“AMAZING!!!”

Phi Phi Scuba Diving Center
Ranked #7 of 40 Tours in Ko Phi Phi Don
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phi Phi Scuba Diving Center, the largest dive school on the island, providing fun, friendly dive tuition and recreation for all levels and ages. We are equipped with the biggest fleet of dive boats of any operator on Phi Phi. 5 boats allowing us to schedule dive trips to all dive areas on an every day basis therefore providing you with the greatest choice and convenience, plus talented multi-lingual instructors to ensure you receive the best training. Our HQ is the large two story bright yellow building you can see from the ferry pier (to help you find us) and the inside is efficiently organised; with all diving services down stairs and a relaxed social atmosphere upstairs to chill out, study, discuss dives and occasionally swap the latest gossip!
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Extremely friendly staff with only the best equipment. Their boats were amazing and clean as well. They provided two excellent meals as well as refreshments and coffee. Went diving several days with this group and we came instant friends. They're are really a tight bunch. The underwater video is amazing. Their dive skills were amazing. Very well organized as well. I actually got my advance diver certification on this trip and they were great for instruction as well. Wouldn't even consider using another group if I were you.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

A group of several friends and I dove through this shop after having a bad experience with another Phi Phi dive shop. This was probably the best decision of our entire trip. The staff was extremely friendly, and we quickly became good friends with many of them. They became guides both below and above water, and we spent essentially every night hanging out at the adjoined Deco Bar, before moving out on the town with the dive shop crew. The boats were excellent and the operations seemed extremely well-organized - we had no issues with dive site booking, equipment or logistics. The owner was extremely nice and friendly, and allowed us a surprising amount of trust in paying our bill. We have dove with a number of places around the world (Ko Tao, Roatan, Curacao, Hawaii etc.) and this is one of our favorite dive shop experiences. I would highly recommend.

1  Thank dmwhit
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The first time I Went to scuba dive was in Brazil during the new year and the experience left more to desire. When I got to Thailand me an my girlfriend abdicated to further our trip in the other islands in order to get our respective certifications in phi phi. She was doing the rescue and I was doing open water. When we got to the island we browsed on the Internet for the best diving instruction available and surprisingly there was phi phi diving (not the same one as phi phi scuba). When we got in the phi phi scuba we were thinking we were in phi phi diving and were graciously introduced to mr John who has been living in the island for a long time. After a chat about my concern with sharks (stupid, I know) he told me he used to have the same concern but the beauty you see down there would definetly eradicate this fear common people have. And so I trusted him and went on with the certificate. We had some trouble with our credit cards the day we arrived and he told us there was no problem as the payments are only made at the end providing you complete the certification, otherwise if we give up, we would only pay for what we had done. Since we had no money he also lended us the books we needed in order to start studying for the program.

The next day I met my instructor, Walter. A guy who basically lives underwater considering the number of dives he has (I will let you ask him lol) he made me go through the induction on the first day which went smoothly because of his approach to teaching and not to my ability to scuba dive.

During the second day is when you actually get on open water. And I must tell you that I can't remember the last time I was this scared. But I put my equipment together and hoped on to the water. Walter was always next to me and made sure that my fear was not so apparent. You won't believe this but I was underwater for 1 minute or maybe less, when I saw it......... Static on the bottom of the sea just above the boat we were on. The first shark I ever saw. A leopard shark..... BEAUTIFUL. I only got to know it is harmless (as most sharks are) when we got out of the water. It swam next to Walter for like 20 seconds and there I felt Walter's passion for what he does. And that kind of passed on to me. After the first dive I felt a bit sick and was almost giving up. But Walter and my girlfriend gave me all the support I needed to go through the second dive and encouraged me promising that I would feel a lot better inside water what proved to be true. After the second day when I got home, I thought about everything I lived underwater and I said to myself that what I saw down there were not only fishes and coral, a different fauna. No. What I saw down there is exactly what I travel for, to see a new world, a new culture, to live new experiences and I believe with all my heart that these experiences are the core of mans spirit.

The next day I heard from Walter something that I was needing to hear.... He said that I was not the same diver as the day before. It proved to be true as I glided past both dives experiencing every creature and the freedom the underwater world gives you. At night we got to enjoy stories told by the divers there. Vicky, Ian, Dan, Walter, and all of them that were there. We even got to enjoy a charity party they organized to support a fellow diver who is unfortunately suffering from cancer.

This is the first time in my life that I ever wrote a review. And I must say that I did it not because the above reviews were helpful because I crossed paths with phi phi scuba almost accidentally. But what I experienced there, the heart of the people that I fortunately got to meet is worth to share with future people that come to tripadvisor for advice.

Thanks to everybody in phi phi scuba for the inspiration that I lack back in my homecountry.

Fact number 1: every scuba diver is happy :)

Lots of love from angola

2  Thank Chicofernandes
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My partner and I did a Discover Scuba Dive with Daniel as out instructor and Maria, a divemaster in training, in January. Neither of us had ever dived before, and I can honestly say that it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. Daniel and Maria were fantastic instructors who worked wonderfully together. My partner struck a couple of problems with nerves due to it being his first time diving, and Daniel was exceptionally attentive and offered magnificent support. This enabled both of us to thoroughly enjoy the 2 dives.

I had such an amazing time that I am now an Advanced Open Water Diver! I would love to say I did the whole course with Phi Phi Scuba, but sadly our schedule didn't allow for that. If I could have waited I would have gone back to do it with Phi Phi Scuba, but I was too addicted and eager get it right away!

Having now dived with multiple companies though, I feel I am qualified to say that this company ticks all the boxes - Lovely, friendly, attentive staff, first out on the water to excellent dive sites (we saw 2 turtles!), state of the art, well maintained equipment, nice small groups, and to top it all off the whole dive was caught on video! After our dives were over we all went back to the bar above the office and watched the DVD, which we were then able to purchase as a fantastic souvenir of our wonderful day! I could not have asked for a more wonderful experience. Diving with Phi Phi Scuba has thoroughly enriched my life in a way I had never anticipated. Thank you! I cannot recommend this experience strongly enough.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Amazing Diving on a beautiful Island. From the moment I walked into Phi Phi Scuba I was greeted with a smile and the staff gave me a very warm welcome. Both the Instructors and Divemasters were very knowledgeable and answered any questions. I felt at ease when arriving at the Dive sites. The staff were very focused on my safety but at the same time ensured that I had fun. A great balance. We done two Dives and we saw everything from Beautiful leopard sharks to majestic turtles and other amazing things, Cuttlefish, Octopus, Lionfish, Scorpionfish and more!! My Instructor and the Divemaster assisting didn't seem to miss anything and it was obvious the they knew the sites very well. Upon making conversation with one of the Divemasters I was informed that they do not get paid but Instead get their qualification for free. A great scheme that the Dive center do. I tipped generously as I thought that they worked very hard. I will never forget my time with Phi Phi Scuba. Thank you for making my holiday truly amazing.