“Beautiful view but dirty”
Review of Loh Da Lum Bay

Loh Da Lum Bay
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful view but dirty”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Our hotel was located in Loh Dalum so this was the closest beach, the view is beautiful but spoiled by dirty water and lots of rubbish, I presume from all the bars that line the beachfront, if I was to sum it up in one word "spoilt"

Visited April 2013

Montana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“private beach”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is only 15 minutes from the Outrigger, and is very private. The beach was clean and had nice sand. We were the only ones there, so I loved it.

Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“dirty water”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

we came here feb 2013
the water looked gross! and looked like either fungus or something that resembled poo was in the water! my bf came down with an ear infection after we went under the water when kayaking, dont put your head under the water.

also if you rent a kayak be cafefull about going to far from the back shores, you can get pulled out into the sea area from the bay and its scary.

Visited February 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Very dirty water that smells terrible”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

The bay is breathtakingly beautiful and we first saw it from the viewpoint. I couldn't wait to get in it for a swim. As i went to put my toes in the water i realised it was a murky brown with dodgy bits floating in it. I was really shocked and stayed out of it as it looked nothing like any other sea water i had seen inThailand. We are staying a few streets back from the beach and to get to our guesthouse we have to cross a little stream that is grey coloured and smells appalling. I can only assume that it runs directly into the bay.
I am no expert but i would assume it is a bad health hazard so please, stay out of the water.
On the other hand, the night fire shows and atmopshere on the beach is amazing.

newcastle upon tyne
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“A beautiful scenic beach (at high tide)”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The setting is just fabulous & like a perfect postcard at high tide, low tide, the water goes out a long way, just leaving mud behind.

Gets busy with all the backpackers during the day, even busier at night & very very noisy. The fire shows are very impressive

Visited February 2013