We arrived via the public ferry and were picked up from tonsai bay wharf by the hotels boat it was slightly raining and we were provided
With ponchos and our luggage was covered.. Check was smooth and we were given a cool towel and a drink..
Then we were led through the gardens to our superior room.
So now the cons..
Shower pressure low and hot water took some time to kick in. Bed super hard and uncomfortable. Very expensive food and drinks. Over priced tours (anywhere from 200-2000bht more than the village) and even had to pay for kayak hourly rental of 350bht. Breakfast nothing special, wish they made fresh juice. Paying for boat shuttle into ton sai bay, where most hotels would run a free shuttle.. To hire a longtail would be anywhere from $800-1000bht. More info on the walking trails, we walked to the look out and then to tonsai bay. Very confusing..
Dated rooms and dated hotel grounds, wooden planks near reception*dangerous* the hotel needs some tender loving care..
Not similar to other Outtrigger resorts, that I've stayed at as they have spa deals and also hire of kayaks and snorkle gear is free..
Wifi only in reception area not in rooms. So you have to brave the Mosquitos to use the Internet..
House keeping slow, I had to recall on separate occasions..Need more amenities in bathroom/room such as face washer, hand towel, body moisturizer, slippers. We had a 2pm boat transfer back to tonsai and we could only get a half an hour later check out.. So that was ridiculous.. Plenty of signs to tennis court so we went to reception to book in to find out it was under construction..
Also you can't get cash out at the resort so that's a trick to spend all your money here so it will be charged to your room and you pay via card at check out, we braced the uphill jungle trek to get to tonsai to use an ATM.
And lastly the bed in the room makes a ruscus so if you've come for Romance you might be annoyed.. Also on my last evening we ordered room service.. Lets just say it was two hours before they got the order right and I wasn't pleased. It was a bit of a joke.
Pros, not as many..
Reception and staff when arrival were first class.. Super friendly Welcome and checking in was simple.
Staff at ferry pick up organized and quick.. Location amazing that's obviously why it's so expensive..
Local village behind phi phi great we booked tours and ate at the *padthai* restaurant for a couple of dinners.. DVD hire for free at reception. Pool is nice.. Also the beach I'd gorgeous at high tide, the reef is easy to get to by kayak or swimming..and we seen plenty of fish..
All in all would I come back? No.
It says its a 5 star hotel but I think it is a 4 star on a 5 star location. I was annoyed quite often and shocked at how they are ripping there guests off on extra activities considering the price of the rooms and transfers. It was really disappointing and the only night the restaurants seemed busy was when there was a black out and the village behind lost power.. It seemed like a ghost resort because everything was so pricey! It actually upset me.. I understand why it has the highest on TA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A dream-like boutique resort situated on a private 800 metre stretch of pristine white sand beach lapped by the turqoise waters of the Andaman Sea. The resort is set on 70 acres of coconut palm plantations, in the privacy of Loh Ba Gao Bay on Phi Phi Island. Accommodation is comprised of 144 traditional Thai style bungalows and 12 exclusively private Hillside Pool Villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort And Spa
- Phi Phi Island Village Beach Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Phi Island Village Beach Hotel
- Phi Island Village Beach Resort
- Phi Phi Island Village Resort