“Amazing experience and wonderful people”

Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed June 19, 2013

After getting married we have decided to go for a destination where both of us can relax. One of my friend visited Phi Phi Island in the past and suggested this place. When I have started looking for good resorts in no time I have shorted Holiday Inn resort and believe me I never regretted my decision.

It is one of best beach resort in Phi Phi, Thailand not just because of the brand but the way they have received us, treated us, helped us all the way in our stay.

I must say the employees work in this resort are very very helpful and took care of us very well..

One small problem I have noticed is when you book Coral Sea View Delux studio, the name says it as Sea view but unfortunately the view is covered with huge trees around. Although it did not matter to us but would have been even great if we had the entire view of the sea.

Room Tip: 1. Do not choose Garden bungalow as it is deep inside the resort and might be a bit scary in the nig...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank HemanthKakumanu

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Pros:
- nicest (2-night) stay of our trip
- isolated (therefore quiet)
- very nice sand beach, not crowded at all
- couple of cheaper restaurant 2 minutes’ walk away
- manager is rather accommodating
- awesome beachfront rooms
- clean

Cons:
- isolated (therefore far from any action)
- not so much animation in the hotel (eg no live music)
- a couple more of beach loungers would be nice
- hotel restaurant pricey and not so good
- pools could be larger

Room Tip: beachfront room was so convenient and pleasant for our family of four we could leave the kids on th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jmbuis
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have stayed at this resort two times. First time with friends and second time with my son. I had som concerns that this could be a boring place for a teenager. But this of all places was my sons favourite! Think he was more in the water than out of it. Snorkeling and diving all day. They have an acitivity center for kids and scuba diving was safe and nice. You just have to walk som meters out from the hotels beach and you can scuba dive :)
Both times I asked for a beach front bungalow - I think that`s part of the point at phi phi. To be able to take a few steps only to swim in the sea. The price difference isnt to high - well worth it. And you simply have to book room WITH breakfast. Where else to eat? ... You have some alternatives for dinner, but for breakfast I couldn`t see any other place. And breakfast is very nice!
The pool area with the bar is perfect. Just wave your flag in the sand and you get service at the beach; drinks, food, and so on.
The only thing I had in mind more than a couple of times; This is a romantic getaway. Yes, it`s also perfect for kids. But if you are singel; good luck! This is a place you wanna go for the most romantic holiday. You could ask the staff and they will make you a special candellight dinner in the sand...
I recommend to spend a little extra money on travelling with private speedboat. Oh so comfortable! They pick you up at the pir, carrie your luggage, give you towels and bottled water. It takes about one hour - and this is a trip through paradise! This is the place for total relaxation - you can walk barfoot 24/7.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach front bungalow. And if you remember; bring your own wine and soda from Phuket. The s...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank 839Natalie
Nithas S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2016

We thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate that you have enjoyed your stay with us in overall.

I am very grateful for the feedback provided as this gives us the opportunity of improving our services. And I have shared your comments with our team members to continue motivated in delivering high standards of service.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback and look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to our resort.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The holiday inn resort has in my opinion the best beach in thailand the sea is so clear and so lovely to swim in. The service is amazing. We got invited to the sunset bar by the manager to watch the sun set it had free cocktails and a buffet, they really go the extra mile to make you feel comfortable. Also the breakfast is brill and the egg chefs were lovely. Only downfall is the expensive food in the evening and how much it costs to get off the island else it would have been 5 stars! Perfect for couples.

Room Tip: All rooms are good it's about a 2 minute walk to the beach so personally I don't think it...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The information of the direct ferry is not prominent anywhere on the website.I only found out about it after I arrived at the hotel - a bit late at that stage.

The breakfast was expensive. 560 if you pay on the spot or 400 if you pre book it. Once again, this information was not imparted by anyone on reception until AFTER we had paid 560 on the first day. I asked if an allowance could be made as I would be booking it in advance every day after that. The excuse given "oh we can't change that now" because "it's in the system". RIght....thanks for that...

That said the hotel is in a great location. I walked through the other popular location of the village thong sai pier and it didn't look great.

Great location and nice beach. The staff could brush up on their customer service skills though, especially the breakfast staff who during one breakfast sitting asked me 3 times in the space of a minute if they could take my plate.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ismail20122
Reviewed June 13, 2013

If you are planning a trip to Thailand for your honeymoon or for a quick getaway without the kids, as we did, you could skip Krabi and Phuket and do Phi Phi island instead. If you do decide to do Phi Phi, you should skip staying in Tongsai Bay (the main hub) and choose Laem Tong beach on the other side instead. The sand is white, the sea is a gorgeous aquamarine and there are some top-end resorts to choose from. If you have to choose a resort on Laem Tong beach, it should be Holiday Inn. It offers by far, the best beach of all the resorts on Laem Tong. Besides that, it has great rooms, good service, good food, 2 swimming pools, basically the whole works. We stayed in the Coral Wing - Ocean facing Studio, it was perfect for the two of us. The veiw was spectacular, to say the least. The room was large and well appointed. At the water sports centre, you can get a complimentary snorkelling kit to use on their premises (although we had to wait for a couple of hours to get one) and there is canoeing too. We went snorkelling one afternoon and actually saw lots of fish just off the hotel's beach. We took a 4 hour trip to Maya Bay (booked at the water sports centre) early one morning, and it was worth every penny. Surprisingly, it was crowded at 8am too, but it is still gorgeous. The best part about Holiday Inn is that while you are on the best beach on Phi Phi island, and on that beach you are in the most secluded and picturesque location, you can still walk 5 minutes down the beach and dine in any of the other restaurants. Erawan Palms Resort, right next door has a great bar and outdoor cafe.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SaneelM
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort in Ko Phi Phi November 2012. After a busy few days in Hong Kong, we were ready for some rest and relaxation, and the Holiday Inn was just what the doctor ordered! We have been on many vacations in tropical locations throughout the years, but Ko Phi Phi was truly one of the most breathtaking places we have ever been. We stayed in the newer Coral Wing, and our room was spacious and beautifully decorated, with a wonderful balcony overlooking the beach and an outdoor shower. We were just steps from the gorgeous infinity pool and a few steps more to the white sand beach. It might have been because of the time of year that we visited, but we felt like most of the time we had the pool and beach practically to ourselves, which was wonderful! There were plentiful options at the buffet breakfast, including delicious banana bread. One of the things we most enjoyed was watching the sunset at the Sunset Bar each evening; the views were phenomenal. The staff at the hotel were all very nice and helpful, especially upon our arrival to the island, which all went very smoothly. We did not eat any dinners at the hotel as we wandered down the beach to the local restaurants for delicious Thai fare, but we did have a few lunches at the hotel and enjoyed the food. All in all, it may be a long trip to Ko Phi Phi, but if you stay at the Holiday Inn, it will be worth every minute of the journey!

Room Tip: Stay in the Coral Wing!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JBW1052

We thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate that you have enjoyed your stay with us in overall.

Best regards,