“Nice location. So so food and no service at all”
Review of Ton Sai Seafood

Ton Sai Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Nice location. So so food and no service at all”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

See above. Says it all.... You pay premium, but apart from location get mediocre at best. Staff is not friendly, not smiling and not attentive.

Visited March 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
“Unbelievably bad service.”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Visited this restaurant for dinner on Valentine's Day , as I'd remembered from my previous trip to Phi Phi (2 years prior) that this establishment was a delight.

How wrong I was!

The restaurant was very busy, and from the outlook it seemed like there couldn't be close to enough staff to service what I would predict to be 60+ occupied tables.

If you wish to order seafood here (as most would considering it is a seafood restaurant) you are expected to line up at the seafood line, choose your specific items, have it weighed and order how you would like it to be brought to your table.

This seems easy enough, yet the line was about 10 person deep, and there was just one worker slowly going about their business to create these orders.
After about 15 minutes of waiting in line, I could finally return to my table where my partner was patiently waiting (she does not eat fish).

It was impossible to get the attention of the very limited waiters. Finally we did and could order drinks and my partner's meal. The drinks took approx 10 minutes to arrive, and my beer was barely cold.

My partner ordered a spaghetti bolognese which was plonked on the table, and before she could ask for parmesan cheese, the waiter had scurried off.
After no waiter passed our table for minutes, we approached the bar who handed her a parmesan cheese shaker. (the type you would buy from a supermarket).

Unbeknown to us until it was used, this shaker was filled with SALT!.

Suffice to say after finally getting a waiters attention after another 5 minute wait, we had no option but to send it back as it was doused in salt.
I felt sorry for the waitress who was "looking after" our area, as she was attempting to do a job that required about 3 other people to help.

My fish arrived after about 20 minutes, and 10 minutes later the new spaghetti arrived.

The fish was decent enough, but by this point we were both so agitated that we really just wanted to eat and leave.

In summary:
Food - Average.
Service - Horrible
Bar Stuff - Rude and slow
Organisation - non existent

A restaurant of this size simply needs to be well organised and definitely requires a front of house manager.

I saw some extremely angry customers who had asked 4 times for water, and 5 TIMES for the bill.

When you looked at the faces of other tables, every one looked agitated, disappointed and regretful of their decision to dine here.

• Visited February 2012
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

situated on the front of Tonsai bay, this open air restuarant caters for everyone at great prices. We dined here 3 times during our stay, there were 8 people in my party and not once did any of us have a bad meal. Great Thai dishes, good steaks, the pizza the youngster had was one of the tastiest i have tried, and the seafood was amazing.

The best thing of all though - Large Bottle of Chang Beer - 80baht !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (cheapest on the lsland)

Visited December 2011
Melbourne, Australia
“Delicious fresh seafood at very cheap prices”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Try the mussels stir fried in chili and basil, delicious!

Visited January 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Terrible service and average food”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

The service was terrible! They took forever to bring drinks, they had too many tables and the staff weren't attentive to peoples needs - I had to get up to go ask for a drink or our bill because I couldn't wave down a staff member or catch their eye. The food was average, I wouldn't recommend. There are much better seafood bbq's in ton sai bay

Visited January 2012