The Rock Backpacker
$125
  • Pool
Phi Phi The Beach Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$113
$78
  • Restaurant
Phi Phi Hotel(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$39
$37
$153
$112
  • Beachfront
P.P. Erawan Palms Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$78
$65
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
P. P. Palm Tree Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$72
$54
  • Pool
Zeavola Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$281
$171
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$74
$43
  • Free Internet
Tohko Beach Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$35
  • Restaurant
Paradise Resort Phi Phi(Ko Phi Phi Don)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewsi stayed in a private roombanana bardouble roomstayed here for one nightper nightthbnightlife
Reviewed May 7, 2013

There was 1 good thing about this place and it was that you could meet people (like any dormitory based hostel). There were so many things wrong that i think it'll be easier just to list them
1) All of the staff were incredibly rude and very unhelpful
2) The rooms were very hot but the fans were continuously turned off through-out the day and night by staff
3) The mattresses were the hardest I'd EVER slept on in 3 months travel so far; also made of leather so absorbed a lot of heat. The beds are also too close together.
4) We had to make our own beds because they couldn't be bothered
5) Half of the personal lockers were broken
6) The family who stays there are even ruder than the staff - the grandfather shouted at anyone who used the downstairs shower... but no one would tell us where the others were!
7) It's definitely not the cleanest hostel I've stayed at so far
8) Usually graffiti on the walls can look cool but these looked tacky and the rooms just had a feel of a military barracks

All in all my opinion is - stay in Phi Phi Backpackers; if there's no room there pay more for a room - it's worth your while!
- Ollie

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Olliwog
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Phi Phi was generally a very noisy and very busy place, but this place made it impossible to sleep. We had a private room with shared bathroom, the view was fantastic (it was up many many stairs!) but at night it was very hot and the noise from the beach was so unbearable we checked out after one night and went somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jessi S
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed in a four bed dorm. Beds were broken. One bedpost had a rusty nail coming out of it. Bed sheets were dirty. Mattresses and pillows were hard and heavily stained with all sorts. Room was way too hot to sleep in, coupled with horrible surroundings, I didn't get a single nights sleep. I checked out after the first night and stayed at Flower Bungalows across the road which was so much better.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Layth H
Reviewed February 12, 2013

First night i stayed in private room. It was a sign on the wall "even my prison-cell was bigger than this [--] room" and thats true. Bed sheets was dirty and nasty. Owner is very rude.
Price is bloody high for this kind of rooms.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank itscooltotravel
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Beware worst experience, never had such rude hosts in my life. Never wrote one of these but if i can help prevent the same from happening to one other person its more then worth it. The room was a dump with a broken fan beds covered with sand and ants which I didn't mind considering it was considered cheap for the island but the hospitality was beyond believable. The women freaked out at a few girls staying in the same room as me for writing on one of their walls which are all already covered with doodles and signatures which were offered to be scrubbed off yet blown off with swears and rude gestures. After a horrible sleep the following morning after multiple threats and curses To my friends I still decide to wait for my food since i was starving. My breakfast finally arrived and I take my first few bites the chef comes out to watch me eat it then proceeds to point and laugh at me in a no other way to explain it but evil way. Telling another few workers there they all stare at me and do the same as if in disbelief I'm eating the food. Didn't take long to figure out they tampered with my weak looking meal. Of course I'm upset but don't say anything and as I try to leave to catch my ferry The same woman walks up and demands I pay for the meal which iv already paid. The kid that I paid was nowhere to be seen so they keep on demanding I pay again so I track down the boy whom I paid which confirms what I was saying. No apology just stern looks and scowling faces as I leave. Not sure what they put in my food but I'm already feeling sick. I just hope it was simply hair or dirt and not something poisonous which wouldn't surprise me the way it went down. The fact that they not only gave our whole group threats but they screwed with someone's food over a few marks on a wall has left me furious. I know they wouldn't do this to everyone otherwise they would be out of business which might happen soon at the way they handled it. Stay at your own risk!

• Stayed: January 2013