This resort is really great. There are loooooots of bungalows (so if you like to have few people around you, go somewhere else) and all of them are great. We stayed at the cheapest ones and they were first class. Really spacious, comfortable and not so close to each other, so even with the crowd you can have some privacy once you're inside.
There's a nice bar at the top of the hill, with an amazaing view, and food at the restaurants is very good. And they'll lend you snorkel gear and kayaks for free.
Couple of downsides: after 3 weeks around SE Asia, prices here will drive you crazy. You're paying for 1 night what you paid for a week in Vietnam, and for one meal what you paid for a plane ticket. So don't expect to come here and save money (I guess most hotels must be the same... blame DiCaprio for that).
Another one, not so bad. Once you arrive at Ko Phi Phi, the hotel is on the other end of the island, and you can only get there by boat (there are no roads inside the island). It's about 30usd to get there, and another 30usd if you want to go back to the port, say to go around the town. So it's not all that comfortable if you're planning to do that, even though for what we've heard there's not much to do there. If you just plan to stay at the resort, you can save that expense by booking the ferry from Phuket directly with the hotel, since the ferry will drop you right there.
So, suming up... we spent here the last 2 of our 23 day experience around SE Asia. It's different from anything else you'll see around. It's a honeymoon place, basically though to lie under the sun before a tepid sea with no waves. If you want to spoil yourself a little bit before going back home, this is a great place to do so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sawasdee-krab! Welcome to Paradise. Where else in the world can you walk from your bungalow straight on to a magnificent white sandy beach with coral reefs teeming with marine life? The resort is fully accessible from Phuket or Krabi. Guests from all over the world escape to Phi Phi to experience the tropical haven of Laem Tong Beach national park where Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island is situated. Tonsai Bay, the island's main township, can be reached within 35 minutes by long tail boat offering more than 100 shops, restaurants, bars and the fascinating sea view point. Water sports activities, including snorkeling, diving, canoeing, fishing and long-tail boat charters are available. For your convenience, contact the reservations team to assist you with your transfer bookings by speed boat or ferry from either Phuket or Krabi. To ensure a warm & efficient welcome, please provide us with your arrival and departure details ie. flight number and hotel or transfer details before and after your stay. Thank you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Holiday Inn Phi Island
- Phi Island Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi Don
- Ko Phi Phi Don Holiday Inn