“PProbably the best choice in Phi Phi Island”

Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed July 16, 2012

After one night in Ton Sai bay, we decided to change our hotel to Holiday Inn.
The location of the resort is excelent.
The perfect choice if you want to relax, lay on the beach, swim, snorkeling and do some boat trip around the islands .
The beach is for me one of the "plus spot" of the resort. The trees on the beach provide shadow, fun spots and at same time you can see diferent kinds of birds. The water is great. I stayed hours doing snorkeling around the beach.
The service is kite good, pleople are very friendly from the reception to the housekeeping.
Bungalows are very clean and well preserved.

It's not cheap but good value for money choice.
We booked 2 night and stayed 2 more.

Definitely I recomend this resort.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JVilarinho
Carol W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear JVilarinho

Thank you for the nice comments. I agree with you that Tonsai environment is very different from our hotel setting.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your holiday with us and I hope you will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Sunny regards from Koh Phi Phi

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island

Reviewed July 15, 2012

The Holiday Inn Resort was absolutely fabulous. From the moment we arrived the service was first class and we were greeted with cool drinks and a free upgrade. The pools in the resort are fantastic and the beautiful white sand beach is kept immaculately clean by the staff who patrol it several times a day. The rooms themselves were huge and well designed and gave us a beautiful view over the turquoise sea.The food within the resort was delicious and the staff could not do enough to look after you. During our stay we hired a speedboat to take us over to Krabi for the day and the crew provided us with an excellent packed lunch, drinks and plenty of photo opportunities The diving from resort was also very good and I would recommend it for all levels. All in all I cannot fault the resort and can only describe it as paradise! I would love to return again...

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Carol W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Windsurferman

Thank you very much for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island for your stay.

I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed every aspect of our resort including the diving trip provided by Sea Bees.

I also hope that will be able to return in the not too distant future.

Please contact me directly should the opportunity arise. My direct e mail address is carol.waller@ihg.com

Sunny regards

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Had a wonderful stay at this place, first best thing is the location and the second best thing is the attitude of staff. Enjoyed every bit of my stay, spent most of the time snorkelling near the resort..

Food is greatt!!!!

Will definitely stay in holiday inn again..

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kithole

Dear Kithole

Thank you for uploading your comments to Tripadvisor.
I am glad to see that you have had an enjoyable holiday and that your experience has made you choose Holiday Inn for future stays. This certainly makes us very proud.

Should you decide to return to our resort, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Warm regards from Phi Phi Island!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I was only here one night after transferring from a hotel in the village. The difference was night and day.

Pros:
-Beautiful, natural looking beach with hammocks and swings
-Clean, nice villas (not luxurious)
-Sunset bar
-Jasmines restaurant (next door to the hotel - is a MUST)

Cons:
-The resort is very large and spread out
-Bathrooms are tired and need an update
-Far and expensive to get to/from town
-They charge you for wifi

Prior to arriving at the resort, I was worried that it would be too quiet at night. But we found a good crowd at the beachfront bar and had a good time listening to the live music.

I wish I could have stayed here longer.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank JessTravels

Dear JessTravels
Thank you very much for sharing your comments about the experience in our hotel.
I am glad to see that you have enjoyed our beach and our Sunset Bar.
With regards to the bathrooms we are currently working on a refurbishment plan to get them renovated and I hope you will have the opportunity in the future to experience the change.

Should you wish to return to our hotel in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me

Sunny regards

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Very nice location and clear blue beach although ferry ride takes a lot longer than expected and very cramped. Hotel, pool and bar were all very nice the main downfall was the restaurant, with its slow service and unorganised staffing. However all the employees were happy and friendly and were the only reason we came back. Rooms were average to good, but the bathroom (especially shower) were a bit not so modern and had a very low water pressure.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MicMir2

Dear MicMir2

Thank you for sending your feedback about your stay and for choosing our hotel for your holiday.
I have shared your comments about the slow service in the restaurant and our Food and Beverage Manager will take the necessary steps to resolve this issue as soon as feasible.

The bathrooms in the bungalows and the curtains will be changed within the next two months as well as the showers.

I hope you will have the opportunity of trying the updated look in the future.

Should you decide to return to Phi Phi, please do not hesitate to contact me

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Spent 3 nights in this touch of paradise.

We were upgraded to the KING CORAL BEACH STUDIO Rm 502, after being acknowledged as Priority Platinum Members. It was nice to be acknowledged as a Platinum member, as in our travels we have come across a number of hotels that don't really seem to care.

The room was great, and we were 3 meters from the waters edge.
The 'inside bathroom' was a bit dated, however, I understand that these are being updated in coming months along with the room blinds. The outside shower was fantastic and private.

The hotel itself is beautiful and I like the fact you have your own bungalow. The restaurant food was reasonably priced and very tasty. I had one of the best green curries I have ever had, and I am a huge Thai food fan.The sunset bar was a great place to have a cocktail and watch the sun go down.

We arranged a few tours through the tour desk and hired a longboat for 4 hours.
This was the highlight of our time at Phi Phi and I highly recommend it.
We felt that the tours were reasonably priced although Im sure that we could have negotiated a better deal with the drivers themselves, we were more than happy to pay as snorkeling gear was included through the hotel.

We didnt really use the pools as the beach was magic, however, both looked nice.

Staff were friendly without being over the top. Of Particular note were the staff at the Sunset Bar. One of the girls there was fantastic (didnt catch her name, but she did breakfast in the mornings also).

We look forward to going back and experiencing this tropical (somewhat isolated) paradise again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Benzie86

Dear Benzie86

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday and for uploading your feedback about our hotel on Tripadvisor.
Feedback from our loyal Priority Club guests is essential on our journey to delivering excellent service.
I have shared your comments with the Sunset Bar team, who were delighted to have made an good impression on you.

With regards to the bathroom renovations, this year we will be focusing on the bungalows and the Coral wing rooms may be attended most probably by the end of next year.

Our Chef thanks the compliments about the Green Curry and promises to share the recipe with you over one of our Thai Cooking courses on your next visit.

Thank you very much once again for the time spent uploading your comments and I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you once again to our resort

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Visited April 2012 with family and had such an amazing time.
The beach is beautiful, white sand, warm clear water,we snorkelled from the beach every day you can pick up snorkel, mask etc from hotel at no extra cost. when the tide is out you can walk out and explore the exposed reef. Our 8 year old daughter loved this.
The hotel food was excellent, great breakfast and lovely lunches at the beach restaurant and if you dont fancy eating at the hotel there are other options nearby including the sea gypsy village next to the hotel. We also walked to the other village at Ba Kao Bay which is only 1/2 hr walk away and has a few restaurants to try,they even gave us a lift back to the hotel.
We hired a longtail one day and went to Nui Bay where we were dropped off and had the beach to ourselves.the snorkelling there was unbelievable. Another day we went to Yong Gasem Bay then fished for tuna on the way back, superb. We were there during Songkran and had great fun during the water fight with the staff and other guests.
During our visit there was a tsunami warning and we were evacuated to higher ground where the staff did a great job bringing out food,water and blankets.
The staff were excellent from the manager down to the cleaners who kept our beach bungalow spotless.
We're looking forward to going back next April,only this time we'll stay longer.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cj1903

Dear cj1903

Thank you uploading your views about our hotel on Tripadvisor and for having chosen our resort for your holiday.
I am glad to read that the whole family was able to enjoy our beautiful location.
I am confident that your daughter will be able to have loads of fun at our hotel on your next visit, as we will be finalizing our Kid's club in the next couple of months.

For your booking in April 2013, please check our website to make the most of our Best price guarantee or alternatively, please send me an e mail and I will be glad to assist (carol.waller@ihg.com )

Looking forward to welcoming you once again

Sunny regards from Phi Phi Island