“A great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of World Dive Center

World Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: World Dive Center is a member of PIRA (PADI International Resort Association); a PADI Dive Resort. This means we meet and exceed the highest PADI quality and safety standards. We focus on safe diving practices, first aid and safety equipment on all dives. You will be guided or trained by reliable staff all of whom make you feel comfortable and safe at all times. Underwater we all speak the same language but above the waterline you can converse with our multi-lingual staff in your own language.
Paris
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Choosing World Dive was a good thing among the numerous dive shops in Koh Phi Phi. This shop is well located near the pier and the staff was very friendly and not too pushy as other shops on this island. I booked for 2 fun dives and being a certified diver for more than 30 years I must say that I've a quite good experience in shops around the world. This shop meet all the requirements of a professional dive shop and I had 2 excellent dives with them, with a very new equipment and a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Dive sites here are great and we could see turtles, sharks and many other amazing species. One of my best diving experience ever. The best thing is that my wife who didn't want to dive for years decided to dive here and his instructor has been amazing of calm and psychology, and she now wants to dive again and get a certification !

Visited August 2013
3 Thank larryx

• Korean first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent diving with excellent people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I went to this diving shop by luck to do my open water padi certification. It was the luckiest moment of my holiday stepping in there.
The atmospere was very welcoming and the people were extremely cool. My diving instructor Julien was exemplary. It was the perfect combination of fun and serious learning. He and the others had interesting stories and converstions to tell on and off the boat but when it came down to learning...they were experienced, knowledgable, reassuring, proffesionalism and yet again fun.

I thank them for making this new experience a such an amazing one...

One love guys!!!!!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank AlexandrosTimotheou
Costa Rica
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Bad service and worst instructor ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went to this dive shop because someone told us they had good prices. Apparently in Thailand if they give you a discount it also means a discount on quality. We were told to dive with one instructor and ended up stuck with a terrible guy who showed up 30min late. The most annoying guy ever, smoking cigarette after the other and very unprofessional. When we start looking for equipment, there wasn't anything in the shop. The masks they gave us were terrible and the quality of the material in general was very poor. One of the nanometer was even broken which meant starting with only 160 air and finishing at 30. Once on the boat, where there are about 20 people smashed upon each other and no space to sit anywhere, the briefing starts. Talking about everything we will probably see under the water but of course didn't. Then as expected we were in the same group as the people who couldn't dive. Once under the water after about 30min of boring diving and an instructor that didn't show anything of course we got lost. Since there is no visibility no way to find the instructor because he left. Not professional and terrible instructor.
A big disappointment.

Visited July 2013
6 Thank Zari M
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Well done dive experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Just got done with 3 days of diving. On an island full of five shops I can not image a better one to choose. Other shops might look flashier, but this shops is about the basics, a great experience with great guides and instructors.

Only complaint would be no nitrox, however since most dive sites are shallow I understand why they do not have. Just would have been a bonus to one of the best dive experiences I have had in quite some time.

Thank you guys for the great times. See you the next time I am on phi phi.

Visited July 2013