“Superb Diving in Phi Phi Island”
Review of Princess Divers

Princess Divers
Ranked #14 of 38 Tours in Ko Phi Phi Don
More attraction details
Owner description: Princess Divers was founded in 2001. Our goal was and still is to provide divers visiting Phi Phi Island the maximum in safety and enjoyment.We pride oursleves on providing the best in diving service and standards across the Island.We are affiliated with both PADI and SSI, and through our experienced multi-lingual dive staff, we are able to offer you dive courses from beginner through to professional, available everyday to suit your holiday schedule. For your convenience learning materials are available in over 14 languages.It's about the attention to detail, providing high quality customer service with the utmost in safety... and enjoying doing it. It's not a job... it's a life style.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had heard great things about the Diving in Phi Phi and had booked 2 days with Princess Divers, my first day was to the National Park and was fantastic, the marine life was everything I could have hoped for, Nacho my guide was excellent and showed me Sharks and Turtles on my first dive. The boat and equipment are all first rate and all the staff show a real love for what they do.

My second day was a Wreck trip and an early start, this was my first wreck dive and I had never seen so many fish in one place, we did 2 more dives before heading back to the shop. A big thanks to Nacho for making my dives in Phi Phi so memorable.

All reviews
"lion fish"
in 10 reviews
"underwater world"

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have decided to write this review the minute after I finished my intro class with them. I would like to share my experience here so someone like me won't make the same mistake in the future.

I have a bit water phobia since I almost got drowned when I was a kid. I had trouble swimming ever since. But I have always wanted to go scuba diving so I explained my situation point by point to the crew. They assured me that swimming was not a pre-requisite and eveyrthing will be fine.

But when we got in the water, they were not patient enough to explain things thoroughly. Because I am not a swimmer, lots of things (i.e. breathing water out of your nose) are a bit counter intuitive to me. When I tried to blow water out of the mask using my nose, I failed couple of times. However, instead of helping me tackle the issue, the coach simply told me that he had to send me back if I can't do it. And that's all he can offer as a coach. So I ended up spending the rest of my day on the boat while dealing with my ocean sickness.They even asked me to pay the full price until I reasoned with them.

As an instructor myself, I believe very strongly that there are no dumb students but only bad teachers. I bet they are very experienced divers. But if you are looking for patient instructors to get you started on scuba diving, I would NOT recommend them.

Hope this helps.

2  Thank VickyXu111
Princess D, Manager at Princess Divers, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Hi Vicky

In response to your review dated March 14th

Our goal is to try and introduce as many people safely to the Underwater world as possible, however regrettably in a small number of cases we have to accept that Scuba Diving is not suitable for everyone. Unfortunately in your case my Instructor team had to make a decision based on your safety, your safety and well being are the primary concern of our staff.

To complete the Discover Scuba Diving experience each student must be able to perform 3 simple skills in very shallow water to demonstrate the ability to breathe and be comfortable underwater, unfortunately in your case after approx 40 mins and several panic attacks, the Instructors felt they had no choice and for your own safety they escorted you back to the boat.

This is always the last option our Instructors choose but for safety reasons we sometimes have to make this decision.

The rules set out by PADI stipulate that to continue the Dive experience the student must be able to clear water from the mask, if this is not possible the Dive experience can not continue. We always offer our students a second chance to try and complete the skills however this was not possible due to your sea sickness.

You are correct to mention that swimming is not a pre-requisite and we have many non swimmers that complete the experience.

I completely agree with you there are "no dumb students" but Scuba Diving Instructors have to be 100% sure that people are comfortable under the water, situations or problems that occur under the water are very different to that of situations on dry land. We put a tremendous effort into trying to get as many people as possible to enjoy the Scuba Diving experience.

We understand your frustration but after discussing in detail with the 2 Instructors I feel they made the right decision for your safety. My Instructors are always upset if they have to make this decision and it is always the last option they will choose, but in this case they were concerned for your safety if and had to abide by the PADI standards and regulations.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I dived a lot with Priness divers, and it was an amazing experience, did the wreck dive and the national park a couple of times. The crew at Princess divers is really professional and they all got a lot of experience so they know what to look for at the different dive spots. They made me feel like i was a part of something special, which I really enjoyed and that was one of the reasons why I kept on diving with them. The boat we where on was really clean at all times and the dive equipment was in perfect shape. The time I spent with them is something I will always remember.

I will strongly recommend Princess divers to everyone that travels to Koh Phi Phi. And I`m looking forward to dive with them again

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have wanted to try diving for many years but never had the time or courage, thanks to the Princess team, i can now cross it of my bucket list. Dan and Manu you were fantastic and made the experience something i will never forget.
I will come back in the future and become an open water diver, until them my memories and the wonderful photos will have to suffice.

3  Thank A_V198258