“Three fantastic days of diving” 5 of 5 bubbles

Phi Phi Barakuda
Ranked #4 of 37 Tours in Ko Phi Phi Don
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phi Phi Barakuda has been providing quality dive trips and courses for over 20 years and as a multi award winning Dive Center you can be assured that all dives are planned and supervised to strict SSI/PADI standards. We run morning and afternoon dive trips every day and offer small personal group sizes of 2 students to 1 instructor on courses and 4 divers to a divemaster for fun dives.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Three fantastic days of diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We spent 4 days on Phi Phi island at the beginning of June. In 3 out of 4 days we did fun dives in the morning as we just got our PADIs. As it was our fifth dive (first one outside PADI) we were a bit nervous (about hitting the bottom, hitting sea urchins), but we had a great time and they made it seem natural and easy.
The first day we dived with Collin (the dive master) and it was very nice. We were supposed to do an one hour dive, but we finished in half an hour. That was because my (2m) boyfriend finished his air tank. The next day, Walter, another instructor from the center, was kind enough to join us and carried a second tank so that we can stay one full hour underwater. So for the next 2 days we had the privilege of having 2 dive professionals with us underwater. There were no supplementary charges for anything.
The diving sites were nice and we got to see a lot. Everybody was very friendly and we enjoyed very much our diving in Phi Phi. We are going to dive with Barakuda again when we go back to Koh Phi Phi. Extra points are given for not harassing us on the street(the Thai style of getting customers).
Our final opinion is that they are passionate divers that love what they do.

Visited June 2013
PPBThailand, Manager at Phi Phi Barakuda, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thanks for the feedback, we were very happy to help you and your boyfriend get the most out of your dives. We hope to see you again in the future.

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Warminster, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I booked a trip with these guys in May 2013, I stopped at lots of padi shops along the street, no one was diving as they had no bookings in the afternoon, I stopped at Barakuda, they didn't really have any space but after explaining that I was part way through my open water dive course in the UK they kindly agreed to take me out, I had to participate in a discover scuba trip (x 2 dives) on a on a 1 to 1 with Pete. I had a fantastic time thanks to Pete and the team, he was wonderful, very patient and informative regarding fish species and diving procedures. He allowed me to practice my skills with my kit and tested me on open water procedures. The whole team were superb, I highly recommend these guys for a trip. The sights were stunning. Thanks so much Pete for all your help, you were wonderful :)

Visited May 2013
PPBThailand, Manager at Phi Phi Barakuda, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thanks for the great feedback on Pete, he takes a lot of pleasure in taking new divers out so I am sure that he enjoyed the dives as much as you did.
Melbourne, Australia
“Best Team Ever, Best Dives Forever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I dived many times with Barakuda's team. I loved going on their boats, either Magnifica or Oceana. During break between dives, we could even practice our flips jumping from the top of the boar! Food on board was excellent and plenty. But mostly, the team was amazing: Nicky, Klara, Jay, John, Julie, Sean, Pauline, Jordan, Aaron, Ally and more... I loved diving and learning from every each of you. Teams change, but the quality of the dive won't.

Visited February 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New Diver - Great Experience at Barakuda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I just finished the Open Water certification course at Phi Phi Barakuda in 2 1/2 days. They were incredibly helpful and gave one on one attention the entire time. My instructor, Oren, was funny and patient and supportive when I panicked underwater. The office manager JJ is very helpful and the owner, Eddy, has been on the island for many years. He has great stories to share and helpful restaurant recommendations. Overall, my experience was excellent and I will return!!
Thank you Barakuda!!

Visited April 2013
PPBThailand, Manager at Phi Phi Barakuda, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Hi Becky,

Thanks for the feed back, its great to hear back from our customers. We look forward to seeing you again some time in the future.

Eddy
Phuket, Thailand
“Best dive centre on Phi Phi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have just been for a diving holiday on Phi Phi. I have been coming to Phi Phi for many years and have been diving with most of the dive shops on the island.

After this time I will not try any other diveshops. I am a PADI diving instructor myself and to be diving with Barakuda on Phi Phi has been one of the best experiences of my life.

The divesites are wonderful, nice coral reefs, lots of things to see.. Sharks, turtles, moray eels, sea snakes.. the list can go on forever. But it was actually not the diving I was the most impressed by, even though it was fantastic.

It was the service I got in Barakuda, The two managers Eddy and Jay have been absolutely fantastic during my whole stay. They have helped me with things I wouldn't even ask for. Accomodation, places to go at night, restaurant.. yes.. you name it.

The equipment is excellent and I liked that they we're one of the very few dive shops using Open heel fins with booties inside, also they have new clean equipment with nice regulators, bcd' and wetsuits. All the instructors are friendly in the shop and all very welcoming.. Also a very safe dive centre, 100% oxygen in the shop and on the boat, good and clean medical kit.

Now normally I wouldn't write a review about anything but as a diving instructor myself I actually created a trip advisor account just to be able to give Barakuda this review..

If I could give this dive centre more than a 5 I would. For the best customer service and helpful staff I have ever met in my dive career.

Thank you Barakuda and especially Eddy and Jay.

I really couldn't have asked for more!

Visited April 2013
Hi Lisa,

All I can say is WOW, to get such high praise from a fellow Pro Diver means a lot to us.

Many thanks