My wife and I splurged in Thailand for the last three days of our trip and booked a room at the Holiday Inn on Koh Phi Phi. We wanted to get away and have some quiet beach time before heading back to our normal lives. I have mostly great things to say about this place but also a couple things to be aware of.
Great service from hotel staff
Wonderful sunset bar area
Free snorkel equipment
Short trips to Bamboo and Mosquito island
Things to be aware of:
Although this was the most expensive hotel we booked during our two week stay in Thailand it was the only one that didn't include breakfast in the rate.
The activities center is great for snorkeling or day trips on the boat but cheaper fares can be found by booking with the long tail boat operators directly about 50 feet down the beach.
Our room was located toward the back of the resort overlooking a gurgling sludge pond. If the room location is important (beach front, garden view, etc) to you then it might be worth having a look at the room prior to signing anything during check in. We weren't in our room that often so this wasn't a big deal for us but might be for someone else.
Bring bug spray. The bugs weren't awful but we were glad to have some bug defense during dinner.
I would highly recommend this place for honeymooners, romantic couples, or families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sawasdee-krab! Welcome to Paradise. Where else in the world can you walk from your bungalow straight on to a magnificent white sandy beach with coral reefs teeming with marine life? The resort is fully accessible from Phuket or Krabi. Guests from all over the world escape to Phi Phi to experience the tropical haven of Laem Tong Beach national park where Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island is situated. Tonsai Bay, the island's main township, can be reached within 35 minutes by long tail boat offering more than 100 shops, restaurants, bars and the fascinating sea view point. Water sports activities, including snorkeling, diving, canoeing, fishing and long-tail boat charters are available. For your convenience, contact the reservations team to assist you with your transfer bookings by speed boat or ferry from either Phuket or Krabi. To ensure a warm & efficient welcome, please provide us with your arrival and departure details ie. flight number and hotel or transfer details before and after your stay. Thank you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Holiday Inn Phi Island
- Phi Island Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi Don
- Ko Phi Phi Don Holiday Inn