Stayed in an Ocean view room here last year with my girlfriend, I had recently stayed at a Starwood resort in Phuket and was impressed - given that I paid more for my room here at the Holiday Inn, I had high expectations.
One cannot help but be completely mesmerised by the beauty of this part of the island, the last stop on the ferry and only accessible by longboat (provided by the hotel) the water turns beautiful shades of deep blue to turquoise as you get closer to shore.
The welcome was ok here, as everybody arrives together (unless you get a private boat at the cost of £300+ each way), everybody is welcomed together in the restaurant where you wait patiently at a table and staff come over to you with your keys. Eventually you are led to your room which for us was a short walk away at the far end of the resort.
As views go from hotel rooms this one is certainly up there - I have been fortunate enough to have stayed at many beach destinations around the world, from the Caribbean to Zanzibar but truly this beach is a marvellous place. The balcony was overlooking the sea and my girlfriend and I couldn't have been happier with the view.
There are two pools in this resort, there is an older less impressive pool around reception, and an infinity pool overlooking the sea further down (right next to our room), the infinity pool is infinitely better (haha), and worth the short walk as it is less busy. The restaurants were average but if a light lunch and a cold beer is all you're after they do just fine, tables set up right on the beach with the unique longboats moored alongside - an idyllic scene. Had dinner in the restaurant one night and enjoyed it - nothing particularly special but did the job. If you are looking for great food, Zeavola resort is a few places down the beach (which has other restaurants/bars too) and offers very nice food at reasonable prices.
The sunset bar is worth a visit and we went every night for a cocktail or two, lovely views of the Andaman whilst the sun goes down and a nice breeze to accompany it.
Overall I think the sheer beauty of this place makes wherever you choose to stay almost irrelevant, the hotel however did deliver on the levels I expected it to, the rooms did lack the luxury one would expect for the price paid and although I thought the outdoor shower was a nice touch not everybody may agree with this.
That said if you go in the quiet season as we did I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a really nice spot away from the madness in Phi Phi, thank you for a wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sawasdee-krab! Welcome to Paradise. Where else in the world can you walk from your bungalow straight on to a magnificent white sandy beach with coral reefs teeming with marine life? The resort is fully accessible from Phuket or Krabi. Guests from all over the world escape to Phi Phi to experience the tropical haven of Laem Tong Beach national park where Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island is situated. Tonsai Bay, the island's main township, can be reached within 35 minutes by long tail boat offering more than 100 shops, restaurants, bars and the fascinating sea view point. Water sports activities, including snorkeling, diving, canoeing, fishing and long-tail boat charters are available. For your convenience, contact the reservations team to assist you with your transfer bookings by speed boat or ferry from either Phuket or Krabi. To ensure a warm & efficient welcome, please provide us with your arrival and departure details ie. flight number and hotel or transfer details before and after your stay. Thank you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, IHG, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Holiday Inn Phi Island
- Phi Island Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi Don
- Ko Phi Phi Don Holiday Inn