Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 5 nights at the beginning of June. To get the the hotel we went on a ferry from phuket to the Holiday Inn resort where we were greeted by long tail boats to take us to the resort ( a great way to reach the resort however not very well organised on the ferry as we had to wait around 20 mins till our holiday inn tail boat collected us). On arrival we were given a welcome drink and a cold face towel to help us freshen up, this was definitely needed!
We only had to wait 10 minutes for our room to be ready as we arrived early. When we went to our room (sea view coral studio) it seemed slightly worn and not cleaned properly. Upon further inspection the air con did not work properly and someone had left a plate of half eaten fruit outside our door attracting ants. I called reception to complain and they immediately offered us a new room which was great customer service, When we went to our new room three doors down it was a lot better with an even better view. Our balcony steps led straight onto the beach (i think we were upgraded to a beach front coral studio).
The resort overall was clean. well maintained and the staff did look after us especially a man called Diamond. The infinity pool was very nice and the beach was magnificent, One issue i did have was that it was difficult to order food by the infinity pool as the staff were not always around it especially at lunch which was annoying.
In the evening we had to eat at the hotel restaurant as not many place near by. The food was good and we even tried a couple of their buffets (asian and thai) which were surprisingly tasty and good quality. However, we did start to get bored of the food towards the end of our stay and not everything was available on the A la Carte menu as they were out of ingredients due to their market boat coming once a week.
The entertainment in the evening was more suited to older couples and was the same every night as it was a man and woman singing songs mainly oldish songs.
Mosquito's were a big issue for us whilst we were there especially in the evening as when we woke up the next morning we would have been bitten throughout the night and would of found new bites which was not pleasant. Maybe the resort can make sure that they spray rooms every night with mosquito spray to help prevent this occurring.
Overall we did enjoy our stay, it was very relaxing and we were looked after. If you are looking for a relaxing few days in Phi Phi with your partner then this is the place to go but if your looking for entertainment on a evening and restaurants nearby maybe this is not the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sawasdee-krab! Welcome to Paradise. Where else in the world can you walk from your bungalow straight on to a magnificent white sandy beach with coral reefs teeming with marine life? The resort is fully accessible from Phuket or Krabi. Guests from all over the world escape to Phi Phi to experience the tropical haven of Laem Tong Beach national park where Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island is situated. Tonsai Bay, the island's main township, can be reached within 35 minutes by long tail boat offering more than 100 shops, restaurants, bars and the fascinating sea view point. Water sports activities, including snorkeling, diving, canoeing, fishing and long-tail boat charters are available. For your convenience, contact the reservations team to assist you with your transfer bookings by speed boat or ferry from either Phuket or Krabi. To ensure a warm & efficient welcome, please provide us with your arrival and departure details ie. flight number and hotel or transfer details before and after your stay. Thank you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Holiday Inn Phi Island
- Phi Island Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi Don
- Ko Phi Phi Don Holiday Inn