“Amazing beach..”

Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Amazing beach..”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed there for a couple of nights in June'13. The hotel is very nice - nice big rooms, very good service, good food and a great pool. But the best part of the hotel is the beach - white sand, clear water and very few people. In addition they offer quite a few (moderately priced) activities as well.

If you are planning to stay, book andaman wave masters as ferry (drops you right at the hotel). Also be prepared to shell out extra to go to Tonsai Pier/Maya bay as they are far away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Archaic123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I think this place was one the most beautiful locations for a hotel I have seen... serene, peaceful and right on the beach. Our cottage and the beach were only a few feet apart during high tide! I saw the most beautiful sunrise here - and the kids loved their kids' club. Infact, they didn't want to come out. The activities for adults(snorkelling etc.) too were immense.... and well managed. The staff was very very nice and friendly. We had a faulty TV but that was changed immediately... great service. My only wish was they gave buffet breakfast everyday and had more variety in their menu.

Room Tip: Take the cottage facing the ocean - they are simply beautiful to wake up to.... lovely views and sim...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bhavna S
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We spent five nights at the Holiday inn Phi Phi as part of our honeymoon and found it to be a nice place to stay. The resort was clean and we found the staff to be very helpful they were able to help us when ever we had a problem and what nothing but respectful. Being on an island you have to expect the prices to be high, it's simple economics, however I have paid more in lesser star hotels in the UK! My wife's birthday fell why we were on the island and the staff were able to fix flowers and a cake for me. I had also booked a meal on the beach and this was truly amazing! The staff pulled out all the stop from lighting candelas around us, to putting the table in a dug out heart! The food we were severed was amazing!!!! This made my wife feel so special on that day and is a lasting memory of our honeymoon. Thanks holiday inn phi phi for this.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank AlanUK1983
Nithas S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this review, April 3, 2016

I appreciate that you have enjoyed your stay with us in overall.

I am very grateful for the feedback provided as this gives us the opportunity of improving our services. And I have shared your comments with our team members to continue motivated in delivering high standards of service.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback and look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to our resort.

St. Louis
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel twice and both visits were very nice. The beaches are serene, peaceful, and not crowded- you're lucky to see one or two other people on the beach. We booked the beachfront room which literally was on the beach maybe 10-15 feet away from the water at high tide. The hotel has two pools with stunning views one of which are for adults only. Staff is friendly, helpful and very polite. Restaurant food is just okay but there are other outside options down the beach. The only negative is it is accessible only by long boat which these are easy to find from the main pier. This is not your hotel if you are looking for nightlife, shopping and tourism- this is for relaxation and the views, service, and overall experience is worth the track to get there.

I would recommend booking a longboat tour that takes you around the local islands to see the natural beauty not found elsewhere in the world and also snorkel- hotel fees for this are very reasonable. The hotel has free kayaks, snorkel equipment and life jackets available for checkout as well. Diving trips can also be booked through the hotel.

I will absolutely return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank WSoonatt

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 29, 2013

It was our first time to phi phi island and holiday inn just seemed like the perfect place to spend 2 nights. i read up on the hotel and what sold me was the sunset bar. i wasn't disappointed. the sunset bar is basically having the best front row seats to watching the beautiful sunset with a cocktail in your hand.

the room we got was a king garden bungalow. the room was comfortable and had a great balcony, but word to the wise, it was up on a little hill quite a walk away from the lobby, restaurant so if you don't like walking, remember to ask for a room closer to the lobby. the bathroom is a slight squeeze but the outdoor shower makes up for that.

the only damper to my almost perfect trip was that i lost my phone at the sunset bar. The duty manager was helpful, however my phone was never found. i would have thought that at a 4-star hotel like the holiday inn that the item would have been returned, just teaches me to always be cautious of personal belongings, no matter where you are....

Room Tip: when booking the room, be sure to check exactly where your room is especially if you don't want...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gabrielle T

Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Phi Phi in April 2013. The rooms and bathrooms are quite tired/shabby but kept very clean. The rooms have all the amenties you would expect iron, fridge etc and the bed and pillows are very comfortable. But with such a beautiful beach a few steps away we really did not spend much time in our room at all. The decking near the breakfast area is in serious need of repair I don't think it will be long before someone puts their foot through it. Also it was a shame there there weren't any sun loungers avaiable on the beach just deck chairs which meant if you want to lie in the sun you had lie on the sand.

The Holiday Inn seemed to be the only place to get breakfast on the beach so make sure it is included in your reservation. There are a few choices for an evening meal, we ate in the hotel a couple of times and the food was brilliant. There are a fewer cheaper restaurants along the beach although the food was not as as good as the Holiday Inn.

The location of this hotel is first class, right on the most beautiful beach, powder white sand and crystal clear turquoise sea. This is not the place to come if you want to party or bar hop but if you want to simply enjoy a few days of peace and quiet on the most beautiful beach I would highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: The newer rooms are a bit of walk from the "main" part of the hotel and the restaurant tha...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lesa03

mumbai
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The name suggests it all. Its a beautiful for a romantic getaway. Its a huge property with a sun-set point and white sand beach. Remember its an island so there is not much to do around unless you hire a boat and get to main phi phi island. The food is not that great, there is small shack next to the hotel which serves much better food and reasonably priced. The USP of the hotel is the sun-set point. I was there every evening with my wife watching the sun set and sipping on our drink. We just didn't wanna leave from there even after the sun was gone. The pool was small for a hotel that size but who cared...you had the entire sea in front of you to swim. The hotel staff is very friendly and always there to help. One night we had a private dinner organised for us on the beach, it was beautifully done up. It was a bit steep but completely worth it. Will go back definitely.

Room Tip: Get the sea facing room. Try not getting the ones where you have a lot of stairs to climb.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple