Man am I happy we decided, based on Trip Advisor reviews, to spend the last days of our southeast Asia vacation at the beautiful Outrigger!! While the place is certainly not easy to get to (once you get to the island of Ko Phi Phi Don via the main port at Tonsai you have to take another boat to the east side of the island just to get to the resort) it was worth it. The grounds are very spread out but immaculately groomed and our beach hut (#212) was just fantastic. The beach is absolutely gorgeous, truly one of the most spectacular I have ever seen as the water is crystal clear and there sand is perfect powder white. The infinity pool is another great place to relax. A few words of advice: definitely check out Pad Thai, the restaurant located in Phi Phi Island Village, which is just behind the on-resort Marlin restaurant. (If you need directions to the village, someone at the front desk can help guide you.) The food at Pad Thai was better than anything we had at the Outrigger. The on-site restaurant food and all items in the gift shop, etc are priced way higher than most of Thailand so be warned. We spent a few hours one night listening to live music at the Centre Bar; while the setting was nice the drinks the bartender served were horrendous. We booked a half day snorkel trip through the hotel & it was fine, we wound up at most of the hot spots along with tons of other tour boats so that was a bit disappointing but it was still a good day. All of the staff we interacted with were very nice and eager to assist. Know that on the day of your departure, they really do want you off the resort as early as possible. We had to catch a 5pm flight on Phuket and they had advised us to take the 7:30 or 8am boat to Tonsai, which made no sense. In the end, after quite a bit of confusion, we took the 2pm speedboat directly to Phuket and it worked out fine.
The Outrigger was the perfect place to end our Asia holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A dream-like boutique resort situated on a private 800 metre stretch of pristine white sand beach lapped by the turqoise waters of the Andaman Sea. The resort is set on 70 acres of coconut palm plantations, in the privacy of Loh Ba Gao Bay on Phi Phi Island. Accommodation is comprised of 144 traditional Thai style bungalows and 12 exclusively private Hillside Pool Villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort And Spa
- Phi Phi Island Village Beach Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Phi Island Village Beach Hotel
- Phi Island Village Beach Resort
- Phi Phi Island Village Resort