was only 400 bht and lasted an hour and was also lovely!
On our last day was the only time we had a small issue at this hotel. Whilst waiting for the boat to take us to Phuket, we ordered some food, which took a very long time to come, I had to ask the waitress after 40 mins as we were in a rush to get our boat! They brought our food which had obviously been sat out for awhile was the chips were cold, salad was withered and the mayo on the bun of the burger had seperated. Once we spoke to a waitress though they were fantastic and tried to offer us new food for free but we had to catch our boat so they gave us our drinks for free. Very good service all round apart from this one very small issue.
I would highly recommend this place as its just such a lovely hotel and area, the pool was great too. The grounds are very well kept and all staff you pass are extremely polite. I hope to visit this hotel again! Loved every minute (even with the bad food before our departure!)
OH and the breakfast was amazing!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A dream-like boutique resort situated on a private 800 metre stretch of pristine white sand beach lapped by the turqoise waters of the Andaman Sea. The resort is set on 70 acres of coconut palm plantations, in the privacy of Loh Ba Gao Bay on Phi Phi Island. Accommodation is comprised of 189 traditional Thai style bungalows and 12 exclusively private Hillside Pool Villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort And Spa
- Phi Phi Island Village Beach Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Phi Island Village Beach Hotel
- Phi Island Village Beach Resort
- Phi Phi Island Village Resort